No announcement yet.

EXT : CV Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Look over page 1, I have it all there.

The only real criticism I have gotten on my methods is the use of a pickle fork to remove the ball joint. There is a specialty tool that is a safer alternative to the fork method.

I would say that if you can find some OEM axles, with warranty, go for those. But for those of us who use Napa, Discount, ect... the new axles they carry (with warranty) are the better option than the re-mans.

You can return the either if they are defective, but you stand a better chance of not having defective axles if you buy them new. Less labor, more driving= win.
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

What do you guys think of the NEW axles with brand:

Cadone Select
      Master Pro Select
      GCK Industrial
      Fidanza

These are found at Kragen. Which one is better? I think the Cadone and the Master Pro Select with the new ones being just $10 more than the Remans.

What do you think a skinny guy like me at 135lbs and 5ft 10" could get that big 36mm axle nut off with no air tools?
      Will the electric impact wrench works? How much torque do you really need to get that big nut off and on?

Thanks.

Comment

Give me a lever long enough ... and I shall move the world.
        Archimedes for "use a cheater bar."

As for axles, I haven't heard of GCK, Cardone is a standard OEM replacement, and Fidanza has a reputable aftermarket name. Master Pro Select just sounds cheesy.

Go with what you can afford. If you can afford all of them, check Honda. I personally just got the cheapest one Kragen offered.

Comment

I know this an old thread but I have just a couple questions.

After I put the axle nut back on a couple threads to beat the hub loose, am I striking the nut or the hub ?

How do you break the c/v loose from tranny ?

Does my 92 LX need the ABS ring that came with my Cardone Select axles ?
          Last edited by A Zombies Minge; 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
          WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by A Zombies Minge View Post
            I know this an old thread but I have just a couple questions.

After I put the axle nut back on a couple threads to beat the hub loose, am I striking the nut or the hub ?

How do you break the c/v loose from tranny ?

Does my 92 LX need the ABS ring that came with my Cardone Select axles ?
            1. you hit the nut
            2. use muscle and pull it, my was stuck really good.
            can't answer the 3rd sorry.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
            JANE 99 Infiniti i30
            2-9-11 - current
            "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Thanks for the help. I think I got the muscle being 6'1" 230 and a steel worker. They were also out only about 6 months ago when we did inner and outer rods, ball joints, upper control arms, hubs, rotors, links and calipers so hopefully not to stuck.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
              WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

ohh i see
                if it doesn't want to come out use a prybar (or in my case a flat screwdriver) and pry it off from the intermediate shaft(left side) if you are doing the right side put the prybar in between the end of the axle and where the transmission starts.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                2-9-11 - current
                "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Bump, to view it quicker.
                  2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                  2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                  CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                  GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I just did mine, effin boot split and gooed shit everywhere. Anyways Lady G your DiY was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo much simpler then what the damn Haynes says to do, it has me take out the entire front end, just for the axle... life saver lol
                    Originally posted by scudweiser
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
                        HAHAHAHA priceless
                        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Not sure if anyone said this: Be careful if you pry the axle out of the trans. There's a seal back there that'll cause you some trouble. Also, make sure you get the axle back in all the way. I compressed the axle and hit the end with a hammer.
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                            Not sure if anyone said this: Be careful if you pry the axle out of the trans. There's a seal back there that'll cause you some trouble. Also, make sure you get the axle back in all the way. I compressed the axle and hit the end with a hammer.
                            i tried to pop it in all the way but it wouldn't go in further, i didnt want to hit it with anything cus i was afraid of furthering my tranny damage lol

Comment

Thank you for this. Saved my ass today

Comment

Thank you again! Ill be doing this for the second day in a row because my brand new axel just snapped

Comment

Working...
                                X