No announcement yet.

EXT: Leaky Trunk Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine leaks BAD i have water standing under the spare...i think it might be my tail light housing tho it has a big gap what do i do about that?
    Fat people slow me down....

Comment

hopefully the gap wasn't caused by an accident or hit of some sort. usually we all replace the gaskets that line the taillights to the body. here is what they look like.

after you replace this and you are still leaking, then it could be the trim mention at post #1 or the rear windshield seal. good luck. also try to find a drain plug at the bottom of the spare tire well and unplug it. i don't know if it exists but you never know until you look.
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

timmy0tool, how'd you get the trim off without breaking the clips? i always break them, and thats why there is no trim around my windows right now. need a lil help.

thanks.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
          timmy0tool, how'd you get the trim off without breaking the clips? i always break them, and thats why there is no trim around my windows right now. need a lil help.

thanks.
          i just followed what the page said. it said to use a flathead screwdriver and wrap it with a towel to avoid gouging and scratches. try to pry where the clips are at so they are less likely to sheer off and snap. it just popped out.

like i said, there are two types of clips used to hold the trim down. in one type, the female side stays buried in the window sealant and the male comes out with the trim. the other type comes out as a whole with the trim as well.

i guess the difficulty varies between cars as well as cars in different locations that are exposed to different weather conditions. i hope you can have your problem solved soon.
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thanks.. can you tell me the page that chrome trim removal is on?
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Ok so i got the leaky trunk syndrom too... but i also got the leaky passanger side cockpit. so... is it posible that the water from the trunk can migrate to the cockpit? if not... where might the water becoming from... i drilled out the plastic plug in the back seat floor so it can drain as i had about a inch of water above the carpet.

Any help would be amazing!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...866#post534866

PM me anytime im still tryna' sell these gaskets...brand new OEM still wrapped from honda

Comment

This is awesome. I just noticed some leakage the other day when it rained. Thanks to this, I have a remedy for it.
                  RIP:
                  1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                  1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                  Currently daily:
                  1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

Good write up and great find!! I too suffer from swamp trunk Next time its warm here and i have a day off, I'm checking this stuf out. Thanx

Rich T. (RTBMXNY5)
                    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Jack Daniels in one hand-chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up-totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO!, What a Ride!

Comment

Nice! Yeah once I get some time I'm gonna go through and probably investigate all of these.

Comment

np! the rainy season is here so i'm sure many will need this soon.
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Mine used to leave but was because of the tail lights.
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                            Mine used to leave but was because of the tail lights.
                            mine only leak when or right after it rains, and when i open the trunk it leaks from the hole where the tail light is. how did you fix yours?
                            -Xavier

Comment

I've given up trying to find my leaks. I have 2 right now. They're not bad, but it's just more annoying than not.

Comment

Tail lights? or Trim? Which one?

If it's just the tail lights, can the water migrate into the cabin?

My moisture was on the roof of the trunklid, all over the trunk carpet, in the sparetire well, and also somehow migrated to the space under the rear passenger bench (which mildewed, molded, festered, and became DISGUSTING).

My thoughts are that a mere tail light leak couldn't cause all that, especially the area under the passenger bench seat.

Did you have moisture under your passenger bench? If so, that would make more sense, since the rear window trim is kinda above the rear seat area.

I wanna know so I can pinpoint mine to the trim being the cause, versus the tail lights.
                                My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Working...
                                X