Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
    ok so just to make sure the front rotors and brake pads are for 98-01 prelude right? the lower ball joint is for 98-01 prelude and the upper ball joint is 90-93 CB correct? the half shaft should be the OEM CB accord shaft not the prelude and the driver side axle is from a 5th gen accord and the passanger axel is the OEM CB as well as the steering rack?

if all this is correct then you should lift the car up and make sure none of your components have gotten loose especially since you replaced the steering rack usually when you replace the steering rack you put locktite on the bolts so they wont loosen up
    Yes all of that is correct. The only thing I did was put the cb axel on the driver side because it seemed as if the cd axle was too long. But the cb passenger axle was too short and kept popping out so I used the cd passenger axle but it feels as if its too long as well. Also when I turn in a parking lot or when I'm making a right turn from a complete stop, it sounds as if my axles make a single cracking sound. Not the same sound you hear when they need to get replaced. Idk if I'm making sense. Lol. Thanks for your info bro. I hope I can get this fixed. I feel that this issue is a huge setback on my car. I want to move one bu can't cause this issue is driving me insane. O and I did you loktite on my rack bolts.
    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
    James 4:7
    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Alright, I've been doing a lot of research about this, and I'm almost certain it's what I want to do.

However, a few people have said things that worry me. What I am pretty sure I will do is run the adjustable Civic UCAs with this set up. I have no issue reaming the hole, or anything like that.

People keep saying things like, they don't like how the Prelude knuckles handle, or how they feel, etc. Is this due to a change in some suspension angle other than camber? Or is this due to people not having their suspension aligned properly.

Do these knuckles have an adverse effect on caster or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Frijoles View Post
        Alright, I've been doing a lot of research about this, and I'm almost certain it's what I want to do.

However, a few people have said things that worry me. What I am pretty sure I will do is run the adjustable Civic UCAs with this set up. I have no issue reaming the hole, or anything like that.

People keep saying things like, they don't like how the Prelude knuckles handle, or how they feel, etc. Is this due to a change in some suspension angle other than camber? Or is this due to people not having their suspension aligned properly.

Do these knuckles have an adverse effect on caster or something?
        I have completed my conversion and I am currently using oem EF upper control arms (I will get the skunk2 when the oem ones I have give out). The only issue I had was when I flipped the tie rods the aftermarket ones I bought had some play when installed so I had to put a nut in between the tightening nut to keep it from wobbling around. Other than that everything went perfect and I am currently daily driving my cb with no issues. I recently gotten an alignment and had no issues with to much camber and that's with no camber kit installed . You can't even tell that I am running EF upper control arms

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          Aiyyo kids

The Prelude LCA does not work 100% with the Accord radius rods. Only one of the bolts line up.

Also, for the front, apparently the stock caliper bracket interferes with 07 Civic Si wheels???

Also u get a lot of positive camber with the Prelude knuckle AND arm.

Real talk, overall I would say the Odyssey setup is prob the better way to go, ESP if it uses the stock size balljoint and tie rod config.
          Question:
          Is this the only thing in the way from a direct bolt on prelude swap? I want to do away with my camber kit, if possible, and this looks like the best solution. Hopefully ESP would make/send me a bracket if that's the only issue.

Also, if the bb6 knuckle and LCA are used, is the 5th gen axle still needed?

If I can find these parts for cheap I'll let everyone know the details.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Question:
            Is this the only thing in the way from a direct bolt on prelude swap? I want to do away with my camber kit, if possible, and this looks like the best solution. Hopefully ESP would make/send me a bracket if that's the only issue.

Also, if the bb6 knuckle and LCA are used, is the 5th gen axle still needed?

If I can find these parts for cheap I'll let everyone know the details.
            I have this set-up, I am using the lca from the lude and the radius arms from the lude, i am not that low so with the accord uca i had a lot of positive camber, i am trying the ef 88-91 civic crx uca now this seems to have helped with the positive camber. So depending on how low you are you may want the lude ef or cb uca.
            Even with the lude lca i still found it necessary too use the cd driver side axel.
            Last edited by cb9love; 11-02-2014, 05:48 PM. Reason: typio
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Awesome post sir!

I'm looking to get a max of -2.0 degrees camber with an oem UCA whether it be the CB or EF. If I choose to use an adjustable UCA, I would like that to be the center camber angle to adjust +/- 1.5 degrees.

So I guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
              X