No announcement yet.

EXT : CV Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know if the tasauto axles are any good?

Comment

I have never heard of tasauto.

But when it comes to premium axles there is something you should keep in mind.
      How do you drive?
      I am an aggressive corner-er, I hate to brake, I downshift to slow down into a corner. I will not spend more than necessary for axles, because I expect to change them yearly.

There are better things to buy with that money than CV axles.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
        huh?
        you'r easier way to remove ball joints is what has been getting discussed here lol

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
        I have never heard of tasauto.
        really? even with the huge banner on top of the forum lol

i don't know about TAS' axles, i bought mine brand new from kragen/o'rilley for $70 a pop
        Originally posted by scudweiser
        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

LOL, I guess I just never noticed it!

Yeah, 70 is about average. (after core refund)
          I just wouldn't spend 100+ for an axle... But to be fair, I have never priced axles outside of a parts store environment.

Comment

Lol I'm not an aggresive driver but do hav my moments, they have them for 70$ new each side no core refund, its just been clickin/shutterin when I turn left or hit a bump n I feel it on my steering wheel or even when I brake hard. So I wanna get both axles n plan to use this

Comment

LOL, I guess I just never noticed it!

Yeah, 70 is about average. (after core refund)
              I just wouldn't spend 100+ for an axle... But to be fair, I have never priced axles outside of a parts store environment.
              kragen doesn't have a core charge for the new ones, only for the reman's
              i re-built my old ones and sold em on craigslist lol
              Originally posted by scudweiser
              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I emailed tasauto, they said ther axles are made by "A1 Cardone" O_o

Comment

bump for usability.

Comment

I've been seeing a lot of bad CV axle threads! Bump for viewing!

Comment

Bump to ensure Noobs can Yoose.

Comment

i have lifetime warranty on mine from autozone
                        1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                        2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

2 month bump. lol

Comment

2 month bump. lol
                            Getting ready to attempt this tomorrow into the weekend.

Axle has movement in it while i was looking for loose/damaged components.

55 a piece for both axles. Since the passenger side isn't loose at all i figured the driver side was bad. Also when i turn i hear a clunk from both passenger and driver side.

This diy is awesome compared to the haynes.... Hopefully everything goes ok.

They are made from EMPI? Brand new. Not Remans.
                            Last edited by dhill_cb7; 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Nice diy.......I did mine not long ago with my friend. Everything came out ok but after that I noticed that my steering wheel would shake when going between 50-70 mph specially on the freeway it shakes too much, so I check under the car and both axles aren't all the way in on the tranny or wherever it goes by like 1/8 and I hammered it all I could to put them in, what can I do to fix that problem

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                              My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                                so I check under the car and both axles aren't all the way in on the tranny or wherever it goes by like 1/8 and I hammered it all I could to put them in, what can I do to fix that problem
                                Thank you! I am so glad this has been helpful to others.

Just a thought, but is it possible you could have put them on the wrong sides?
                                Each side is different, and if both axles are not flush in their places it is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X