Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers license should be SO much harder to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first and only fender bender was four years ago into the back of a Ford Ranger on freshly rained on, rather oily roads in Memorial Day traffic when he made the sudden decision that the gas pedal wasnt the best choice at the moment, slamming on his brakes. Lets just say his tires had a bit more grip than mine. For a 24 year old, Ive had a rather safe driving history with my first and current car.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

hahah tomi let the cat out of the bag. yup tommi will be getting senior discounts soon and his car is one of the sickest i have seen in person. will blow most of florida cars out of the water!! and very true guy is very hardcore with accords

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        God bless you Tomi!

Its good to see you around again, you were away for a while.

Jarhead told me all about it. He said when you pulled up at his house for the first time he was amazed lol. He also mentioned how you were as excited as a kid on xmas day when you got your hands on our junkyards lol.

Man that trip to Mexico sounds awesome!
        LOL! Bless you too brudda Ralphie ..
        Yeah, I've been around Ralphie .. just been busy with other stuff.
        Got the golf shop up and running in the garage at full blown VTEC ..
        I'm booked with weddings til next April. June, July and August always take care of themseves.
        I have to fly back to Hawaii in November to shoot my best friend's daughters wedding at The Hale Koa.
        My busiest month is always August. You know, it's before all the "kiddies" go back to school.
        Their parents wanna make sure they don't have too many late night affairs during school.
        Wouldn't want any high-school kids staying late at a reception and gettin in their CB7's and fawking up.

This time of year it's a bit slower, lotta different things goin on, and I can kina come back here
        and check out the "old crew".

And yes .. the trip to Mexico is gonna be awesome .. Been planning this for atleast a year.
        Went to Puerto Escondito when I was a junior in high-school. Not ... a .. soul .. in .. the .. water ..
        It was fawkin insane at about 4-5 feet and a mild off-shore as the federalies and the local amigos watched!

Funny thing is, we had about 200 bucks on us at the time (it was a sponsed surf trip)
        and we had a small (but big enuff ) stash of some good hawaiian da kane .. you know?
        And the federalies said that if we could do what we said we were gonna do,
        which was ride these boards on those waves (making gestures with hands)
        they wouldn't take all our pot, or rape our girl-friends ..
        Soo uhhh yeah, pretty good thing we were in the HSA and were "on the tour".
        They toked with us and even gave us some of theirs .. really kewl buch of amigo's

They told us about this other spot where, "the ocean makes machines."
        We were like, wtf? LOL! So we asked how far it was, and they said right down the road.
        They said follow us (my girl-friend was like no fawkin way man .. hahaha)
        We followed them to this small bay which was about 5 miles further south,
        but the thing was, to get to the waves, you either had to have a boat to come into
        from up the coast, or .. you could scale this scary ass cliff, (looked like blacks in SD.)
        But we scaled the cliff and were greeted by virgin 6 foot lefts that broke into a channel,
        that filled this bay that was theee most turquoise blue I have ever seen ..! WOW!

But I always said I wanted to go back there. A friend of mine who works for The Oakland Raiders
        showed me some pics of when he was down in puerto escondito, and told me about this left
        that broke out on a point in a Bay ..

It was the same place we surfed when I was 17 ..
        The only thing was .. the image showed a perfect trail cut out in the side of the cliff.
        And the place is now crowded with Americans .. LMMFAO!

Bruuda Ralphie .. I can say, "I had it when."
        I can't wait to get back to Hawaii in November ..

Tomi
        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-03-2009, 05:49 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
          My first and only fender bender was four years ago into the back of a Ford Ranger on freshly rained on, rather oily roads
          Ok .. sounds like what you said to the cop .. yawwwn ..
          Originally posted by 460sx View Post
          Ive had a rather safe driving history with my first and current car.
          Props mate .. and, uhh, keep it that way ..
          I bet I pay less insuarnce then you do ..

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
            hahah tomi let the cat out of the bag. yup tommi will be getting senior discounts soon and his car is one of the sickest i have seen in person. will blow most of florida cars out of the water!! and very true guy is very hardcore with accords
            Aaahahaha .. he's bein way too kind in sayin all thhaat folks ..
            Ask Kyle .. I just spent $460 bucks at CNC Racing yesterday .. about melted the bitch!

Haha, whats up brudda Felipe !
            Uhh, the check's in the mail dood ..

edit: Ooo I forgot to mentiom Felipe .. I already get senior discounts .. gotta love KFC Buffet's Hahaa!
            Only thing is, I haven't seen one here yet .. grrr .. hahahaa!

Tomi
            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-03-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

ever drive in mass? people think they have the right of way when theyre merging onto the highway from an on-ramp and sit there and flip out at you when you dont let them cut you off, then they do the same thing you just did to someone at the next on ramp while talking on a phone making hand gestures with their free hand.

today i almost hit a girl on a bicycle because she was swerving from the shoulder of her side of thew road into ONCOMING TRAFFIC 2 LANES AWAY. she then proceeded to give me the hairy eyeball like im some kind of reckless fuck when i jack on my brakes o avoid hitting her, then she goes back to texting.

half the people in this country can barely fucking push a shopping cart, my 78 year old father got hit the other day in the grocery store while picking out cereal by some bitch who wasnt watching where the fuck she was going. he asked her if she was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                my 78 year old father got hit the other day in the grocery store while picking out cereal by some bitch who wasnt watching where the fuck she was going. he asked her if she was ok.
                God Damn!!!!!!! They let people drive cars in the aisles now at the grocery store ?????
                Hahaha .. I laffed my ass off@ the, "he asked her if she was ok." part .. haha!

