No announcement yet.

AhYesCB7 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent about a full day in total installing the cheapo exhaust. Had to pack it up around midnight the first try because a cheap chinese cast stud wasnt starting properly. Second day went better with new hardware. The fitment could be better but for the price you cant beat it, the car doesn't stink like exhaust.

Believe it or not its a bit louder and more fatigue inducing than the straight pipe dumping near the rear wheel! I think the bigger piping and odd muffler that resonates like mad has done more harm than good lol.

I ordered a walker stock SE twin outlet muffler and I'm gonna cut that crap buzz can off! I think the third time will be the charm, this stock muffler looks beefy. I don't mind the raspyness but the volume is way too intense, the ebay muffler is just a can with what looks like a woven flex pipe inside, it MAKES noise not muffles it.

Also as of yesterday my strut assemblies are together. I ordered new top hats, stops, boots, and bushings and threw them together with a rented spring compressor. TIEN H.tech springs, KYB Excel-G shocks, with KYB/MOOG assortment of other involved parts. Didn't need a compressor on the rear assemblies lol, just press down on them while standing, fronts were a bit of a bitch.

I have a big stack of boxes for my Honda, I decided to spend a little more for the luxury of not spending hours torching and pressing bushings, decided that polyurethane isnt what I'm going for with this car, and that quality rubber is the way to go. This is an SE model and I just drive about, not racing it in any way, I think poly would take away from what this one is supposed to be, a luxury trim Accord.

I've got damn near everything you can replace underneath a CB7, 9/10ths of it is MOOG the rest is Beck Arnley and two trailing arms from Mevotech.

The car should ride like a cloud man, at least compared to its current state that is. Hoping to sort out the caliper confusion soon.

Comment

I have that same Walker muffler, it was nice and cheap too. It's definitely quieter than the ebay straight through I thought I'd try and get by on.
      My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
      Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
      Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

So the suspension overhaul is about done I'd say. Saturday I tackled the rear of the car, took about 12 hours because of a stubborn wheel bearing race but all in all I installed new end links, wheel bearings, trailing arms, upper control arms, rearward lower control arms and strut assemblies.

Today I worked on the front, and only spent about 7 hours total. I replaced the end links, strut assemblies, knuckles, wheel bearings, lower ball joints, and driver lower control arm. Brakes as well.

I had previously gotten a set of 2.3CL full knuckles and pressed some new ball joints and bearings on them earlier this past week. I also got a set of 3.0CL calipers and brackets that I installed to beef up those brakes.

After tonights initial test drive I'm very impressed and pleased, very much so with the bigger brakes. The car starts to grab a lot quicker than the stock brakes did with new parts. Still think I need to bleed it again to get the pedal a bit more firm but its definitely much better.

The springs are TIEN H.Techs and the shocks are KYB Excel Gs, the ride is so much better than before, it soaks up the bumps like it should now. The front end links were completely gone so that helped too. The ride is a bit bouncy it seems but my friend says it'll settle in a bit and soften up as well as get a little bit lower. The rear sits a bit higher than I thought it would but seeing as it should settle a slight bit it'll end up looking great. Front sits nice and low, gotta set it on level ground and take a close look.

I'm pleased with it, its nice and firm but comfortable, gotta get that muffler on there asap to really make it enjoyable again.

Comment

A bit has happened since I've last posted and update.

Something strange happened with the brakes which had the car parked for almost three weeks. I was getting ready to leave work and the brake pedal was a bit soft, I drove it home carefully and parked it and checked it out and found that the master cylinder was almost dry, but there were no visible leaks. I guessed that the MC may have failed and ordered a new one, but after installation I still had no pedal to speak of. I decided to remove all of the ABS at that point and run a hard line and prop valve to simplify the problem.

After installation of those bits I was rewarded with a very stiff pedal and no pressure building at the calipers. Like a fool I somehow forgot how the lines entered the prop valve. With that fixed I finally had brakes again, still think they need to be bled again though.

I found a trunk compartment from a wagon with mint carpet and the OEM rubber mat in the junkyard for cheap too, even got the grocery net to go with it. Super happy with that, in the process of fitting it.

I've laid down a bit of sound deadening so far. The floorpan, rear seat, and trunk area is covered pretty extensively, along with the rear parcel shelf and the whole back of the rear seat. The rear seat bottom cushion had its empty spaces filled with "jute" and covered with a thin layer of foam to hold it in. Still have more to do in the doors and I'll call it done. Even with a straight pipe and a fart can the car is a lot more tolerable inside now.

Still have to find some time to fit the stock muffler on!

I put heat in the back seats, still contemplating the spot for the switches.

Kinda going for an "SE Touring" sort of theme. Leather, moonroof, all seats heated, super dampened interior space. Long comfortable trip on the highway kind of car.

Comment

What kind of sound deadener did you use? When I look at what's out there it gets complicated real quick. Like just to do my doors I see recommendations for like 3 different layers of stuff.
            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Depends on your goals.

Want to improve the sound of your speakers and that's all? Remove the front door panels and rear parcel shelf and treat the areas with some regular old sound deadening material (the black rubber and foil stuff). You'll have removed a bit of buzz from the critical areas and improved your bass quite a bit.

You can stop there if your 95 percent of people.

The other products are things like CCF and MLV, you're stepping into sound quality, audiophile, obsessive compulsive installs. You're not so much improving the speakers sound with these products, rather you're improving upon the build quality of the car by blocking out as much outside noise as possible and isolating the cabin.

You're essentially trying to turn a CB Accord into a Rolls Royce as far as interior noise is concerned.

Don't spend a lot of money on this crap. I bought 50 square feet of 50mil (kinda thin) rubber/foil deadener on the web for 60 bucks. Hype brands will cost you twice that for 36sq/ft haha.

I could go on but I'll stop here lol

Comment

Just finished welding on the stock muffler to the ebay pipe, what an amazing difference thankfully! The car is now smooth and quiet, bit raspy here and there but nothing crazy at all. Still have to give it a highway drive but I'll do that later this morning.

Exhaust is as follows;

Ebay 4-2-1 header
                2.25" piping
                No cat, no real resonator
                Walker OEM spec twin outlet muffler

Car even seems to shift a bit smoother too.

Comment

For sale, pm me

Comment

Working...
                  X