Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Gummiegorillas Do it Nice or Do it Twice A/C Retrofit !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gummiegorilla View Post
    No worries the whole point of this DIY was to help people stay cool. Im glad you found your leak and fixed it. So did yoiu stick with the R12, or did you change it over to R134a ?

Peace,
    gummiegorilla.
    im sure my system was r134a converted long b4 i got it. i had someone do my a/c system when i bought the car back when i was 16, so he took care of it. r12 is pretty much impossible to find nowdays haha
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Awesome diy
      Thanks

Comment

I have a felling this DIY is gonna get real popular this spring and summer lol

Comment

Hmmmmm.... for some weird reason my thread keeps disapearing every couple months maybe if i bump it, it'll go back up. Also Deev lemmie know if i shouldnt be posting to put the thread back up. Im not trying to post whore my own thread or anything

Comment

Do you still have the PN# for that o-ring kit, everytime I ask someone at the counter, they break out a o-ring tray and tell me to pick out what I need or they offer to sell the whole thing.... Have you tried just shooting r134a into a r12 system?

Line wrenches help out a lot for a/c lines. Now that you've got the gauges and vacuum grab up a scale, buy a keg of r134a and make some of that money back

Comment

holy shit.
              So much work!

Well done

Comment

Originally posted by tru2037 View Post
                Do you still have the PN# for that o-ring kit, everytime I ask someone at the counter, they break out a o-ring tray and tell me to pick out what I need or they offer to sell the whole thing.... Have you tried just shooting r134a into a r12 system?

Line wrenches help out a lot for a/c lines. Now that you've got the gauges and vacuum grab up a scale, buy a keg of r134a and make some of that money back
                Heres the link to the part number from Autozone.
                http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...71_0_9287_2398

Also if you you mix r12 with r134a they will create something called "The Black Death" and it basically will clog every component of the system after a while which will end up leading to compressor failure, seal leaks, etc. Hope this helps

Peace,
                Gummiegorilla.

Comment

what a coincidence you bump this thread the day i begin removing my engine and A/C to redo it following this DIY. Thank you for saving me searching time lol

by the way, why did you remove the condenser from the car?
                  Last edited by Tippey764; 04-14-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

i was forced to rep you sir, very well done, this is how you do do a write up, leaves you with no questions

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      by the way, why did you remove the condenser from the car?
                      The reason that I removed the condensor was because its easier to move the A/C flush through it when you shake it like an Etch-A-Sketch :P also while its off you kinda have to work that stuff out of it good (flipping it upside down and such) and make sure you get out all that left over ester oil and A/C Flush when you blow it out with the compressed air. Hope this helps.

Peace,
                      Gummiegorilla.
                      Last edited by Gummiegorilla; 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Pre-summer time bump

Comment

Doing this right now on my accord

Do they not sell the large seals inside the compressor ends?

Comment

nice DIY write up

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              Doing this right now on my accord

Do they not sell the large seals inside the compressor ends?
                              The big rubber ones, I tried searching for those and I even went to the dealer and spoke to three different techs and was told that the compressor itself was discontinued and so were all parts. So i think no one makes a green seal for the front and back of the compressor because I really don't think that the compressor is something people usually take apart, most just usually replace the whole unit. If you find something please let me know and post it up hope this helps .

Peace,
                              Gummiegorilla.

Comment

Holy shit man best DIY I have seen in a long time, great job

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X