Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this a good trade? Skunk Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good trade? Skunk Suspension

First i'll introduce myself, I have been on CB7tuner for about 2 weeks, and have spent the whole time searching and reading. I have a 1992 sedan (EX). with only a few minor mods. and i am looking forward to learning and improving my cb7.

Ok, now i have met a guy that is offering to trade his skunk suspension (installed) with camber kit. lowering it 2.5 in.

it includes springs struts and 2 arms with full camber.

I really don't know much about suspension, but i am offering to trade him a 2005 15in L7 kicker, a set of 17in wheels and a 400watt pioneer amp. i estimate the wheels are valued at 200 the sub at 60-80ish and the amp at 40.

Is this a deal? for me not him?

You'll get mixed results, reason being, some like Skunk2 suspension, some don't. I had a full Skunk2 set up on my daily, had NO problems and absolutely loved it, I would definitely buy another Skunk2 setup. I'd say that's not a bad deal on your part, I say go for it

Comment

Do you know if the shocks are blown?

Comment

assuming "skunk suspension" means Skunk2 springs, shocks, and camber kit... then I'd personally stay away. I think they make absolute garbage in terms of suspension for our cars. However, unlike nine_deuce, I have never owned a car with their parts, only driven and worked on cars with Skunk2 components.

To my knowledge, Skunk2 does not make control arms for our cars. Either I am unaware of this product, or the guy is using a part made for another car.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
          You'll get mixed results, reason being, some like Skunk2 suspension, some don't. I had a full Skunk2 set up on my daily, had NO problems and absolutely loved it, I would definitely buy another Skunk2 setup. I'd say that's not a bad deal on your part, I say go for it
          I think i will go for it, but the deal has changed a little, i will give him the 17in wheels and an older style xbox 360. and he will do the full installation. and he will also give me a legend lip.

Originally posted by f2156 View Post
          Do you know if the shocks are blown?
          they all look good, they are off of his cb7 that he totaled, so they were in use when he quit using them. he said the A-arms are about 3 months old, and everything else about 8.

I also forgot to add that although i value the wheels at 200, i only paid 90, and i paid 150 for the 360 2 years ago. if that matters.

I have a tight budget and i think this might be a good oportunity to improve my car.

I only use it for a daily driver mostly, with the occasional burnouts and what i call "drifting" in the rain.

Comment

Like deev said, Skunk2 suspension isnt really good for our cars. especially USED?! good luck bro.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
            My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
            Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I was looking around on the web. And most people say that Skunk2 suspension is a worthless pile of shit, a few people here and there said that they love it

From honda-tech(pretty old thread) :"3)Skunk2 Racing Adjustable Springs-pricey but not well built, alot of honda folk had skunk2 when the coilover things first pops out, NOT worth the money IMHO"

Personally, when I see mixed reviews, I tend to stay away from them. Just to be sure, and to stay out of trouble.

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Ultimately, it comes down to whether or not YOU think it's worth it. I personally think the Skunk2 suspension components are crap, and I wouldn't take them for free... so NO deal would be good in my eyes. If the Skunk2 stuff is in good shape, and your current stuff is shot... then it'd be good (and in that case, I'd do it...) Otherwise, I wouldn't, personally. If you want to, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Ultimately, it comes down to whether or not YOU think it's worth it. I personally think the Skunk2 suspension components are crap, and I wouldn't take them for free... so NO deal would be good in my eyes. If the Skunk2 stuff is in good shape, and your current stuff is shot... then it'd be good (and in that case, I'd do it...) Otherwise, I wouldn't, personally. If you want to, go for it.
                  Thanks for the advice, and after some research i found that they definetly aren't the best. But when i look at my options of either cutting springs or buying cheap ebay springs, they sound pretty good.

My stuff is Definetly not in great shape, the wheels have curb rash, and the xbox is just old. and plus, if it all goes wrong and they are complete crap, atleast i will have lived and learned from the experience.

Comment

The thing with crap suspension mods is this... you might not live to learn from the experience! If the suspension fails, you crash. If you crash, you could die... or kill someone else... or at the very least, cause expensive damage to your car, as well as someone else's property.

If you can't afford to lower your car properly, you really can't afford to lower your car at all. You have the right idea in looking at springs, shocks, and a camber kit all at once... that's smart. Cutting springs or throwing cheap ebay crap on your stock shocks would be utterly idiotic.

However, a used set of Skunk2 stuff (which is already crap when it's brand new, IMO...) is only marginally better than those two awful options.
                    I'd toss the stuff you're willing to part with up on ebay and craigslist. Sell it all for a few hundred bucks, and get a decent spring/shock combo, or a full coilover setup (do your research there as well... some of those are trash.) and a proper camber kit (Ingalls or SPC are all I'd trust my life to there... and I HAVE had experience with a cheap camber kit breaking while I was going 65mph in rush hour traffic!)

Comment

sounds to me like youre mind is made up. Most people will tell you to stay away^^ myself included. Because: 1.I wouldn't trust used suspension parts and 2. I myself have been swayed away from that brand too many mixed opinions for my liking.

But I do agree that it would probably be better than the twenty year old suspension components you have now and any cut springs or ebay shit. I'm just saying.

All my friends have chose to lower their car "on a budget" meaning they eaither cut their springs, get cheap ebay shit, or used parts... thay all had problems with shit breaking while they were on the road. They still do it even though they've had bad experiences I've chosen to wait until I can afford some quality brand new stuff. then again I am sitting on twenty year old suspension so I can't say I'm off any better.

Its always up to you though opinions can only do so much.

best of luck friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X