Tomi

Comment

no, she hit him with a shopping cart.

cliffs:

hes old, shes dumb, hes also very tough and a jerk.

Comment

you think you have it bad??

im not trying to be racist/discriminating here, but, in vancouver, theres a city called richmond...richmond is full of the worlds WORST asian drivers (no offence...) they come straight from china, cant speak english, go to asian driving schools where they PAY THE INSTRUCTOR TO PASS THEM!!! yes thats right....a few years ago, police cracked down on school who gave out over 1000 drivers licences to people who paid for them... the only city where they have a giant mall, with people in hard hats to fucking guide people into parking stalls so they dont hit other cars...

other then that, if you dont buy your licence, it takes 3 years to get your licence here.

- you read the book
                    - take the quiz
                    - after passing the quiz you get your "L" learners permit wich you have to have for 1 full year, and while driving you stick a giant red magnet on the back of the car with a big bold black L so people know your learning and will be more forgiving on you...giving you more space...not being a prick to you while driving.
                    - after 1 year of the "L" you take a driving test with an instructor, the test lasts for 45 minutes, if you pass, you get a giant green magnet with an "N" on the back, all it means now is that your allowed to drive at night time, and your allowed on the highways and your only allowed 1 passenger.
                    - after having the N for 2 years, you take another road test with an instructor, again, 45 minutes long, after passing, you get your full licence and your free to drive whenever where ever with whomever.
                    ..[CB7][STAR]..
                    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

i think at the border of mass and new hampshire they should hand out big red "A" stickers to mass drivers entering our state. the A would stand for "ass hat" of course.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                        no, she hit him with a shopping cart.

cliffs:

hes old, shes dumb, hes also very tough and a jerk.
                        haha, I was kiddin man .. err, I knew that ...

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                          you think you have it bad??

im not trying to be racist/discriminating here, but, in vancouver, theres a city called richmond...richmond is full of the worlds WORST asian drivers (no offence...) they come straight from china, cant speak english, go to asian driving schools where they PAY THE INSTRUCTOR TO PASS THEM!!! yes thats right....a few years ago, police cracked down on school who gave out over 1000 drivers licences to people who paid for them... the only city where they have a giant mall, with people in hard hats to fucking guide people into parking stalls so they dont hit other cars...

other then that, if you dont buy your licence, it takes 3 years to get your licence here.

- you read the book
                          - take the quiz
                          - after passing the quiz you get your "L" learners permit wich you have to have for 1 full year, and while driving you stick a giant red magnet on the back of the car with a big bold black L so people know your learning and will be more forgiving on you...giving you more space...not being a prick to you while driving.
                          - after 1 year of the "L" you take a driving test with an instructor, the test lasts for 45 minutes, if you pass, you get a giant green magnet with an "N" on the back, all it means now is that your allowed to drive at night time, and your allowed on the highways and your only allowed 1 passenger.
                          - after having the N for 2 years, you take another road test with an instructor, again, 45 minutes long, after passing, you get your full licence and your free to drive whenever where ever with whomever.
                          In Germany, you can't flip people off .. point to your head (as if to say, "wtf?")
                          You cant "taunt" and, you cant tease them .. if you do? You get a big fine ..
                          that fine is based on your income .. and, depending on the degree of your road rage,
                          you could lose your license .. BUT .. you can go as fast as you want ..

Anyone watch The History of The Autobon the other night?
                          It'll blow you away!

Go figure .. with speeds up to and approaching 150 MILES an hour ..
                          their highways are safer then America's! Imagine that ..

I lived there for 3 years .. drove a 3.0 BMW coupe (no, I don't have pics, look it up)

They don't fuck around over there at all!

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                            Props mate .. and, uhh, keep it that way ..
                            I bet I pay less insuarnce then you do ..

Tomi
                            Uh, yeah. Im 24.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

It's funny, I'm right in the middle of you guys. When I was younger, I never noticed the teenagers driving like they were blind. I always saw old people blocking intersections, not going when they had the right of way, pulling out in front of moving vehicles, parking like shit, and freaking out, slamming on their brakes and causing accidents.

Now I see a LOT of both. Probably when I get older yet, I'll start seeing only teenagers doing stupid shit on the road.

I think what needs to be pointed out, is that if a driver shows that their driving habits are causing a danger to others, no matter what the age, they need to be put on a probation of sorts, with the NOOB sticker, so police can see them and watch more closely to them.

I know guys my age (I'm 32) that can't drive worth a shit, and seem to be in a big hurry everywhere they go.

Just last month, some guy felt he was in such a hurry, he had to drive over the front of my car with his mom's Bravada. He was 17. Go figure.

Comment

Damn you guy's have never been to Cali accidents happen like every 30 seconds here, we got it all from young teenage driver's trying to copy fast and furious,women putting on make up while driving, sudden braker's, people that cut you off, tailgater's. I do admit there are some dumbass driver's out there and it makes me wonder how the fuck they got their license or how they're still able to fucking drive.

Now I'm not saying I'm the perfect driver I do speed sometimes but damn is it that hard to pay attention on the road.
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X