CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
NightmareCB7
CB7tuner Member

NightmareCB7 is cool... so far.
What you get in an eBay head gasket kit.

This is what I got in the mail today. It is a head gasket kit from eBay. I got it for just $36 when it was on sell. It has all the gaskets I need for the top end of the engine. I thought I would share with you all since there is a lot of questions on this kit and I will let you all know how well it works out.

Heres the link for the exact kit I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260773262338...84.m1497.l2649

Heres how it came in the mail.

Whats in it.

Heres a video on everything and comparing the new head gasket to the old one.
NightmareCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
c91bse7
CB7tuner Member

c91bse7 is cool... so far.
We got one of these for my friends civic, it worked fine and the cars still running good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
Wimp go low or go home haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
Not a single fuck was given that day.
c91bse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
NightmareCB7
CB7tuner Member

I think it will work fine too after I compared the 2 head gaskets. I just cant beat $36 for what I got. Lol
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
I've hear everything, but the HG is great.I bought a kit close to this but i will be using a 3 layer felpro these kits are 5 layer HG's.Good luck have that head trued up if need be and check you're block for warping with a straight edge.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Location: From the IE -- Riverside, Moreno Valley, Perris, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Temecula
android_proball is cool... so far.
That's one sweet deal! Thanks for posting the link to the same kit
android_proball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

domesticated seems to have made some friends!
I had a not so good experience with this kit. Same materials but a different car. Had it on my 2.4L Neon cause funding became an issue on the last of the stuff I needed. All those fibrous gaskets are absolute shit. They fall apart as soon as liquid touches them and then you end up with a not so tight seal between your components. And the head gasket didn't hold up to 10:1 compressing, 55 shot, and ARP studs properly torqued on break in. You'll also have to re torque down the bolts on you exhaust manifold every other week for about a month or it will leak. was a PITA on my Neon because the exhaust was buried in the back of the engine bay. That's all I have for complaints. Hope you have better luck.
domesticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
I have always re-used the Honda exhaust manifold gasket without issue.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I just bought one of these also. I guess the one thing I don't like about the packaging is that it's not totally obvious which seal goes where. With Honda stuff it's all individually wrapped so you can cross reference part numbers to see what it is. With this I'm just going to have to take something off, look for the one that most closely matches it, and hope it works. I only bought this to get this motor running for a little bit though. I have no intention to run this motor for even 50,000 miles. Though I'm sure this gasket set and others would hold on if you were able to match them up properly to their intended location. When I get some time to start replacing seals on mine I'll try to compile a list of pictures with descriptions to help others out in the future with this. Unless of course that already exists somewhere.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #9
wed3k
Contributing Member

wed3k seems to have made some friends! wed3k seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wed3k
Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
And the head gasket didn't hold up to 10:1 compressing, 55 shot, and ARP studs properly torqued on break in.
are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.
wed3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
NightmareCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
I just bought one of these also. I guess the one thing I don't like about the packaging is that it's not totally obvious which seal goes where. With Honda stuff it's all individually wrapped so you can cross reference part numbers to see what it is. With this I'm just going to have to take something off, look for the one that most closely matches it, and hope it works. I only bought this to get this motor running for a little bit though. I have no intention to run this motor for even 50,000 miles. Though I'm sure this gasket set and others would hold on if you were able to match them up properly to their intended location. When I get some time to start replacing seals on mine I'll try to compile a list of pictures with descriptions to help others out in the future with this. Unless of course that already exists somewhere.
Yea that the only problem with this kit. I was able to match the gaskets up just fine tho. Im very happy with the kit. Nightmare runs great now. I ordered another kit for the wagon so I will have updates on it soon.

Heres the first start up of Nightmare with this kit. Dont mind the tapping, its just the rockers cus the cam wasnt broke in yet. After the cam was broke back in I readjusted the valves and topped off the fluids, everything is great now.

Ill make another video on how smooth it runs now that it has some miles on it.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
I had my doubts about those ebay junks. But I used them in 3 built motors so far. One is a integra running a solid 12.4, the other is a off roading toyota pickup truck, and the other one is just a regular honda motor.

I was impressed. Though the valve cover gaskets, id probably go get a better brand (at least in my kits they wernt that great).

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #12
thepowderblue
CB7tuner Member

thepowderblue seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to thepowderblue
I used that same one on my old cd5 when I did a f22a head swap. Its good.

Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
Frost White Ex http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189517
thepowderblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #13
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
@Accordztech

I bought OEM Honda for the valve cover gasket and when I got my motor from DA9B16 (Lee) he gave me a Beck & Arnley also. So I'm covered there. I have the same sentiment toward those valve cover gaskets. I may put the crappy one on there for a bit to break it in for a few miles and then open it up to check things out and readjust the valves. Then put the OEM one on.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #14
thepowderblue
CB7tuner Member

The only thing idk if I would use would be the valve seals.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
wed3k
Contributing Member

wed3k seems to have made some friends! wed3k seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wed3k
i usually always go with supertech valve seals.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.
wed3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
thepowderblue
CB7tuner Member

I wonder why the f22b2 one costs so much more

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord...item3cb2a419ae

I think this is the best deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord...item3362a90162

Last edited by thepowderblue; 02-11-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
WhiteGhost
CB7tuner Member

WhiteGhost is cool... so far.
I got the same kit and I will tell you now go and buy a Fel-pro intake gasket....The gasket where the runners meet the head....Mine was super clean and perfect and put it all back together and i had a big intake leak....The gasket is junk.....Once you get the Fel-pro gasket which is only 10.99 from Oriley's you can tell the differance.......I had to pull the intake off and do it again......I didnt use any other gasket besides the Head gasket and the intake gasket and the headgasket is fine....Just get ya a another intake gasket 4sure....
Old 02-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
thepowderblue
CB7tuner Member

It worked good for me. You might have just not tightened it right.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
WhiteGhost
CB7tuner Member

WhiteGhost is cool... so far.
Yeah....HAHA...I knew somebody would come back with that..or something...No I tighten it right....Started with the middle...Tighten in sequence,I just didn't like the paper thin gasket to begin with...Then it had no ring around the fluid hole either like the feel-pro and stock honda....All in all a crappy intake gasket....But i was just say'n i would get a new one not that he had to....All the other gaskets are fine and are the same as any, except that intake gasket.....I have worked with plenty of gasket an knew it from the start.....Mine was fine until I drove it too...I forgot to post that.....I guess it didn't like the 16psi of boosted im cramming in there

Last edited by WhiteGhost; 02-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
WhiteGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #20
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost View Post
Yeah....HAHA...I knew somebody would come back with that..or something...No I tighten it right....Started with the middle...Tighten in sequence,I just didn't like the paper thin gasket to begin with...Then it had no ring around the fluid hole either like the feel-pro and stock honda....All in all a crappy intake gasket....But i was just say'n i would get a new one not that he had to....All the other gaskets are fine and are the same as any, except that intake gasket.....I have worked with plenty of gasket an knew it from the start.....Mine was fine until I drove it too...I forgot to post that.....I guess it didn't like the 16psi of boosted im cramming in there
Ah yes, the fun little details.

Off topic: You're awesome. 84 posts at the time of this posting and you're already a Gold Member contributor. That shows appreciation for this site and I commend that.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: