11910-P13-000 mounting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11910-P13-000 mounting issues

I bought and am working on my H23A blue top from HMotors Online. It came out of a JDM '98 Accord Wagon and is P13 spec, according to Steve. Well, when I got into the motor, it is mostly P13 spec, but some parts, including the plenum, are PCB spec. The part that I am concerned about now is the timing side mounting bracket, or post mount. I got some solid and trusted advice to get the '90s Prelude DOHC bracket with part # 11910-P13-000. This is a picture of the part that I bought on ebay. According to the seller, this one is compatible with an early '90s Prelude Si or Si-VTEC.

The one I actually received looks like this one below, but includes the brass bracket that bolts to the head. This picture I got off of the same seller's add for part# 11910-PT0-020. He claims this is for an early '90s Prelude S.

Everything seemed fine to me, until I took off the bracket that was on the car, and then tried to put the one I received on. I can only get three of the five 14mm bolt holes to line up. The two that are on the left and bottom, under the post mount, will not line up, no way no how.

I checked the block, and I cannot find P13 stamped on it, and the timing side bracket that I pulled off the block is stamped PCB. The one I bought is not stamped P13.

Has anyone who swapped an ODB2 H '96 and later come accross this problem? Do you think the seller just accidentally swapped the parts and sent me the wrong one?
    Last edited by af_1132; 05-21-2019, 11:51 PM.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Well, it only took a tad bit of investigation. The second one, the one I have, is an exact match to the bracket that I still have from the F22. The seller mixed them up, I contacted him, and he was extremely sorry and will be refunding me.

I would say that if you get these mixed up yourself, or you are thinking about cutting a corner and using your F22 bracket and saying "eh, three bolts is good enough," DON'T!

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Sorry they got your stuff mixed up, but glad this is progressing along for you! Once you get them swapped out, be sure to update us!
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It's all good. The seller is making good on his mistake, and sending me the correct one. Well, by that, he is having me process a normal return and then purchasing the correct part again after he posted the item again.

Oh, I see that the threaded hole for the timing upper cover is much lower on the correct part bracket than the bracket that came on the car. So I guess that means the timing cover will go on with just the bolt on the right side?

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
        X