What are the symptoms of a bad tcu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the symptoms of a bad tcu?

i have a 92 ex auto car. when i put it into drive and go down the street it acts likes its getting no fuel. when i put it in to park it stops and runs good or neutral. what could it be or is it the tcu? i just put new plugs wires nkg and fuel filter and i changed out the dizzy and no change. its my dd please help.....

Start with pulling the codes http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

would the tcu do that engine run like crap.

Comment

It won't shift right if that is what you mean by engine running like crap. Other than that, the engine should not be effected, just the improper shifting.

Comment

the engine runs good when it is in park or neutral with will go from 900 to red line with out a beat. as soon as i put her in drive it runs like shit.. i changed the dizzy plugs map and fuel filter. i have no idea what to do next. please help

Comment

Originally posted by coltonfrostcb7 View Post
            the engine runs good when it is in park or neutral with will go from 900 to red line with out a beat. as soon as i put her in drive it runs like shit.. i changed the dizzy plugs map and fuel filter. i have no idea what to do next. please help
            theres a blue plug behind the passenger side kickpanel, short it with a paperclip or piece of wire, then turn the key till just before starting. have a pen and paper handy, the CEL and D4 light will blink, write the amounts down, then look up the codes on here... As everyone has said if your motors fine its just the TCU. think of a manual you try to start in 2nd or third itll run like shit (or stall) till you get up to speed. Try cleaning the solenoids that shift the gears make sure your grounds are good..check the fluid, if its brown or black or smells burnt its cached. drain and refill per instruction on hurr. i dunno but you should read up and knock out all the simple checks before throwing parts at shit that has nothing to do with anything

Comment

thanks to who posted i found out it was. the ground under the thermostat it was lose. why i didn't check it because i had just did a thermostat i was getting the check light them when i play with he wires around it the cell light did not come on found it was lose and bam fixed it. thanks alot cb7 tuner for all your help with the info.

Comment

Working...
              X