No announcement yet.

Suggest a car for my dad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap interior probably ain't gonna fly, feel>performance in this case. Also, I think I should've posted this in off topic instead of international other automotive.... Should've gone to sleep hours ago...

Comment

If you posted it in OT instead of other automotive, chances are good that it'd have been deleted. You put it in the correct place for a discussion about other cars.

Comment

that new lexus hatchback gets 40 mpg and it looks ok ,, 2012 WRX ST fucking I ,, my dream car
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

the speed3 is a great car, a buddy of mine had one. there is plenty of aftermarket for it. and it is built strong, if you want to learn more about speed3 mazdasnw.com is the place. they have over 600+ whp made

Comment

IS300 SportCross? I always liked those, they looked cool in wagon form. And it won't be a huge jump from his Camry since Lexus/Toyota are basically the same, it'll be more luxurious? and its Rwd platform which should bring more excitement.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the new nxs! that sheit is sexxy!
              RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post

Agreed, but way out of the price range, and not nearly practical enough to sell my dad on anyways.

Losiracer, that IS might be just the thing. How's the build quality/feel?

Also, I take it your name is from R/C cars? I still have a few, haven't touched them in a couple years though. Need to buy new batteries and belts and such. All my cars need work lol.
                Last edited by kinguin7; 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                  that new lexus hatchback gets 40 mpg and it looks ok ,, 2012 WRX ST fucking I ,, my dream car
                  The Lexus hatchback thing is nothing more than a Corolla-based hybrid with Lexus badges... and a Lexus pricetag. I have a friend that bought one, and he thinks it's awesome. I think it looks idiotic. Lexus hybrid tC hatchback. Woo hoo!
                  Also not in the price range stated for this discussion, so it's a pointless offering, to be honest.

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                  the speed3 is a great car, a buddy of mine had one. there is plenty of aftermarket for it. and it is built strong, if you want to learn more about speed3 mazdasnw.com is the place. they have over 600+ whp made
                  Keep in mind it's for his father, not for him. A Speed3 is indeed pretty cool, but a Speed6 would probably be better suited to an older fella. It's a more mature car... which is one reason it got cut from the lineup. People wanted to see an AWD turbo STi/Evo killer, and instead, they got a car that offered more luxury and less performance than expected. In all, though... it's a very nice car. tonymontana1204 had one for a while, and I don't think I heard anything negative about it from him. He moved on to an STi, though.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  IS300 SportCross? I always liked those, they looked cool in wagon form. And it won't be a huge jump from his Camry since Lexus/Toyota are basically the same, it'll be more luxurious? and its Rwd platform which should bring more excitement.
                  The Sportcross is tough to find (and nearly impossible in manual form... if that's what's desired.) The IS is a decent car, though not as high-end as other Lexus models. It was the entry level Lexus... possibly slotted below the ES (which is really just a Camry... ) Not a bad option, for sure, but everyone I know that has owned one has been underwhelmed by the performance. It's a pretty boring car until you do some major mods... like turbo. Might not be a bad idea, though.

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X