X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      That's why I am eyeing a 10th gen 2.0T sport.

Haven't heard anything bad about them yet, though they have only been on the road for a bit.

I got my current EX over a sport because the 9th gen sport was a weird hodge podge of features, and did not include a sunroof which I prefer, and no PTS.

The 10th gen Sport is based on the EX, and is appropriately loaded. Except for the Touring, which has a shit load more features, its not missing anything that I would lose sleep over, has a good platform to mod, and the interior is just amazing.

I don't love the rear end, but it looks way better in person than in pictures.

I have not driven one yet, but I am sure id like it.

My only issue is that I was really wanting a 6spd, but my wife needs access to the car when I need to haul kids around, and so ill probably just go with the 10AT which is a bit faster anyway.
      Honestly, I would take the 10AT. It's faster AND easier to drive. Very well calibrated powertrain actually.

Hondata is close to 400 lb-ft plus out of theirs on E85. So far, the tranny hasn't blown up.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
        Hondata and VitViper are doing amazing things with the L15. There's no doubt that it's a really stout engine.

Bolt-on (+ aux fuel + slicks) Si is already running 12s at over 110mph which is amazing.

I still remember the days when a very powerful DSM would struggle to break mid-13s @ 108mph and the acceleration was borderline violent

The problem is that it is competing against cars with bigger engines that are equally capable. It brought a Fit engine to a 2 liter gun fight.

Comment

When did you trade up from the Si to an AV6? What year did you end up going with?
          I traded the Si about a year and half ago. Got a CPO 2013 that just happened to be sitting on the lot when I was getting my passenger airbag replaced. They made me a good deal, so I took it. Sadly, I can now say that I owned Honda's last high revving NA car and their last V6 manual...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              Honestly, I would take the 10AT. It's faster AND easier to drive. Very well calibrated powertrain actually.

Hondata is close to 400 lb-ft plus out of theirs on E85. So far, the tranny hasn't blown up.
              Yea, if I go with a 10th gen, ill probably pick up the 10AT.

I never actually owned a manual, but I used to borrow my roomates truck all the time, and I always wanted to have one because the driving experience and connection was immediate.

A lot of people think the shift-by-wire is stupid, but I think if you are not going to have a manual, then id rather push a button to park, drive, neutral anyway as it has a cool factor too it and its a bit classy, like the high end german cars have had, even Lexus etc. Maybe even higher trim Hyundai's ?

Anyway- Everytime I look at pictures of the interior or see videos, I find something new I love, like the speedo being a traditional analog but having a digital tach that can be changed to show other information.

Its the little things that I have always loved, and from what I have heard, they got it mostly right with this car.

As far as exterior, sometimes I look at it and im like ...damn why couldn't it be a sportier version of the 9th gen.

Other times I look at it and im like, man if you debadge it, its a fucking Audi A4. Yea I want Honda to look like Honda, but honestly I passed one the other day, in the same light grey as EVERY Audi I see, and Im like damn, it looks like an Audi with Honda accents. I can dig it. Audi's have always looked great, so if you're going to model after anyone, I can't complain.

I think the 9th gen crowd is mad because now you can't really put Lexus taillights on the car LMAO. Since that seems to be the cool thing to do.

Comment

Personally I want to see what happens with the ILX. The Civic with its details cleaned up and the 2.0T + 10AT sounds really good. I like what Acura did with the RDX. An ILX SH-AWD + RDX would make for a nice stable for the glory household.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  Personally I want to see what happens with the ILX. The Civic with its details cleaned up and the 2.0T + 10AT sounds really good. I like what Acura did with the RDX. An ILX SH-AWD + RDX would make for a nice stable for the glory household.
                  Agreed. Acura needs to define their brand better than they have been recently and develop a foundational value proposition that consumers can instantly identify with.

They pushed this idea of technology and precision, but were neither technologically advanced nor precise.

As it stands, aside from the availability of SH-AWD, the Honda products offer better value and in some cases, more options.

I don't know who the hell was steering the ship at Acura these last few years, but they didn't do the brand any favors.
                  14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Agreed. Acura needs to define their brand better than they have been recently and develop a foundational value proposition that consumers can instantly identify with.

They pushed this idea of technology and precision, but were neither technologically advanced nor precise.

As it stands, aside from the availability of SH-AWD, the Honda products offer better value and in some cases, more options.

I don't know who the hell was steering the ship at Acura these last few years, but they didn't do the brand any favors.
                    Honda, and as a result Acura, had increasingly incompetent management starting in the mid-1980's. There was actually book written about it, but most people don't know that starting after Fujisawa's retirement there was a major power struggle between the bean counters and the engineers. The bean counters eventually won to the degree that they were pumping out GM level shit like the Crosstour, Gen II Insight, Element, RLX, TLX, ILX, ZDX, etc. They finally had so many misfires in a short amount of time people started looking around and saying "WTF is going here?" At that point, the engineers started to regain ground because it became obvious that someone somewhere had fucked up. The horrendously shitty 2012 Civic seemed to have been the final nail in the coffin because there was an article published stating that the engineers were sent back to the drawing board in order to save $150 per car, even though the engineer's original vision was an all new platform with much more premium materials. Then it totally blew up and the 2013 was the stop gap to fill the hole until they could get an all new chassis out (the current Civic). It also gave them leverage to improve the Accord for the 9th gen and subsequently the 10th gen. The Pilot, Odyssey, Ridgeline, CR-V etc all got exponentially better as a result of these changes as well.

Honda basically hit the "reset" button and that is what has allowed us to get these much more Honda oriented products (as opposed to garbage that would have made pre-bankruptcy GM proud).

My only hope is that this carries over to Acura, though the preliminaries on the RDX look OK so far.

I also think that Honda needs to fire Dave Merek without any question, doubt or hesitation. Anything he has ever touched has been an unmitigated styling disaster. 2nd gen Pilot, ASCC concept, 2009 TL, etc.

Comment

I’m one of the weirdos that actually liked the crosstour, zdx, element (the early ones with black trim especially) and 09 TL.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I’m one of the weirdos that actually liked the crosstour, zdx, element (the early ones with black trim especially) and 09 TL.
                        The 09 TL would have probably been a breakthrough product for Acura had it not been so ugly. I don't even think it was the styling as much as the proportions.

The 6MT AWD model was an absolutely incredible car. I really WANTED to like them, but the styling was just so ridiculous.

Comment

Everyone hated the ZDX, but in hindsight Acura was ahead of the game. IT was just the execution. The X6 came out the same year and has been a smash.

I think a new ZDX could be Acura's new flagship. The RLX is irrelevant old man shit. For better or worse crossovers are the new status symbol. They are very easy to live with too. But they absolutely have to size them for Americans. I think the MDX/ZDX could be a Japanese answer to the GLE/GLE Coupe and X5/X6.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I like the ZDX, rather, I like the potential it has to be a really good looking vehicle. I feel they should revisit that platform, but this time make it into a 4-door hatchback. They could have a Kia Stinger competitor. SH-AWD, 3.0t, 6 speed

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The market will pull them in another way. I actually said elsewhere the Stinger should have been a crossover. It doesn't weigh much less than a crossover with similar engines, and it's pretty cramped. I love my G but there's definitely a place for crossovers, especially some that are affordable and fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X