Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

header wrap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header wrap???

so whats the goods on a header wrap can someone let me know some stuff on this.
    i have dc header and just wondering bout a header wrap been seeing on alot of the cbs just dont know what for?

Headerwrap helps keep heat in the exhaust system, thus helping the scavanging effect. It also helps lower under hood temperatures, which is a good thing if you have non-cold air intake.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

It CAN crack the tubing or welds of the header, though. Especially cheaper ones. By keeping the heat inside, it puts more strain on the metal.

Comment

so do you think it would be a plus for me to get it or a negative?
        and to actually wrap the header would i have to remove it?

Comment

what would be a good header wrap? what it's real name? otherwise any local store selling it?

thx, kevin.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

some say it rust or breaks down the metal fast. i have them on my cheap ebay header and it work perfectly. when you 1st put them on, you notice the acceleration is a little smoother. instead of the exhaust gases hitting the header pipping and going out, it allows them to flow down the tubing and out the exhaust where its supposed to go.

Comment

Heat is energy, so the more heat that is kept in the exhaust stream, the more energy (and velocity) it should retain.

Comment

well positive it is then haha i am planning on going to get some tommorow as a matter of fact! any specifics?

Comment

header wrap.... i removed mine it caused a crack in my headman header..to me it was a waste of money and time...but some swear by it ..

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Header wraps trap moisture from condensation on the metal of your headers, there by causing premature failure. If you want lower temperatures get them coated and put your heat shield back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfamongsheep8 View Post
                      Header wraps trap moisture from condensation on the metal of your headers, there by causing premature failure. If you want lower temperatures get them coated and put your heat shield back on.
                      x2 http://www.jet-hot.com/headercoatings.html
                      1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
                      CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
                      PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Working...
                      X