Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Acura Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Legend

Has anyone heard of this car before? theres one for sale in my neighborhood for $1800. Its a v6 and it looks kinda old.

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Legends are common, if i'm not mistaken. Just re-badged Euro or Japanese Accords. Could be wrong.

Edit: Then it must have been a different one. Either way, still a nice car.
    Last edited by Racer X; 09-16-2006, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I love Legends. So much better then V6 Accords. That one looks like a second gen. If it's in good shape, $1800 is decent
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Acura Legend...ooo i loved that car.
        My friend had a 2nd gen Legend Coupe.
        The v6 was sooo smooth and powerful.
        It was very classy and still, even today is a looker.

$1800...what year? mileage? body condition? do your research man!

...and NO. Legends were a different platform from the Accord.

They are still made today, but called Acura RL here in N.America.

Do some site searching, there are tons of threads on the Legend. Y0.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Legends rock, we have one..check the sig for JDM headlights and Honda grille!

Member's Ride

Comment

Before anyone asks... no, the Legend motor will not fit in a CB7!

They're quite common. They're the flagship car for Acura here in the US (and I would assume so for Honda in Japan as well). It is the most expensive car made by Honda (aside from the NSX) and definitely the most luxurious. The older models have some decent power, and look nice when fixed up. However, they're most commonly automatic, and the transmissions haven't really aged all that well. The V6 motor, while very reliable, is known to leak oil as well... I've known of Legends with leaks going strong for years, despite losing their fluid!

They're nice cars, but too heavy for most performance modifications. The only Legend worth modifying for performance would be the 2nd gen with the manual transmission.

There was also a turbo Legend at one point, I believe.

Comment

Hey deev do you think I could pull the C32 out of my Legend and put it in my Accord. Then throw my H22 into the legend?

Someone was showing their original sticker when they bought their Legend brand new in 95. Sale price was almost $40K!

I'm not too familiar with the Turbo Legends, but I believe they only came in the first gens, and were never available state-side.

Some of the second gens come with a 6 speed manual tranny! They are on the heavy side though. Don't know if I'd try to pick one up to heavily mod it. Another common problem they have are bad head gaskets, however if they are maintained properly they are very reliable cars just as you'd expect form Honda. I do recommend before anyone tries to purchase one that they head over to acura-legend.com and read up about the bad head gasket problems and how to detect them. A few pics of my Legend and my old CB7 are here if you wanna check 'em out---->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=legend
              Last edited by tweeaks; 09-17-2006, 12:30 PM.

Member's Ride

Comment

from looking at acura-legend.com i think it is a first gen, i think ill run up the street and take some pics of it. If it has a lip maybe the guy will sell it to me , cuz wont the legend lip fit on the CB7s?

Comment

I use to own a acura legend a long time ago. Great car and its a dream to drive but one problem is the car is still expensive to maintain plus the mods you get for this car are rare and expensive as well.

This is the link to my old legend. I still vist the site to laugh how long I have been doing mods to cars and how stupid I was for investing in that car because back then it was 18 bucks each spark plug for NGK plats.

http://www.legend.org/xtreme/index.html

Pic below is my current car with a 91 to 95 coupe Acura Legend Lip installed
                  Last edited by Abeerdrinker; 09-17-2006, 02:01 PM.
                  WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

this car has seen better days, its a 1990 with 135k miles on it. It would definately be a project car if i had room to put it somewhere. only thing i really liked about the car was the shifter knob, it was pretty cool looking, it has a lip but its not like the ones you guys have it just goes kinda flat down its wierd. ill try to upload some pics in a minute.

Comment

The second gen lips are the ones people are using. Don't know if anyone has tried the first gen lips.

Member's Ride

Comment

If i dont find a cb..i'd try to find a type II legend coupe..6 speed:-D
                        their great cars from what i've heard..but that thing guzzles.

Comment

iwanacb7 what state are u in? well see if we can find you a cb7

Comment

weird, i thought i posted in this thread. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                            X