Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was no CB7 what would you be driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had one of these in charcoal gray before I bought the CB. 1998 Mazda B4000 SE extended cab 4x4. I probably would have fixed it, but the gas mileage was killing my wallet.

~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

another beretta.
      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
        dont you guys have a 25 year rule there??

must cars be converted to lhd?
        many import costs?

r32 gtr will be my next car to tune if I decide my rwd driving skills are non existent.
        Yeah, 25 year rule in the US. That means in 2014 we can import the first year of the R32! Anything newer than 25 years old must meet US emissions and safety standards, which includes applicable crash-test data (which is one reason why the R32/33/34 are damn near impossible to get, because there is no applicable crash test data for them.)
        RHD is allowed. Import costs can get pretty crazy... it REALLY helps to know someone. An import has to go through a Registered Importer, who is legally responsible to ensure the car meets all US safety and emissions standards. The owner of the car can't even take possession of it until the RI completes all legalization processes. If the RI gets caught pushing an illegal car through, there are serious consequences.

Anyway, on topic with this ancient thread... I currently don't drive my CB, and haven't for years. I drive my 09 Fit, and I will soon have an 06 CTS-V added to my small fleet. The CB will be on the road again soon enough.

Comment

a Tercel ... or a Celica GT-S

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The CB will be on the road again soon enough.

(1 "" wasn't enough.)

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

For real. Well, as long as Jak Frostwhite doesn't tell me to go fuck myself when I ask if I can tow it to his shop so he can fix it for me! It runs, I just have no clutch pressure, and I need a bushing installed in the rear.

Comment

Honestly though... my CB7 is my "performance" project. Not at all an ideal project, but I love it, and I love this community. I have it in my head that I want to put that car on the track, painted to look similar to Lynx's video game car

If I didn't have the CB7, I would have something far more sporty in its place. I'm not sure what, but a few cars I've toyed with the idea of:
                Porsche Boxster
                Porsche 944
                Lotus Exige
                RX-7 (FC or FD... though I like the older ones as well.)
                Corvette (C5 probably)
                M3 (E36, probably)
                Miata
                R30 or R31 Skyline (a longshot, but there was one R30 in the US that was BEAUTIFUL, and sold for $8000!)
                S4
                WRX
                Evo (8 or 9)
                Starion
                3000GT
                Galant VR4
                MR2
                S2000
                NSX

That's about it... all of those cars can be had for under $20,000 if you shop smart... and all would be REALLY fun projects (though some would be super pricey to maintain, let alone modify...) Still...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Honestly though... my CB7 is my "performance" project. Not at all an ideal project, but I love it, and I love this community. I have it in my head that I want to put that car on the track, painted to look similar to Lynx's video game car

If I didn't have the CB7, I would have something far more sporty in its place. I'm not sure what, but a few cars I've toyed with the idea of:
                  Porsche Boxster
                  Porsche 944
                  Lotus Exige
                  RX-7 (FC or FD... though I like the older ones as well.)
                  Corvette (C5 probably)
                  M3 (E36, probably)
                  Miata
                  R30 or R31 Skyline (a longshot, but there was one R30 in the US that was BEAUTIFUL, and sold for $8000!)
                  S4
                  WRX
                  Evo (8 or 9)
                  Starion
                  3000GT
                  Galant VR4
                  MR2
                  S2000
                  NSX

That's about it... all of those cars can be had for under $20,000 if you shop smart... and all would be REALLY fun projects (though some would be super pricey to maintain, let alone modify...) Still...
                  Only 1 American car. Deev you suck. Where's the love? No CTS-V?
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm talking as a fun performance project. There are plenty of nice American cars, such as the CTS-V (which I really WILL own, hopefully this spring or summer)... but they're not sporty enough to fill the CB7's void.
                    I suppose I could include the GTO, Saturn Sky (I prefer it over the Pontiac Solstice), and MAYBE the Plymouth Prowler (not that it's good for anything, but it's so freakin badass!)
                    I don't care for the Camarobird, especially the newer ones. And the older domestics are awesome for a straight line, but they don't turn. My CTS-V will give me plenty of go-straight thrust. I want a performance project that can whip around corners!
                    I also don't care for Mustangs, though they'd fit my needs in many cases (especially the Cobra models with the independent rear suspensions.)

Comment

Working...
                    X