Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gas Mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 4dr runnin mostly highway cold air intake, header w/ full exhaust, get low to mid 30's 5spd helps alot too

Watch out for those cement barriers

Comment

<a6, automatic. I fill my car up, fixin' to go to Virginia. Set the odometer, take off. Get to about 340 miles, gas light comes on. Go to fill it back up, takes 9.7 gallons to fill. My light comes on when it's above 1/4 for some reason. How I get that good of gas mileage, I can't really tell ya. Short-ram intake, with 14 dollar air filter from Advanced intake, full exhaust (no cat), nkg plugs, accel wires. Seafoamed, um..that's about it. My dad, before he gave it to me, would run about...280, to and from work. Stop lights and all. Basically city driving. 222,000 miles, so I derno. I'd say, a good tuneup, and get that engine as clean as possible. Once I seafoamed, I seen a difference in idle, got a tad bit of power back, and after the seafoam, I drove about 50 miles. Let the car sit, and the next morning, started it up. Big ass black glob right into the mothers front bumper. Just to think, that shit was sittin' in the intake/header/exhaust. Depends if you have a 5 speed or automatic, really. I had an ex that would drive 3rd gear at about 50-60mph all the time, and wondered why her Cobalt only got 18 miles to the gallon. haha
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

Not getting what I used to

I have a 90 lx coupe f22a1 auto, with a short ram intake and new plugs and wires, and I use premium gas. This summer I usually got about 25mpg or up to 28 with the full cold air intake(town and highway combined). But now I'm only getting about 21 for some reason, it also starts up slightly rough in the morning. It's not even that cold yet here in montana, only like 20 or so. Last year it started up much easier than this, do you think it could be the fuel filter or something?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
          I have a 90 lx coupe f22a1 auto, with a short ram intake and new plugs and wires, and I use premium gas. This summer I usually got about 25mpg or up to 28 with the full cold air intake(town and highway combined). But now I'm only getting about 21 for some reason, it also starts up slightly rough in the morning. It's not even that cold yet here in montana, only like 20 or so. Last year it started up much easier than this, do you think it could be the fuel filter or something?
          turns over and takes a while to start? Mine did that when my coolant temp sensor got smashed...your car dumps extra fuel on cold days to help start up...when my sensor got smashed it wouldn't dump the extra fuel...my 240 has an extra injector...a cold start injector...

and 20 is PLENTY cold enough...mine would do it when it was in the 35's-40's.
          ____

Comment

I heard you also might be able to gain 3-5 mpg consistently by doing the H23 Plenum and TB swap if you have the A6 engine. Since the plenum holds about 2x more air than the A6 plenum, it provides for a better mixture for combustion. I read that on owequitit's H23 DIY. Which i'm going to be doing really soon thankfully.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

almost 300 on full tank

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
              1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
              1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
              1990 Galant Base Model junked it
              1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

i drive more back country roads so 45-60 mph in 5th gear. i get almost 400 to a tank of 93 wit the timing advanced all the way up. try the basic tune up air filter, plugs button rotor, and check ur air pressure in ur tires. that does help a good deal too

the rebuild!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

1990 2 door LX

I got 333.8 miles
                  refilled 15.08 gallons

averaging 22mpg

Im afraid of pushing it more than 15 gallons now

Comment

With Stock EX internals and 5 speed I was getting 29-30 combined.

Comment

I get roughly 700km (435miles) / tank which is pretty good considering how I drive it.

But now since it's winter I get maybe 500km (310miles) / tank.

Comment

Originally posted by handovdoom
                        I get roughly 700km (435miles) / tank which is pretty good considering how I drive it.

But now since it's winter I get maybe 500km (310miles) / tank.
                        wow 100 more than me! I wonder why some people do so good

Comment

I would never fill it pass the half mark because I don't like shedding all that money at once to fill it all up but my dad yelled at me for not doing so because he said if i ran out of gas all of a sudden the fuel pump would lock up or something and I'll lose control. That true? I mean I'll fill it up more often but wondering if that's true or not.

Stock 10th Anniversary Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Saysana13b
                            I would never fill it pass the half mark because I don't like shedding all that money at once to fill it all up but my dad yelled at me for not doing so because he said if i ran out of gas all of a sudden the fuel pump would lock up or something and I'll lose control. That true? I mean I'll fill it up more often but wondering if that's true or not.
                            your car will lose power, i mean no engine, no power to energize all accessories. But you still will be able to steer and brake for the most part. There's still the E-brake if you dont have anymore brake pressure in your lines.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Double check around the fuel injectors as well. MPG goes down considerably if one or more are leaking.

Mods so far:
                              2.25 inch Cat Back, Cold Air Intake / Prefilter / AEM Bypass, Engine Ground Kit, 92 Vigor Rear Sway Bar, H&R Sport Springs / Tokico Struts, BMW "Bottlecap" Wheels, Integra Front Lip, 3G Prelude Seats, SE-i Armrest / Cupholders, OEM Spoiler, Sunroof and Window Visors, 87 Accord Side Moulding, Tinted Windows / Tailights / Side-markers / Turn Signals, Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

re gas mileage

Yeah tha dont sound too good. I am usually getting an average of about 28mpg overall on a tank. That sound about right for our cars?
                                1995 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed-DD and stockish
                                1991 Honda Accord- H22a and lowered DD#2
                                2005 SRT-4 ACR package-stock at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                X