Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Gummiegorillas Do it Nice or Do it Twice A/C Retrofit !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for replying man, I just removed it today.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Gummiegorilla View Post
      It has been banned from production , and even if you can find it it'll run ya about 40$ a pound and you need a license to carry it , plus if theres a leak in your system say goodbye to all that R12
      You only need a lisence to buy it not carry it, at least im pretty sure. Anywho your not going to be holding onto it, just putting it into your car. You are right about it leaking though so chances are the convert would be the longest lasting idea

Im just glad my r12 system hasent had any problems ever in its life.

Comment

removed ac condenser behind console/behind dash
        i highly recommend doin this if you remove AC
        on a difficulty level: 3
        but like gorilla said strap the box back up just remove the AC guts
        its about 20 lbs gone
        -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
          removed ac condenser behind console/behind dash
          Thats the evaperator the condensor is in front of the radiator, good to take out to if you're doin the A/C delete thats probly like another 7-8 pounds
          Last edited by Gummiegorilla; 05-20-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

More praise for a great DIY and bookmarked for future use.
            90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Great DIY! Though, rather than using PAG oil on the o-rings, I would definitely recommend using Nylog. It won't attract dirt/moisture like PAG does, and it will help seal and prevent corrosion at the fitting.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

very very thorough DIY. i love it and you did an awesome job.

i do have 1 recommendation tho. while you have the blower motor apart and everything, replace the expansion valve. if you have never personally replaced it before then it has most likely never been changed in the cb7's lifetime. i know for my 90 prelude it was a 70$ part at honda.
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

You're my hero. This writeup is long over-due.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                    very very thorough DIY. i love it and you did an awesome job.
                    Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                    You're my hero. This writeup is long over-due.
                    Thanks for the love everyone next DIY is gonna be changing front axles and clutch throw out bearing

Peace,
                    Gummiegorilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummiegorilla View Post
                      Thanks for the love everyone next DIY is gonna be changing front axles and clutch throw out bearing

Peace,
                      Gummiegorilla.
                      yeah im gonna need that one lol

Ride List
                      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                        yeah im gonna need that one lol
                        Almost in the works hehehe

Comment

update: i began to inspect my cb in preparation for this DIY and actually found the issue as to where my freon was leaking.

i fixed my system which still blows cold 3 months down the line for 5$ part and a can of freon ( i already had one in the garage ) so i spent 30$ and little less than 30 minutes including the drive to and from fixing my system by just careful inspection.

not to take anything away from this awesome DIY but just goes to show that you can find the cause of your problems and solve it without great expense or time invested.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                            not to take anything away from this awesome DIY but just goes to show that you can find the cause of your problems and solve it without great expense or time invested.
                            No worries the whole point of this DIY was to help people stay cool. Im glad you found your leak and fixed it. So did yoiu stick with the R12, or did you change it over to R134a ?

Peace,
                            gummiegorilla.

Comment

So is the R134a just cheaper to use, or is it actually "better" somehow?

Comment

R134a is more efficient, and also more environmentally friendly
                                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                                X