No announcement yet.

Camurai : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my VHT Nite Shades in today, so I wanted to do a test to see how it applies. I had a broken pair of corner lenses hanging around, so I used one of them as a test mule.

Here's the poor, unsuspecting victim sitting next to its tormentor.

After one coat. It's a little tough to see the difference because of the poor lighting, but you can get a basic idea of what it looks like.

I went kind of heavy on the second coat without really meaning to. This is basically what it should look like after about 3 coats.
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

How are the lights coming out? Pics Please

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Next time you hit a deer....I want pics of the deer

Cars looking nice...

Comment

New update. Before I can even buy a hood and finish the repairs from hitting deer #2, apparently I'm going to need to swap the engine. I keep getting this overwhelming urge to ghostride the thing into the river in an attempt to stop the tide of bad luck. I could have practically bought a brand new car by now with the amount of money I'm throwing at this thing.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY
            How are the lights coming out? Pics Please
            Just put the second coat of clear on the inner tails tonight. I'll try to get photos posted by tomorrow evening.

So, as stated above, my F22A6 appears to be on its last legs. A severe oil leak has led to a death rattle coming from behind the timing cover, and the running condition of the engine makes it patently obvious that something is wrong. It's acceptable (barely) for DD, but get into it at all and it makes a godawful noise. This has led me to the conclusion that I should limp it as is until I can save enough to swap in an H22A, probably late this spring. I think this is manageable for me. I'll be going with just the engine, and using the F22A trans because I prefer the longer gearing. I use the car as a DD with mostly highway driving, so it just makes sense for me. The only time I really get into it is to pass on the highway anyway, so the longer legs will be helpful for my style of driving.

New on my to-be-aquired list:
            JDM H22A engine
            USDM Prelude VTEC downpipe
            Timing belt service kit
            OEM oil seals and misc service parts
            P13 ECU
            Flywheel & clutch combo

I'll try to keep you all posted.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end

Comment

Do you plan on doing any fender rolling with a 225/45 tire and what I'm assuming is probably a +40 offset wheel?

I remember that ATX's old wheels Rated-R's and had a +40 offset.

I know when I ran a +40 offset with a 215/45 tire I had a slight rubbing issue with people in the back on what would be considered a mild drop.

Comment

I don't have a drop yet, so no worries at the moment. When I do drop it, I'll probably swap those out for a set of 205/45R17s.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end

Comment

man everyone like s your car even the deer lol

jk

i like your ride man.
                  back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07
                    man everyone like s your car even the deer lol

jk

i like your ride man.
                    Thanks mang!

Finally got done fixing the screwup from the emergency repair. Come to find out, the idiot that worked on the car forgot to install the nut that locks the tensioners together when he buttoned everything back up. This led to the timing belt tensioner breaking when they turned the car on to move it out of the shop bay, at which point the timing belt jumped 3 teeth. I'm lucky it didn't need a new head. Runs like a champ now! Just need to pick up a hood in the next few weeks and I can finally get around to repairing the damage from "When Deer Attack: Part II." As soon as spring finally gets around to springing, I'll be getting to some serious work installing all the parts I've been picking up over the winter. FINALLY!

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                    Short ram intake
                    Tenrai Himoto catback
                    Smashed front end

Comment

Well, it's been awhile since I posted up in here, but it's taking a lot longer than expected to get our insurance company off its ass to reimburse us for the fire loss. Things are finally starting to move along though, so hopefully I'll have some updates coming as I begin to do a little bit of work. Another thing that'll slow me down is that we're in the middle of peak season at work, so I only get one day off a week. Welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycle dealerships! Anyway, I've got a new laptop and a new camera, so I should be around a bit more often, and I managed to get the Konig wheels on the car a couple of months ago. They look fairly sharp, even for being a bit beat on, and they definitely freshened up the look of the car, despite the still dented hood.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

I wondered where you went. Looks good.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Managed to get tunes back in the car today. Thank God, I've been without since somewhere around October. My deck of choice is a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD with a CD-I200 iPod adapter cable. I also tossed the stock rear 6x9 paperweights in favor of a set of MB Quart DKF-169 speakers. The stock fronts will remain for now until I get a set of lower door panels made to house the QM332.02CX components. Next on the list is some sound deadening, followed by the subwoofer and amp install.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                          Short ram intake
                          Tenrai Himoto catback
                          Smashed front end

Comment

..so wait, did you hit a deer again

Originally posted by Juice21
                            thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                            Originally posted by GameChewer
                            Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

I hit TWO deer. The second was 3 days after I picked the car up from the body shop after having it repaired from the first one. Just got the last piece I need to put it all back together again.

VIS carbon fiber hood -

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end

Comment

love your coupe man...kinda like mines twin..lolz but cleaner...n i see your interior still looks rich not faded...

Comment

Working...
                                X