No announcement yet.

EXT: Accord grill hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on, thanks man. Ya....I am definitely not mechanically challenged. I will create another DIY of the lip install, I want to get my hands on a better camera though.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

This thread is pointless, I vote for a *LOCK*. Any seconds? I don't care to see pointless crap recirculating in a DIY forum, not when others make an effort to be constructive and are then overshadowed with this crap

Comment

F22 guru is definatly over-doing it, however,

MAroon: Contributing is great, BUT, like you said in f22's post about useless stuff... you are by far not the first person to do this and it's well known. There are soooooooo many things on this board (useful!) that are resaid and resaid. As everybody on here who's been here a little while will say, use the SEARCH button up there^. Your thread for the blinkers on the fender bump was unique and great, still, just make sure you aren't the 50th person to post somethin again lol
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I like the way it looks, but i'm going to try that except cut off the top piece for a skyline look. I have the tools so I will make it work!!

Comment

heres my custom grill

Comment

Still a good thread. Most of the previous threads are on 90-91 grills. Not too many 92-93 grill DIY's.

Comment

Great Job.
                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                  F22 guru is definatly over-doing it, however,
                  Actually I copied his comment from my DIY: Leafblower Thread. It was only a Pisstake at his expense.
                  He's probably one those Seppo's who had a Sense of Humour Bypass after 9/11.

**Edit**
                  I notice he's deleted that comment from the Leafblower thread!!
                  Last edited by F22-GURU; 02-13-2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I didn't, someone else did. Oh well, what can you do. I guess everyone has their own opinion of what "useful info" really is. Didn't mean to step on anyones toes anyhow......
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

impressive. Looks good, I think I'm gonna do it also now.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I started this today. got the 'wings' out, but decided to keep the "H" in the center. just for kicks, i sanded the chrome with 220 grit paper and made a brushed aluminium look. I need to put some mesh behind it but it looks okay. going to live with it for a week and see if i like it.

did you have the chrome covering? is that part paintable? without the chrome housing, the thing looks like crap so i know i have to keep it. i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it.
                        And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                        Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

I just scuffed everything up with 200 grit sandpaper before I went wild with the flat black.....chrome and all. Also, wiped everything down with some paint thinner to degrease before coating.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

have you done this on the bumber too? as i was putting the grill back on the car i looked at the bumper and started to think.. >)

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                            Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Ha....no I have not, I guess that you could. I really perfer the clear-coated OE paint, it's a bit more durable than rattle can. If you want the bumper black, just pick up a new OE cover....the fresh black Eurathane has a great look unpainted, and there's no paint to chip!!
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i might look at a new bumper. i have to replace the lip that was stolen a while back. dont ask me why but someone stole my front lip. they used a hacksaw or something cause there were little half screws in my driveway...fact is thats really what made me notice that the lip was gone. good times. i cut out the bumper wings also and decided that the H had to go.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:

Comment

Working...
                                X