No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I figured out that the little box attached to the Acura CL limit switch setup has the relays in it. I was tearing apart a CL at pap looking for relays that were similar to the CB Accord ones below. I didn’t know yet that I already had them lol.

Here is the CL relay box. It mounts up on the back of the moonroof assembly tray.

Here is the limit switch and relay all plugged in and mounted on the back of the CB tray.

The wires here are to be piggy backed into the gray CB moonroof plug in the first pic. I will build a piggy back T harness the taps the green wire to the cars under hood moonroof fuse. One of the blue wires will tap to the under dash fuse wire. The other two smaller wires go up to the switch. The second blue goes to the door on the CL for some reason.

5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Found a couple pieces I needed the other day at a pap. Finally I got an og CB gray drivers side front mat. It’s dingy but in better shape than most I’ve seen. I see more blue and red than any other color also. Gray is a bitch to find and with this mat I now have a complete og gray set. If I can’t get it clean enough I might dye all four a darker charcoal gray or black and throw them in the car.

I also got a set of 91-95 legend coupe side moldings. I had to piece together legend sedan moldings to make the longer coupe moldings on my car. Now I can whip these into shape to have the optimum look with no obvious splice line.

Now for more on the venting moonroof wiring. Since the moonroof has the relays on the back of the assembly tray. All I need is the two power wires and two switch wires to run up back to them. You will not use the stock CB moonroof relays for this but you will need to use its power from the same moonroof fuses. Since I’m going to use my stock CB moonroof switch for another slick project coming soon. I made a piggyback jumper to take the under dash and under hood fuse power. Here is the completed jumper attached to a CB moonroof relay block. This is how it will piggy back into the harness going to the CB moonroof relays.

Here it is all attached to the under dash part of the harness that will lead to the CL moonroof relays.

~Mark~

Comment

Wow man, you are industrious. Do you even have a day job? lol
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

My day job at least pays enough for me to be industrious. That I’m thankful for. There’s no end lately to the ideas I have rolling around in my head.
          Ok here’s another big hint to my next project. It’s almost done also. I should have this mod finished and fully installed hopefully by this weekend. It’s something all of us coupe owners wish for.

Stay tuned folks.

~Mark~

Comment

Nice. I remember people talk about this, but haven't actually seen it done yet. What car did you snag the motors from?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What car did you snag the motors from?
              Mercedes R350 Then they were both modified a bit to be more compact.
              Last edited by NH-503P-3; 03-13-2019, 04:21 PM.

~Mark~

Comment

thought about doing this but using the older expedition motors lol.
                COUPE K24

Comment

thought about doing this but using the older expedition motors lol.
                  The motors for the Expedition are actually pretty large. I definitely checked them. Seeing the Expeditions power vent windows in action while I was in traffic on the freeway was what gave me the idea in the first place lol. You need a pretty small compact motor. I had to cut into the cars metal just to get the r350 motors in and sitting under the rear pilar panel. They came out awesome though. I have everything working perfectly. If you could only see a video, I would post it.
                  Last edited by NH-503P-3; 04-01-2019, 11:31 AM.

~Mark~

Comment

Here is a shot of the r350 motor hidden under the panel. This one was close to being done when I took this pic. The motors were painted black also to hide them better.

The double moonroof switches are all in and work the way they should. On the left is the CL switch for control of the now venting moonroof. The right is the standard moonroof switch. In this case I’m using a CD switch button in the CB housing. The CD Accord housing is rounded across its face where the CB is flat to match where it goes into the bezel. This right side switch I am using for the power vents.

Today I finally dove my car. The venting moonroof is fantastic. The power vent side windows were working perfectly. The drive was really nice to say the least.
                    Anyways I went down to meet a guy and picked up two goodies I’ve been wanting. An OG hood bra in pretty good shape. I cleaned it up and re-did the white on the letters. I love these hood bras. The two ears sticking up while you’re driving is very cool. I’m totally stoked to finally get one.

The other goody is the rare “Accord Coupe” badge. Here it is installed.

I also got the rubber side filler pieces for my one piece headlights. Mine did not come with them when I bought the headlights. Glad I got em now. I’ll get them installed soon also. Here’s another shot of the front. This look is killer.

~Mark~

Comment

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Did you look at the M3 motors for that quarter window project, to see how they fit? When people were talking about that mod years back, I think it was the E46 that came up. Anyway, cool to see it done. You should set up a YouTube account and post up a video!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya, loving the look of this front end now and you just convinced me I need the same bra. I always had the "knock off" style that was not OEM. It was cheap and flapped around in the wind and sucked. My headlights too were missing the rubber and I had to make my own.

Comment

well thats good to know. i didnt even think about the size of them. looks good.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Did you look at the M3 motors for that quarter window project, to see how they fit? When people were talking about that mod years back, I think it was the E46 that came up. Anyway, cool to see it done. You should set up a YouTube account and post up a video!
                            The E46 have a type that comes out from the corner of the seat. If the hole in the window was down in the corner more they might have been a candidate. But nothing lines up to work or hide them also. The E36, now that’s a great setup. That’s where I got the idea to look for a flexible rotating internal rod system. That’s what the r350 Mercedes has. The unfortunate thing about the E36 vent motors is the option itself is very rare. Really only offered in European models I think. And a company that offered the E36 conversion back in the days is gone now too. Those kits are now big $$$. So that option was off the table also.

John, like I said. I love the hood bra. I couldn’t wait any longer to get It. It cost me $80 and was totally worth it. It just puts that perfect, icing on the cake, touch on the front my car. Those bras look good on any color CB also.

~Mark~

Comment

I’ve been working on moving my battery to the trunk. Here it is all set up in the battery box. I added an on/off switch and a 150amp fuse to the box.

Since the battery is heavy and set further into the trunk I decided to sink it down in the wagon trunk plastic piece. That way it is easier to remove and replace when needed.

Until I can get back from Utah. She will have to wait for the full battery move. Till then she rests in my company’s shop. Hopefully a spider doesn’t crawl into my roof lol, I left the vent open.

~Mark~

Comment

should double as a hold down also. good thinking. mine is just strapped down in the trunk.
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X