is it gone?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it gone?????

i have a 90 accord ex. while my dad was drivening it >>> it when on Neutral(automatic tranny) then it won't go into gear. so i checked the codes and it gave me a code 15 and a code 7. 7=to shift control selenoids 15 speed sensor. but my spedometer its working ok. i hear a noise coming from the place where the speed sensor goes in. does this mean that the SHAFT speed sensor is gone.
    so i take the shift control selenoids off the tranny and the Speed sensor clean them up then put them back on.
    second i put my car into DRIVE(yeah now it works) it takes about 20 sec for the tranny to get into gear then after i drive for 5 mintues i only have the first gear. my automatic tranny won't shift more than the 1st gear. after that if put it into (P) park then put it to drive my tranny won't go into gear. i also get an oil leak from the shift control selenoids(probably i didn't do a good instalation)
    my question is
    IS MY FUCKING TRANNY GONE????
    whoever knows about tranny please can u give me an answer about my question on base of what u read above????????????
    thanks k
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

did you clean all solonoids? i think there are 2 sets. i would not try a flush. thats too little too late.get salvage tranny and be done.---my 2 cents.good luck

Comment

it may be your tcu(trans control unit), i had the same problem and swapped it out and it fixed the problem. you can hear the solonoid clicking and it seems the tranny is going but try this, good luck...
      http://members.cardomain.com/jerizzle

Comment

i cleaned the shift control selenoids. and i get a fucking noise where the speed sensor sits. lol then i put my car into gear and brake and then push the gas pedale a little and i can feel the the gear in the tranny moves which means its gone. shit.
        let me ask u guys something
        1. is it ok if i buy a automatic tranny from a car that hasn't been moved for more than 1 year???????? the car has about 120k in it and it has been into an accident
        the place there is asking for about $300 and with 30 days worranty.
        so what do u think is it ok if i buy this tranny if it has been sitting for about 1 year.

Comment

used w/ warranty.the only thing you'll be out is time.(if doing it yourself).worth a shot be sure to drain ALL the fluid including the converter.good luck.

Comment

how do i drain the fluid from the converter?????? is it the same way as to drain the fluid off the tranny?????
            sorry i am new to automatic tranny. so bare with me please.
            i have drained the fluid of the tranny 3 times but never drained the fluid in the converter

Comment

while tranny is put onbolt converter a dump it.than add new before bolting back on.would'nt hurt to add some lucas brand transmision additive.kind of a pain but,you know what they say,"an ounce of prevention....."

Comment

yeah, that lucas tranny addative is some good stuff.

Comment

thanks guys. i just got my tranny home. i cleaned it up(very dirty) clean all its parts.
                  now i put that lucas addative when i installl the tranny and before i flush right??????
                  or do i put if after i am done with the tranny flush?????
                  got my reverse glow gaguges too.
                  yahoooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                  X