No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all already kwow what this is gonna turn into.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I love those things! A friend had a 2WD/manual extended cab of that generation S10 in high school that we had all sorts of fun in. He keeps an eye out for another purple one to pop up for sale. We both miss that truck. That chassis can handle modifying for any kind of performance, what are you thinking?

I wouldn't mind picking up a first-gen Colorado or H3T. Not sure what I'd want more between street performance (the Colorado: lowered, supercharged, made to tear up the twisties) or off-road (H3T); both would be fun here in CO.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        I love those things! A friend had a 2WD/manual extended cab of that generation S10 in high school that we had all sorts of fun in. He keeps an eye out for another purple one to pop up for sale. We both miss that truck. That chassis can handle modifying for any kind of performance, what are you thinking?

I wouldn't mind picking up a first-gen Colorado or H3T. Not sure what I'd want more between street performance (the Colorado: lowered, supercharged, made to tear up the twisties) or off-road (H3T); both would be fun here in CO.
        ~400HP V8 - streetable with mild manners.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Not mine but I did purchase it. Been asking for one for a long time. I enjoy sweating copper but there are times that I need the repair to take as little time as possible. When I asked I asked for the top of the line Propress and ended up getting it. It will pay for itself is less than a year. This is the most expensive set they make as far as I know at $3300 my cost and does 0.5" up to 2".

Comment

Something to build on a rainy day. Looks very similar to mine! I hadn't planed to go with this paint scheme....... but that being said....

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-05-2019, 04:02 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Speaking of yours. Anything new? Haven’t had many updates on the ridge line or Accord. I was following your blog.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                Speaking of yours. Anything new? Haven’t had many updates on the ridgeline or Accord. I was following your blog.
                The blogs get up and go, kind of got up and went after the whole photobucket shyte.

Winter is a tough one for me to get any work done on vehicles. During the winter months my garage is no longer a working garage, it's a storage garage for all the out door summer stuff.

Now that the snow is gone, I have to finish up a boosted 2004 Grand Am Then it's onto my 77 Suzuki GS400S cafe racer. In between all of that the Rideline will get a 2" drop and some esthetic stuff. The ITB's are on hold for a set of one-off throttle shafts. Project Ghost is a long term project, I want to get the body completely done before I get the engine built. I may get to that this summer, that is if I don't pull the trigger on building myself a detached garage...
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Not mine, but I'm helping fund a friend's restoration project:

It's an '02 EX sedan; F23, obviously, and manual. It's got hail damage, but he only traded a cheap shotgun for it. The debate right now is whether to stick to the important stuff and try to sell it for profit, or take it a bit further and keep it so he has a fun daily that's better on gas than his current cars. Good news is that the engine and trans (short of the clutch) feel great, so it just needs a basic high-mileage tune-up and aesthetic fixes. We've already got the interior gutted for detailing and have a long to-do list written up on the broken windshield. I'm really looking forward to this restoration/resto-mod. I've always loved this body style, and it'll be interesting to see what changed in the engineering since the CB. Wasn't there a thread recently about interesting finds in used car purchases? Yeah... meth pipe. That's why we gutted the car, for deep cleaning to make sure nothing else that could get him in trouble was hidden away.

While we were at the junkyard getting parts for the CG, I grabbed one of these F23A4 covers I'd never seen before (not my photo), since I'm beginning to collect as many unique Honda valve covers as I can find. They're all going to be painted white with sanded letters and hung up in the garage. Maybe one day I'll be able to cover an entire wall with white Honda valve covers. Although I might have to leave the box green on this one; it's kind of cool that an Accord was the first car to receive ULEV (and the following year SULEV!) status.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-08-2019, 02:18 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My wagon has a Honda muffler with lifetime warranty, except that Honda doesn't have them any more. It is rusting out along several seams, not loud yet. Talked to my local parts guy, who talked to local rep, who said, buy a muffler and Honda will reimburse me for it.

Ordered an ANSA EX muffler from RockAuto (the LX version consisted of 2 separate pipes and the muffler which all had to be clamped together - I preferred the welded assembly similar to OEM.

So this is what showed up. The 2-to-1 pipes are pinched severely then cluged into a single pipe - probably restrictive and ugly as hell. I think the OEM EX muffler has a much smoother transition. Talked to a local custom exhaust shop about cutting these off and fabricating two parallel S bends. $80 estimate; I'll see what I can get RockAuto to do about it.

20190415_181739 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

April 17, 2019: One thing leads to another. Tried to install it; the pipe hits the underside of the lower control arm - the forward end of the pipe is still 1.5 inches below meeting the end of the B pipe. RockAuto will refund about half the cost of the muffler.

April 19, 2019: Had a local shop modify it to fit and make dual exit pipes.

20190418_190226 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Custom shift boot for Ruby. Used a piece of the same material to line the console tray. Closest material match they had to the door panels without having to order a whole yard of material.

20190427_115126 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-27-2019, 03:05 PM.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Far from a unique idea, but still a cool one. While at the junkyard, a friend and I spotted a first-gen RX-7 that looked way too nice to be there. He grabbed the air cleaner lid that was in fantastic shape (like this one), which I was jealous of until I saw a rotor just sitting out there in the bay. Cleaned it up with Purple Power, leaving some 'patina' on the one side, and got a cheap 3 1/8" clock insert off eBay to stick in the center.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That's awesome! Very creative!
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Had to buy something small and fun that runs, not another project............yet!

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Does it have the V6? They used the front engine setup from the Chevy Citation (and other division clones) and mounted it in the back of the Fiero. There are times I miss my X-11.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yes sir, it is the GT V6 4speed. All original 98,000km. The Suspension and clutch components are a bit week. Going to need a little refreshing, but it's not bad for being 34 years old.

There aren't many of these cars left around here. Only ever remember seeing one X-11.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

What was the HP rating of the V6 in the Fiero? If I remember correctly from the Citation, the standard V6 was 115; the X-11 (high output?!) was 135.

Comment

Working...
                                X