Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a ghetto diy camber kit ?

i remember seeing something not sure what tho.., it was a while back

Please don't come on here asking for ghetto methods to modify your rear suspension. It's tacky, retarded and unsafe.

If you're asking about the rear camber DIY guide then it involves stacking one washer at a time behind the flange for the rear upper control arm where it bolts to the body. You will also need Grade 10.9 bolts that are slightly longer than the bolts you're replacing. I don't care if you don't have a lot of money, don't ask for help like that on this site.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm amazed this thread exists and is not locked/deleted.

BTW, that rear camber trick is only to reduce negative camber and bring it out to stock/more positive.

Because your original question is vague, it is utterly pointless discussing any further.

Comment

You know, I figured that would be the only possible reason anyone would want a camber kit but then you reminded me of the age of stance we live in.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

On my Teg I used washers on my upper rear control arms where they bolt to the body to reduce negative camber. I used longer high grade bolts also but I don’t remember what exact grade.

It works and it’s kind of cheap. The bolts were like $12 each but it’s still safe. I wouldn’t do it without the longer bolts though.

It’s not the right way to do it but if done right it is safe.

Also keep in mind; I did this on my hatchback Integra which is quite a bit lighter than a CB.

Comment

That's the one I described. I don't really think that's ghetto, though. Assuming your upper control arm is still good. If not, replace it with an OEM Honda part and you have, arguably, the best combination.

Comment

I only added one relatively thick high grade washer per bolt. It didn’t do much but I figured it would still help not wearing out the Nitto Neo Gens I had just put on.

Comment

Ingalls rear camber kit
                Part# 38940
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac View Post
                  Ingalls rear camber kit
                  Part# 38940
                  That would be the easiest way to ensure the proper parts were used. Unless they've released a new one, I believe that kit is really just the same as the "washer trick" mentioned above... but better, since you don't have to track down the high grade bolts of the correct length, and risk getting the wrong thing!

Anyone who wants to do a "ghetto" modification to their suspension should just send their car to the crusher now... and stay in it. At least the death and destruction will be limited only to you and your car!

Comment

Working...
                  X