No announcement yet.

Wrecked CB9 - Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would say to keep it n sell parts, then junk it once you cant sell parts, buy a body of another accord n swap the engine n tranz out. assuming the engine its self is still good. or just get another cb. i blew my engine n had like 100 bucks so i bought a block, dad bought the head bolts n i put the beast back together. took about a month of total work. maybe you could do something like that, i am a college kid too.
    or get as much money from it as possible n start with a new cb.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Just cut it as a loss and get another one.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Im glad your ok bro. Thats the main thing. But, an 87 year old lady hit you and her car was a 5 speed? Get outta here!
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Not gonna read every post in this thread but...

If a car means that much to you, why not fully insure it?
          Originally posted by chessboxer
          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Your 19 year old car with 400,000KM got totaled, you have no injuries, and you are suing for $25,000.

Unless you are an affluent business man (which I'm guessing you are not given your age) your time is no where near $25k. Pain and suffering? Please.

You would probably sue McDonalds if you spilled hot coffee on yourself.

Deal with the loss and move on with life.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
              I was so mad with someone turning into me, the point of saying Africa was used as a example if there was less of a government versus Canada I could get away with doing something bad versus here everything I do and say would be used against me as there were lots of other people. I have NOTHING against Africa if that's what your thinking...
              I understood that you were just using it as a lawless state. I just saw it as if there had been noone around you would have popped the 87 year old woman in the nose?

Comment

well the way i see it in the pics..is the fender wall is bent in so the frame is bent.....
                but on the other hand u have a full workin motor and tranny umong extras for parts....
                so my opinion would be to find a cb with a blown motor or tranny..not that hard to find....buy it for cheap and swap ur parts in.. all said and done junk the wagon ull problly get a few hundred for it...so u end up spending close to nun for a diff cb....
                this is what i did with mine....smashed my old cb dx..bought my cb i have now for $600 needed a motor swaped motors keep my spare tranny junked car for $200..so i actually spent 400 on my car and i didnt have to pay for extra parts as i had them already...ur choice tho

my new turbo build

Comment

I am sorry that happened to you I know how much you value your ride but if you saw them ahead of time? it was prevetable that's what my job would tell me I drive for a living and it's hard trying to stay out of accidents they turn in front of you no signal cutting off speeding blowing horn at a stop sign dude stop means stop not roll n go not slow simply Stop so frustrating you have to be defensive like it or not you have to be the one to make it right no matter how much it kills you better to be safe than sorry safety always first Billy
                  Destiny Struggles To Reassert The Pattern That Was Meant To Be. Also Some Of These Members Are Wise Guys With There Wise Guy Answers . Also only inexperienced drivers put donuts in front . You can follow me but it's going to hurt!

Comment

yeah man, i'd say let go of it. I know if this would've happened to me, I would probably buy another car...its not worth it, $$$ wise to do all that work and invest all that time where there are LOTs of CB7s on the market today.

Like take this white 91 CB Coupe I bought. I got it for 300 with a blown headgasket the guy said. Put 600 or so in parts, and labor for the machine shop and fixed a few safety things like the bumper/door/lower balljoints/UCAs and its just about done, will be in the winter time since I'm off school for a month, ready for DD use. And this one only has 180k not 400k like yours.

Paint/Body work can add up REALLY quickly and it not only isn't cheap, but it takes time to do it right. Most logical route would be to get another donor car and swap all your known good parts to that and junk the wagon. It looks too far gone and your wagon may be worth little to nothing with 400k AND a salvage title now

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I would have told that lady to take out those teeth and get to sucking. j/k only if she was 88 so she lucked out

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                        I was so mad with someone turning into me, the point of saying Africa was used as a example if there was less of a government versus Canada I could get away with doing something bad versus here everything I do and say would be used against me as there were lots of other people. I have NOTHING against Africa if that's what your thinking...
                        he wasn't talking about you having anything against Africa. He was simply referring to what you said. "I would of done something so disgustingly mind-blowingly terrible to her I will not even say it." What the fuck is that supposed to mean? She's 87. So what disgustingly mind-blowing terrible thing would you done huh? Rape her? Beat the shit out of her? Kill her? You're fucking disgusting me. Let's see if you'll even live 87 years. How can you even say things like that? IT'S just a fucking car. Not Ferrari, Porshe or Lamborgini. Its a 1991 Accord. Get over it kiddo

Comment

You seriously think your gonna get 25 grand out of this accident?

Let me give you a little insight before you get your hopes up....I have a buddy who was involved in an accident a few years ago....He was the passenger in a car that flipped over while trying to merge on the 401....He suffered a punctured lung, broken pelvis and a major concussion...among other minor injuries.

The check he recieved was 25000....So considering the lady was not deemed at fault and its a 20 year old car with really miniscule damage (in the grand scheme of things) dont expect much, if anything....Emotional attachment wont get you shit all.

You remind me of a family friend....Shes been in more accidents than I can even pretend to remember....and every single one she has sued....Shit like this shouldnt be sued over....You walked away unscathed....Just move on.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

cut your losses and part her out, get your self a new one.

Comment

she did not create a traffic violation.
                              she did however have bad judgement.

in CA you would get the ticket for speeding.
                              so good luck, try earning your money like the rest of the world!

as stated she is not paying directly, but if you sue her insurance company
                              for this accident, then most likley her premium will go up. So yes you are taking money from her.

x2 on if the car means so much get full insurance!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                                she did not create a traffic violation.
                                she did however have bad judgement.

in CA you would get the ticket for speeding.
                                so good luck, try earning your money like the rest of the world!

as stated she is not paying directly, but if you sue her insurance company
                                for this accident, then most likley her premium will go up. So yes you are taking money from her.

x2 on if the car means so much get full insurance!

lol beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                                X