Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture Request: JDM CB Alpine navigation unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Request: JDM CB Alpine navigation unit.

I remember seeing the pics of it several years ago on here but all the threads I could find on it have no pics now. If anyone has any pics of it, can you please post them up here? Thank you!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Im pretty sure there was never a cb7 navigtion unit. Unless it used a electro gyrocator. I highly doubt our cars ever had any such navagation unit. It was most likely from another car.

Comment

Are you talking about this?

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

It's a Navigation + TV Broadcasting Unit.

This guy has it and posted pictures on one of his threads. I'm just lazy to search for it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=kurobei
        Last edited by ExplodingCake; 07-04-2010, 01:10 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
          Are you talking about this?

That is the OEM JDM CB Navigation that bolts to the dash. The one i have is the indash version that wasn't exactly just CB exclusive but for Accords and Preludes Honda Access optional equipment of that era. I also had a Silver Gathers unit as well but wasn't feeling the two separate dins for one function.

The one that bolts onto the dash is really nice because it reminds me of the Subaru/Skyline dash units. I recall someone actually using the Subaru unit in the CB because of the it's similar design...but don't recall it working or not.
          Last edited by Warudakumi; 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

that thing looks DOPE. i bet you can get it working to play dvds etc, put the dvd player or ps2 slim or something in the glovebox. dope

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
            I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Ive thought about rigging a newer OEM navs in my accords sence they only go for about 300. the old school one like in that pic will not work outside of the asian markets they were sold in. from what I read they used the odometer to determine where there were in japan. & were not as accurate as the newer satellite ones.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                Ive thought about rigging a newer OEM navs in my accords sence they only go for about 300. the old school one like in that pic will not work outside of the asian markets they were sold in. from what I read they used the odometer to determine where there were in japan. & were not as accurate as the newer satellite ones.
                Thats still a pretty cool concept to have back in the early 90s. Hell think about how long they were working on it before then

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                  You are probably thinking about the 1st generation honda navigation systems like in the pre 88under hondas. I have the 2-piece version of the alpine unit and I believe the dash mount version still uses satellite since the menu and interface looks very similar.

What sucks about it is that it comes with a brain and a cd-rom (not even dvd) that you have to manually open just to switch out. I believe they are region protected too so you can't just find a different country cd-rom and switch it.....i wish but I've been trying to source a 1st generation Acura CL,TL,RL navigation unit that is similiar that uses a US CD-ROM to confirm this.....but then again I doubt honda updated the USA maps and stuffed all the new information on a regular cd-rom. All the navigations today now use a DVD-rom or come preloaded on a HD.

With certain alpine units, it's possible to swap the japanese brain of the unit with a similar US model. It's been done before on a prelude forum already. Most of the JDM navigations found in the oddyseys, preludes and honda sabers etc. are the same ones adopted for the US options found in the Acura 1999-2003 TL,CL,RL etc.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Hmm a lot of interesting information.

I knew there was a Navi system for the early honda's but i didn't know how they worked or that they were cross compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
                      You are probably thinking about the 1st generation honda navigation systems like in the pre 88under hondas. I have the 2-piece version of the alpine unit and I believe the dash mount version still uses satellite since the menu and interface looks very similar.

What sucks about it is that it comes with a brain and a cd-rom (not even dvd) that you have to manually open just to switch out. I believe they are region protected too so you can't just find a different country cd-rom and switch it.....i wish but I've been trying to source a 1st generation Acura CL,TL,RL navigation unit that is similiar that uses a US CD-ROM to confirm this.....but then again I doubt honda updated the USA maps and stuffed all the new information on a regular cd-rom. All the navigations today now use a DVD-rom or come preloaded on a HD.

With certain alpine units, it's possible to swap the japanese brain of the unit with a similar US model. It's been done before on a prelude forum already. Most of the JDM navigations found in the oddyseys, preludes and honda sabers etc. are the same ones adopted for the US options found in the Acura 1999-2003 TL,CL,RL etc.
                      hahaha yes I was thinking of the 1st gen. on the legends

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/30/h...at-its-finest/

more like a map?

Comment

First time I've seen it, looks pretty dope
                          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

That's so awsome

Comment

Working...
                            X