Ten Things Christians and Athiests Can (and must) Agree On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten Things Christians and Athiests Can (and must) Agree On

The war that's coming between the fundamentalist Christians and the hard-core Atheists probably won't be the most violent of the holy wars. But it has the potential to be the most annoying. Well, I'm going to try to stop it.

So I'm running into this guy basically everywhere I go:

Not that exact guy. People like him. I recognize the type, I had to spend the whole first half of my life around the Christian version of those guys, people who worked it into every conversation. But now I'm running into these really aggressive, sort of evangelical atheists. Ever since 9/11/2001, in fact. The exact day a whole lot of atheists decided this religion thing had to go before it killed us all.

These things never end well.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_15759...-agree-on.html

i know how touchy of a subject religion is. thats why this isnt a discussion, but more of a call out. see above.

for all my cynicism, i care too much about humanity in general to stay silent about how retarded people have gotten over all this.

late to the game edit: im not trying to start a flame war here, but start up some tolerance.
    Last edited by texasvtak; 06-21-2011, 12:43 PM.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

imo bible thumper are just as annoy as bible bashers. if believe, believe. if you don't, do you.

Comment

People just need to keep your opinions to themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        People just need to keep your opinions to themselves

eggfuckingzachely!

Comment

no, people just need to be tolerant of others' opinions.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

People are tolerant of others opinions.

So 9/11 was an opinion?

Gtfo.

Come on man, your better then that.

People just need to stfu and keep it moving.

If i want to come hang out at your mosque, syanogogue, church ill find you.

I don't give a fuck what your opinion is and when i want it, again ill find you.

Comment

yes, this is about 9/11. try reading. youre doing exactly what im calling bitches out for.

i need to edit this to clarify that, no, this is not, in fact, about 9/11. i was being sarcastic.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

I believe the cb7 is the most fuckingly ugly car ever made and a total piece of shit. It's not worthy of modifying and anyone who does is a complete moron blinded by other cb7 lovers who've gone before him and led him towards that belief.

Now, be tolerant of my belief, I don't want a single response to this post. Just tolerate it and move on with your life, it's all good.

Tolerance is impossible while human nature is still alive. You must remove human nature before ever expecting anyone to be tolerant.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

one more that didnt read it.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

extremest in anything is just a sign of insanity.

Comment

I'm tolerant to most any person, thing, and religion.

Its when people start bashing you over the head with whatever they are pushing, thats when I get pissed and push back. Be it about a vehicle, a certain brand of chewing gum, or religion. Tell me your opinion and move on. Don't keep saying how your '_________' is better than the rest without facts. And don't go spewing BS just to make your shit look better.
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                        one more that didnt read it.
                        No i didn't read the article, because im not interested.

From the text accompanying the photo, i gathered that the article is about how ever since 9/11 certain relgious folk are hell bent on either converting everyone or eradicating religion all together to "prevent" another 9/11??

Am i close?

The truth of the matter is, is that if people just woke up, went to work for their families, and went home and enjoyed their families and didn't really bother to much with anything religious except when they needed some guidance, 9/11 most likely would not have happened, along with 1000 other incidents.

I don't really want to argue but i just dont see a direction for this thread?

Who are you trying to call out because you clearly have a stance so what is it?

Comment

All zealous people, religious or not, that push their BS in your face are annoying as hell. I don't care about your religion or your religious views. I have mine so leave me to it and don't go bashing it becuase it's not the same as yours. I don't bash yours so I expect the same courtesy. If it ever comes down to my family and our quality of life. I'll fight to defend that no matter what.
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-21-2011, 01:57 PM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Then why the hell are you posting?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

From the text accompanying the photo, i gathered that the article is about how ever since 9/11 certain relgious folk are hell bent on either converting everyone or eradicating religion all together to "prevent" another 9/11??

Am i close?
                              youre not close at all. i was being sarcastic when i said it was about 9/11. the date is nothing more than a simple temporal point of reference for the article. care to go on with your tangent?
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X