CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Paroykos
Newcomer

Paroykos is cool... so far.
Exception to the rule regarding sales?

Hi, CB7 family!

I am currently selling a set of wheels that are 4x114.3PCD and know that I will have a broader market here among the CB7 crew. My car is a 1995 Honda Civic with '96 ITR brakes/ hubs and so 4x114.3 like many of you. I understand the rules regarding beginner sales and respect their purpose, but am curious of a possible exception to the rule in my case. I will not be posting frequently in this forum as I do not own an Accord, but am active on Honda-Tech with many smooth transactions and several long distance wheel sales. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any possible exceptions.

-Russell
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroykos View Post
Hi, CB7 family!

I am currently selling a set of wheels that are 4x114.3PCD and know that I will have a broader market here among the CB7 crew. My car is a 1995 Honda Civic with '96 ITR brakes/ hubs and so 4x114.3 like many of you. I understand the rules regarding beginner sales and respect their purpose, but am curious of a possible exception to the rule in my case. I will not be posting frequently in this forum as I do not own an Accord, but am active on Honda-Tech with many smooth transactions and several long distance wheel sales. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any possible exceptions.

-Russell
Just out of curiosity, why would you think that we would make an excpetion for a complete stranger to enter into a transaction with someone here when the rule is there for this exact reason?

And in all honesty, you should have contacted a mod/admin about this instead of opening up the discussion to everyone.

Last edited by Ralphie; 03-06-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Odogg427
Newcomer

Odogg427 is cool... so far.
Lol I was wondering what was going to be said about this thread
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Paroykos
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you think that we would make an excpetion for a complete stranger to enter into a transaction with someone here when the rule is there for this exact reason?
For the above stated reason. I understand the spirit behind the rule, it just seems a bit overprotective. If someone is PayPal verified, etc. then that is at least added assurance. Additionally, I have a solid reputation on a site as large as Honda-Tech with at least 3 long distance transactions where I shipped a set of wheels. I'm not hear to argue the rule in any way, just asking if an exception can be made under the circumstances so I can sell a set of wheels or at least post a link to my Honda-Tech thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
And in all honesty, you should have contacted a mod/admin about this instead of opening up the discussion to everyone.
My intention was to elicit a response from a(n) mod/ admin. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
An exception will not be made. There are methods to circumventing the safeguards Paypal has in place, so that is not protection enough. This site serves to provide a community for Accord enthusiasts first and then the other things fall in line afterward. It is not beneficial for the site in any way to allow someone in for the specific purpose of selling parts who is not a vendor.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
Joey GT-R
Super Moderator

Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via AIM to Joey GT-R Send a message via MSN to Joey GT-R Send a message via Yahoo to Joey GT-R
I'll give him credit, he at least DID read the rules. If you really want to sell them that bad, post more often, get to 30 posts, and then go in the classifieds section. We really aren't asking much, just for you to invest time. However keep in mind that just because you have 30 posts doesn't mean you will get a quick sale. Experience is everything in this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Paroykos
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
An exception will not be made. There are methods to circumventing the safeguards Paypal has in place, so that is not protection enough. This site serves to provide a community for Accord enthusiasts first and then the other things fall in line afterward. It is not beneficial for the site in any way to allow someone in for the specific purpose of selling parts who is not a vendor.
Understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey GT-R View Post
I'll give him credit, he at least DID read the rules. If you really want to sell them that bad, post more often, get to 30 posts, and then go in the classifieds section. We really aren't asking much, just for you to invest time. However keep in mind that just because you have 30 posts doesn't mean you will get a quick sale. Experience is everything in this community.
Thank you for your reasonableness. I will do my best and understand any reservations someone may have. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Simply making this thread, and announcing what you have for sale, is a fucking sneaky way of circumventing the rules while "asking permission". I bet if I hack into your account right now, I'll find a PM or two from interested members... and if I did that, I'd be banning you AND them.
If you were truly seeking permission, rather than trying to be a sneaky motherfucker, you'd have simply PMed me or one of the moderators to ask this question.

I suggest you delete this thread, or you will be banned.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

Old 03-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Paroykos
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Simply making this thread, and announcing what you have for sale, is a fucking sneaky way of circumventing the rules while "asking permission". I bet if I hack into your account right now, I'll find a PM or two from interested members... and if I did that, I'd be banning you AND them.
If you were truly seeking permission, rather than trying to be a sneaky motherfucker, you'd have simply PMed me or one of the moderators to ask this question.

I suggest you delete this thread, or you will be banned.
You are false in your accusation. I honestly did not even consider for a moment PM'ing any of the moderators nor attempt to be sneaky. It isn't that important to me to sell the wheels, I was only attempting to wisely broaden my market. I truly meant no harm or "sneakiness," only to sell something I own. Thank you for your kind words.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
You were warned, instead you decided to check out Tippeys Legend MRT, rather than deleting this.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: