EXT: Diy hood bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Diy hood bra

I decided to make this because i thought it was a cool idea and its totally removable from your hood.For this project i used PLASTIDIP for my bra. I couldnt find one anywhere and the ones that have to be made take forever to come and im a impatient person when it comes to my car parts.In the end this is what you should end up with:

Stuff you need:
    2 cans of plastidip (Homedepot or Lowes )$6.00 a can
    Masking tap
    Newspaper

1)Make sure that your hood is clean of any dirt or grime

2)pop the hood open and lay down the newspaper over your lights and fenders and then shut it.

3) place one long strip of tape from one end of the hood to the next. you can adjust the tape to make the bra bigger or smaller or however you want it

4) cover the rest of the hood in newspaper and mask off the top part of your bumper.

5) Spray the plastidip on the uncovered area. When your spraying the platidip its gonna look like bedliner at first but keep spraying it.You want to put a nice thick coat on but not too much that it drips(i put 2 thick coats).

6) Once you are done spraying remove the newspaper and tape.This will prevent the plastidip from ripping when its dry and it leaves a smooth edge.

It takes about 3 to 4 hours to fully dry and it should have a little texture to it but not much.If you get overspray on your car you can just rub your finger across the stuff and it flakes off real easy. The plastidip does not come off when you wash the car or dry it. If you do decide to take it off just pick at a corner and it should rub off in one piece.This is for those who cant find a bra like i couldnt so i improvised .This is also good against rock chips too

Enjoy everybody!

do the fenders too =P
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
      do the fenders too =P
      X2, Look's good

Comment

I was expecting to see some type of viynal not spray paint.. plasticdip w/e.

Looks ok. Need accord name there.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
          do the fenders too =P
          That would look nice too but i have my bug guard on
          Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
          X2, Look's good
          Thanks
          Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          I was expecting to see some type of viynal not spray paint.. plasticdip w/e.

Looks ok. Need accord name there.
          Its kinda like vinyl just in a can. i was looking for a accord decal but i dont like the ones ive seen and the real nice ones i would waste my time putting it on that

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
            That would look nice too but i have my bug guard on

Thanks

Its kinda like vinyl just in a can. i was looking for a accord decal but i dont like the ones ive seen and the real nice ones i would waste my time putting it on that
            Don't put an accord decal on

Simply put some cheap ass stickers that say " accord " in the proper font on the hood

when you spray the plastic dip spray it over the letters, peel them off and tada it says accord.

Comment

love the idea....but isn't bra supposed to have those ears or fins on top lol lmao....but great idea...infact i should just paint my hood with plastic dip...thanks for the idea!!!!!
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Nice job! Plastidip is the ish!
                "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Did you plastidip the headlights too? or is that ghetto electrical tape? I tried the electrical tape myself and I loved the look but it sounds like plastidip would be a viable alternative that would be removable and look much better although I've never heard of it or used it before.

Comment

I surprisingly quite like this.

Nice work. At first glance could fool anyone.

Comment

I really like this. I might try doing my whole hood. Always wondered what it would look like and that way i could hide all the rock chips and scratches on my hood. If i dont like it, I can just simply peel it off

Comment

I need to do this on my DD. I think at one point it did have a bra, but now all I see is a line where it used to be

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thanks everyone for the comments! i was gonna do the whole hood but i didnt know how it was gonna come out.Yeah my eyelids are made from electrical tape but im gonna plastidip them now.

Comment

sort of overkill, but i can dig it.

Just unsure what damage it'd wreck on your paint if you had it baking in the sun on your car for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                              love the idea....but isn't bra supposed to have those ears or fins on top lol lmao....but great idea...infact i should just paint my hood with plastic dip...thanks for the idea!!!!!
                              The real bra has them to keep it from flapping around

No need for them if its painted on. Although i think its the coolest part of the bra.

Comment

Working...
                              X