Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Idle

Ok, I'll cut right to the chase..

Buddy of mine is having some idle problems. When the car is in either Park or Neutral, the idle jumps. Now its not the usual, constant idle surge. This is just a few revs between 1k and 2k, then it stops.

Drive and Reverse work fine. Just Neutral and Park that do it. Any suggestions or ideas would be awesome!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

vaccum line perhaps, i suppose you tried adjusting the idle screw or fast idle valve?

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

The fast idle is tight and the idle screw hasn't been touched on the newer TB.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

try adjusting the idle screw, my idle was fine and then one day, it just started being a bitch, i just adjusted the screw and it never did it again. if you are afraid of messing with the screw just make a mark on the screw, the make a mark on the TB that matches the mark on the screw, mess around with adjusting it (keeping track of turns you make) if that doesnt work then just set it back to where it was and no harm done

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

We think it might be the IACV. He mightve gotten a code for it once before.

We're checking codes. . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

check codes and let me know i might have an extra IACV laying around im not sure

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

No codes.

Comment

Working...
              X