No announcement yet.

valve covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah I'm game, I've got a cover a want to send you already set aside.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I've got an F22 extra cover. I can send. I'm H22. Somehow maybe we can get another contest and the winner gets the cover.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
        I've got an F22 extra cover. I can send. I'm H22. Somehow maybe we can get another contest and the winner gets the cover.

steve
        Um rephrase please, not sure what you meant?
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
          From what I read it sounds like a donation of a f22a valve cover because he's h22 now...

This would be sick cause you have wicked skills my man.
          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

I'm working on an idea.
            I don't want it to be based on who has the nicest car, since this would be a great start for someone who is just beginning to make their car look nice. I don't want it to be based on who has the most friends, because that's simply unfair!
            I'm thinking possibly a DIY contribution, or something. I haven't worked through the details yet, but my idea is that the person who contributes the most useful, creative, helpful, thorough DIY thread wins this extremely generous offer!
            That way, even the people who don't win are still contributing something valuable to this site. In that way, everyone wins!

I'll make an official thread about it once I've worked through the details. I figured I'd mention it here so you guys can start coming up with ideas.

Thanks for this, Brandon! Even though you haven't had a CB7 for a while now, you still continue to be a valuable member here. It's greatly appreciated... and as usual, your work is fantastic!

Comment

I meant I have an extra f22 valve cover. My current engine is h22 so I have no use for it. It is clean no dents etc.

I would think f22 vavle cover would be better than an h22 since the forum is based on cars that came with f22a.

Thats all sorry If I was confusing.

steve

Comment

If needed for the winner, would you be willing and or able to donate if need be?

And that idea for the contest sounds great! Would their be a deadline and then a voting scenario similar to AOM?

If so is their a way you could promote people to create these DIY's on the front page.
                Last edited by KeeleDesign; 11-26-2013, 08:49 AM.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

yes I would and shipping from me in AL and you in TN shouldn't be terrible either

steve

Comment

holidays have been hecktic, we are still getting ducks in a row for this give away.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I'm working on an idea.
                      I don't want it to be based on who has the nicest car, since this would be a great start for someone who is just beginning to make their car look nice. I don't want it to be based on who has the most friends, because that's simply unfair!
                      I'm thinking possibly a DIY contribution, or something. I haven't worked through the details yet, but my idea is that the person who contributes the most useful, creative, helpful, thorough DIY thread wins this extremely generous offer!
                      That way, even the people who don't win are still contributing something valuable to this site. In that way, everyone wins!

I'll make an official thread about it once I've worked through the details. I figured I'd mention it here so you guys can start coming up with ideas.

Thanks for this, Brandon! Even though you haven't had a CB7 for a while now, you still continue to be a valuable member here. It's greatly appreciated... and as usual, your work is fantastic!
                      Sounds good!
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                        I should have a real unique toyota VC here in a bit.
                        Was this ever done? I was just interested in seeing something different...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure boss man forgot about this...... Don't really want to bug him about it, I'm not to good at setting things like this up, so we are just waiting on the contest to be setup.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Well, I'll be able to provide a nicely updated shot of this. I was going to order a cat-back for the RSX this next weekend, but with paying for taxes to be handled, my budget will come pretty close, so I'm going instead for a sway bar... and Hybrid Racing's oil cap to complete the look of this stealth valve cover.

Stay tuned...

*EDIT / 2.13* - there was a bit of a delay, since my car's belt developed a squeal and needed replacing. But the cap's now on the way!
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Sha-bam!

It doesn't flow quite as well as I was hoping, but still, it's much better than stock.

...and on the K. I wish the H's cap was wrapped so tightly by the body of the valve cover.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I bought one of these a couple years ago to have welded in place as an oil cap since I've never seen it done, especially on a honda:

It's a flush-mount, weld-in gas cap for aluminum motorcycle fuel tanks, and looks like this when it is done right:

but that was when I was gonna go H22. Now I don't know how to get it to look good on an f-series vale cover. It's also a bit "taller" than I thought, so come clearance issues might come into play.
                                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                                X