I Need More Rear Seat Legroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    What year? A 91-95 has significantly more leg room than a cb7, currently i own both and everyone who's ridden in both agrees that the legend is MUCH more roomy.

Yes, I was looking at 91-95 Legends (in 2004). I just remember that after I put the driver seat where I wanted it, I couldn't get in the back seat.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    Longer doors wouldn't create any leg room man...

LOL
    Along with the 10 inch longer doors, 1'd use 10 inches of the sedan floor and rocker sections forward of the B pillar to extend the floor behind the front seats. The car would end up being about 10 inches longer than the standard sedan.

Mostly just thinking out loud (unlees I found a sedan wrecked in front and a coupe wrecked in the rear!).
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-25-2012, 08:30 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      You would register it before hand and insure it as a regular cb7
      Right. It's still a CB7.

Insuring it would be the same, especially if it was just liability insurance. Full coverage would only cover a standard cb7, unless special considerations were taken... and a higher premium paid.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Yes, I was looking at 91-95 Legends (in 2004). I just remember that after I put the driver seat where I wanted it, I couldn't get in the back seat.

You must be very tall then because i put my seat about half way back and everyone was comfortable

Comment

But you're like 5'3 and 102lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            But you're like 5'3 and 102lbs.
            I'm taller than that for sure

I sit decently far back.

Comment

Parts car I picked up Saturday has me thinking about this again. I've got half of it.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-20-2018, 04:40 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

do itttt
                COUPE K24

Comment

The wagon would provide the other half. What's that car doing these days now that it's been replaced?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    The wagon would provide the other half. What's that car doing these days now that it's been replaced?
                    I had it shipped home. The body structure was straight, so I replaced the main front cross member, rebuilt a PS rack, and put it all back together. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207733

Now in service again (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=208490); my son has it at school in Pensacola.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-11-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Well tell him that the wagon is needed for more important ventures now. The "Accord wagon L" needs to be realized!
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ideal candidate is a rust free sedan (or wagon) wrecked in front - I'm praying he doesn't do that.

Comment

the hardest part would probably be getting window glass that fit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If the seam was along the b-pillar from the donor coupe (front) and donor sedan/wagon (rear) then the front door glass would be from a coupe and the rear door glass would be from the sedan/wagon.

Comment

i dont think the doors line up that cleanly. it would need to be 90% coupe door, and the trailing edge where it meets the B-pillar would need to include 10% of sedan front doors. The sloped angle of the coupe window and the need for added length would make for something interesting at the corner. Though perhaps youre right, if you leave at least the track alone, using all of the coupe door internals and side glass could probably work. Perhaps the "gap" can just be closed off with a non-openable panel.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                                i dont think the doors line up that cleanly. it would need to be 90% coupe door, and the trailing edge where it meets the B-pillar would need to include 10% of sedan front doors. The sloped angle of the coupe window and the need for added length would make for something interesting at the corner. Though perhaps youre right, if you leave at least the track alone, using all of the coupe door internals and side glass could probably work. Perhaps the "gap" can just be closed off with a non-openable panel.
                                The coupe door "bulges" rearward some where it meets the quarter, the sedan pretty much follows the line of the rear edge of the door frame. I'l have to determine if the coupe door edge can just be trimmed to match a sedan profile. Have to see if the coupe door window frame and sedan rear door window frames are the same height and that door skin profile is the same where they would meet.
                                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-23-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X