No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the complete CD column here modified to accept the TSX clockspring then put together with some small trimming on the plastic surrounds behind the steering wheel. It all came out pretty decent.

One thing I have heard a few times before with this mod and that I am also experiencing now is the slight rubbing between the back of the steering wheel and the plastic surrounds just behind the wheel. It’s not bad. Nothing will hang up. I don’t really see a good fix for it though. As you can see in the pic below it’s a tight fit.

Below is the plug built to connect to the green plug for the CC. The solid black wire bending out is a ground to the fuse panel and is only used for the light on the CC button. The light green and blk/red wires are for the CC on/off on the wheel. The other two, red and red/blk are obviously for lighting which is very convenient since the steering wheel buttons are lighted. The CC “set” , “resume” And horn are on their own harness that plugs into the bottom of the CB clock spring. Wiring them in is as simple as cutting the plug off and soldering the wires.

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 06-17-2018, 02:13 AM.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I got the lighted buttons for the TSX steering wheel functions changed to blue the other day. They look allot better in person. I’ve been testing them on and off the last couple days also. If you don’t get smd’s perfectly right. They will work for a bit then fail.

I also started on the SE black leather panels. Put the red EDM Courtesy light covers on a couple of them. I’ll be lighting the window switches in red tomorrow.

Here is an example of dead leather compared to the nicer pleated leather on the above panel. The dead leather is flat, dry and lost most of its pleating. Fortunately the surrounding parts are really nice so I will swap the leathers.

~Mark~

Comment

This weekends pap tour was nice. At one pap I pulled the inner red/clear taillight housings from a CB coupe with a sedan trunk. The outers were a little shot with moisture damage. Then going to another we found probably the rarest CB made. A Phoenix Red DX coupe. I see around 1 of these a year. These come with a black DX style interior so the rare CB parts and parts that only come on this particular color and model are all here. It had interior pieces in very good shape too.

Lots of good stuff. Probably the nicest black coupe carpet I’ve ever seen yet. I wish I had time to take it. The car is to be crushed tomorrow also so I pulled a bunch of small bits I know are good to hold onto and put them in another car in a newer row. I’ll come back for them next week.

The pieces I took with me were the flippy coupe door locks. This is the only model that comes with black coupe locks. And the hood pull latch is a good score also in black.

I also grabbed an interesting piece I didn’t know was a part of DX models. The shifter console tray that has no sliding cup holder. It’s just a nice deep pocket. I am definitely putting this in my car. I totally hate that junky cup holder. Any good angling screen double din would make it useless anyways. I might do a project on it by adding a wireless phone charging pad built into it.

A couple other good finds. One is the DX CC/sunroof blank. The other is one that is harder than you might think to find if you have a gray interior coupe. It’s the interior handle bezel that is the color it should be(dark gray). Not the light gray that the crappy aftermarket pieces come in that do not match the door panel color. If I find them they are almost always broken or wrong color aftermarket shit. Now I just need a drivers side.

~Mark~

Comment

Nice finds! I hear ya on the LEDs, if they are not placed perfect it looks like an ebay job.

Comment

Great score! Sorry to hear you couldn't grab carpet from the DX. I'd have gladly purchased it from you! Probably the panels, too!

And yeah, that cupholder delete is awesome. Despite the fact that I've been going to junkyards for these cars for nearly 15 years, I didn't know it existed until I bought a balck console armrest from Europe. I thought it was something EDM-specific and then saw one my very next trip. Like you said, the OEM cupholders are beyond useless and just take up space. This is a great mod.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I just realized I've never seen your car. Super clean and I love all of the unique mods. nice work!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Too bad about that black carpet man but yeah Phoenix Red coupes are pretty rare.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Damn! I knew I should have stayed longer and taken the carpet and everything else from that DX. The seats are also pretty sought after. So much of it is one car only. Especially coupe. I did take the front door panels out and threw them in another car along with the black seat mounting bolt covers the seat fold levers and misc other pieces. The trunk black pieces and covers I took out. I have a set of that stuff in my attic also. The Solaris SE’s have that shit too. Oh well. Hopefully next time I’ll have more time lol. Thanks for comments and compliments.

~Mark~

Comment

Here is some more of the SE black leather panel project I’m on. This is the backing of factory leather equipped panels. It’s a metal formed backing with the leather stitched to the foam and glued to the form. I’m going to keep the forms that have the dead leather and remove the dead stuff then put on one of the other colors I have. Maybe build another nice set of panels in blue or burgundy leather and orange lighted switches.

There’s a product that others on here have touched on before. It’s called “wipe new”. This stuff is really good. It’s my go to for literally making interior stuff looking new. And it doesn’t wear off quickly at all. Here’s two black SE master switch bezels. They both looked the same before I hit the left one with the wipe new. The stuff is amazing. I Highly recommend it.

Here is a fully disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt door panel I treated with wipe new after. The results speak for themselves. There is one thing I’m adding to these front door panels. The 91 SE’s didn’t have Bose systems I guess? Maybe? I don’t remember, anyways the speaker covers don’t have the “Bose” tags nor do they come with a molded indentation to accept them. So now I gotta look in my attic or hit pap for some covers that have the right setup. Recover them with the black speaker material and install a set of Bose tags I have. These panels gotta have it all lol.

Here is a shot showing just how much work goes into building a set of sedan lighted switches. I’ve built a few now and I’ve learned what wire routing and soldering combinations work best. Good led’s, capacitors and reuse of the right size repurposed Honda wiring is all in the recipe. It’s tedious and takes time. But the results should be pleasing.

~Mark~

Comment

Major props on all of your work! Way to take on those upgrades in full force. I'm actually diggin' the CL wheels you're currently running, something about the design really fits the body. All your modernization work is top notch. The Ontario PYP is really treating you well. I might have to take the drive out some time just to see what I can throw some money away on! Sun Valley is my stomping ground and they're pretty good on CB7's as well.

Keep it up!
                      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Thanks apalileo. Yeah Glendale is a bit of a drive to hit Ontario. Ontario is a big pap. Lots of cars and changing pretty quick too. But there’s also Fontana, Rialto, Riverside, San Bernardino, Hesperia, and Victorville lol I hit em all. So there’s a pap in sun valley? Monrovia might be as far west as I make my pap stomping grounds.

~Mark~

Comment

I got the master switch and driver panel mostly complete. Here it is powered. You can kinda see the red in the switches and the red EDM door light. It looks really good at night.

This is definitely better in person but you get the idea.

~Mark~

Comment

I was just looking at the map and the PYP's are really close together in your area, you lucky, lucky mofo! Sun Valley is the closest to me while Monrovia, Santa Fe Springs, Wilmington and Stanton are my backups, though they can take some time to get to in LA traffic.

That door panel is coming out nicely. Props for always performing such clean work.
                            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Wow man, you really put a lot of quality time at the junkyard for your Honda. That cup holder delete is so rare...have you thought of getting copies made? Someone with a 3d printer might be able to whip it up.
                              My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                              Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                              Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
                                Wow man, you really put a lot of quality time at the junkyard for your Honda. That cup holder delete is so rare...have you thought of getting copies made? Someone with a 3d printer might be able to whip it up.
                                You know I can’t say for sure if this is actually a rare piece. It might be common to DX models. I’m pretty sure DX models are more rare than LX or EX but I did see 3 of them at a pap last weekend. I just didn’t see the delete piece till the last one lol.

Apalileo, you got a DX. What do you have? Crap cup holder or the delete?

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X