No announcement yet.

EXT: Rim Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get it perfect it might need 3 coats maybe 4. To clean it off I wipe the first batch of gunk with paper towels so it's 80% clean. This stuff is water base, so I take a bucket of warm water with a sponge and/or wash cloth and I use an old toothbrush for the nooks and crannies.
    Last edited by typhoon; 06-19-2007, 10:17 AM.
    My CB7 post on my blog
    My CB7 thread

Comment

Heres my pics of my wheel with paint remover from advance auto parts

FINISHED product
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
        Heres my pics of my wheel with paint remover from advance auto parts

FINISHED product
        shit looks brand new! damn!

Comment

^^^^^^ thanks man. i need to get on the wagon and finish them up. but its a fun project. i used dupli color metallic for the insides and dupli color or trim paint for the wheels, the reason y i used that kind of paint is cuz i didnt want a flat blk look, and i didnt want a SHINY ass blk look. so the trim is even!

Comment

Originally posted by typhoon
            To get it perfect it might need 3 coats maybe 4. To clean it off I wipe the first batch of gunk with paper towels so it's 80% clean. This stuff is water base, so I take a bucket of warm water with a sponge and/or wash cloth and I use an old toothbrush for the nooks and crannies.
            so wat did u so jus sand them all the way down to the metal and clear coated them?

Comment

today i got some turtle wax chrome polish, would that be a good alternative to the mother's mag and aluminum cleaner ?
              plus im gonna use these to polish up my exhaust tips as well, and possibly trim.
              shouldnt do any harm right ?
              Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

????/

Comment

yes, it would work. it is a slightly different grain, but i cant remember if it is more or less aggressive than mothers.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    yes, it would work. it is a slightly different grain, but i cant remember if it is more or less aggressive than mothers.
                    yeah its liquid, while mothers is paste...i dont want to ruin my rim, thats why im asking.

Comment

steel wool

Would using steel wool carefully help to get the really tough spots out? I got a few bad pots I want to get out and I'm not sure if polish will do it.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

light steel wool then a fine scotch bright pad, then 1000 grit sandpaper, then 1500-2000 grit, then polish, polish, polish.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord07
                          today i got some turtle wax chrome polish, would that be a good alternative to the mother's mag and aluminum cleaner ?
                          plastic polish is a good alternative. it works on the wheels because the clear coat is a plasticized urethane. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

What would i do to take out spots like these? do i just keep on polishing untill they go away, or am i supposed to use something else?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

okay so i just got some new wheels, RO_JA formula 7s, and what is it that you need to do to keep them in tip top shape? They're painted gunmetal with a clearcoat. Do i just wash them with dish detergent and water? or can i use that eagle 1 A2Z stuff? and as for waxing them...what's a good product to keep that shine and to protect it from the elements?

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                                okay so i just got some new wheels, RO_JA formula 7s, and what is it that you need to do to keep them in tip top shape? They're painted gunmetal with a clearcoat. Do i just wash them with dish detergent and water? or can i use that eagle 1 A2Z stuff? and as for waxing them...what's a good product to keep that shine and to protect it from the elements?
                                Why not go out and buy a dedicated wheel cleaner and wheel wax/sealant?

Comment

Working...
                                X