Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

little problem on overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little problem on overheating

stock motor in my 90 cb.. the water pump was leaking and i changed that out. this was three days ago. ran fine no problems for pass three days. heading to work on the free way cars start to get hot.. pull over let it cool and put water in and its fine regular running temp. until an few hours later on my way home again on freeway starts to over hear again. if im cruising on the streets im fine but as soon as i hit freeway speeds its starts to climb up... what could this be its not leaking water so.. therostat maybe?
    fan does work i checked that and does still have water in it...

Sounds like the thermostat maybe stuck closed. On the highway it's should be good enough airflow to keep the radiator cool but since the thermostat is closed it has no water flow to cool.
    Last edited by ssondubs; 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Are you low on coolant? Usually thermostat will present itself at idle or low rpm.
      Fans shouldn't be an issue either as the cool air from driving shoul cool the rad

Did you get air out of the cooling system after the water pump replacement

Steve

Comment

yes air is out at the system and i toppped it off with coolant.. if i let it set there and idle does not get hot only when i get on freeway for more than like a few mins then starts to warm up..

Comment

i had the same problem i changed the thermostat and bam fixed.. its only 7.99 autozone

Comment

I have seen both thermostats cause this problem as well as clogged radiators

Comment

If you do replace your thermostat, go OEM or aftermarket with FAILSAFE. That way, even if your thermostat was to break, it will stay open and not heat up too much too fast...

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
              Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by 2doorhardcore View Post
                yes air is out at the system and i toppped it off with coolant.. if i let it set there and idle does not get hot only when i get on freeway for more than like a few mins then starts to warm up..
                How did you bleed your coolant? Did you use the bleed valve on the Thermo itself? It does sound like a thermo or radiator problem, but always check the simple stuff first.
                My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
                Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Thanks guys I did bleed it from the bleeder valve at it still did heat up on me.. So I did it from the radiator with the cap off.. Let the fan cycle a couple times and really got all the air out.. After that no more problems...

Comment

Working...
                  X