Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDM B20B swapped Civic randomly loses spark. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM B20B swapped Civic randomly loses spark. Help!

So I now own a 1998 Civic HX turned into an Si clone. It has a JDM B20B with a GSR LSD transmission.

History of the car, it originally had a GSR swap but the previous owner blew it up and dropped the B20 in. The car is converted from OBD2 to OBD1 via a conversion harness and is running an Integra LS P75 ECU. When they put the B20 in they did not wire it correctly and it threw a bunch of codes. When I got it home (barely) I pulled the "tucked" harness and rewired it using online schematics and it no longer had a check engine light or codes.

Problem 1- fluctuating idle and if it sits idling for a few minutes it bogs down and dies. Ive replaced the IACV twice.

Problem 2- while driving the car will randomly lose spark and miss upon accelleration and sometimes lose all spark completely and stop moving but continue to add fuel. Ive replaced the dizzy with a brand new one and replaced all the plugs.

I am NOT throwing any codes, no CEL, which is why Im so stumped!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Just a wild guess but did you try re-timing the motor?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      Just a wild guess but did you try re-timing the motor?
      No, ive moved the dizzy back and forth but never timed it. The sputtering and stuff happens at complete random though, but ill time it anyway and see what happens.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Working...
      X