Door speakers go out when bass hits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door speakers go out when bass hits??

Okay so as of recent i installed 2 '12 inch subs powered by a 2 channel amp. At first it worked fine but then after a while everytime i hit a pothole or a bump on the road the door speakers would go out so i assumed they were grounding out so i taped off all the bare metal around the 6x9's in the back but the problem continues and now everytime i turn the deck up past say 18 eventually the door speakers will stop playing. Im guessing either the amp is pulling too much power and isnt leaving much for the door speakers OR i just need stronger door speakers. Any ideas, comments, or concerns are greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    Okay so as of recent i installed 2 '12 inch subs powered by a 2 channel amp. At first it worked fine but then after a while everytime i hit a pothole or a bump on the road the door speakers would go out so i assumed they were grounding out so i taped off all the bare metal around the 6x9's in the back but the problem continues and now everytime i turn the deck up past say 18 eventually the door speakers will stop playing. Im guessing either the amp is pulling too much power and isnt leaving much for the door speakers OR i just need stronger door speakers. Any ideas, comments, or concerns are greatly appreciated.
    If it was your speakers being over powered you would hear them clicking ie bottoming out. If you think your amp is drawing two much power check your voltige when you system is on. Me I run my lights AC dome lights and then turn my deck on and check my voltige if it drops below 12 volts there's a power issue. Honestly if I had a guess it would be a power/deck going out/ or your running a - to a + or grounding out. That's where you'll most likely find your problem.
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Thanks!!! I will check all of that out tomorrow and get back at you about it

Comment

Check your door speaker wiring for loose connections along their entire length. Loss of sound due to physical jarring leads me to suspect a loose connection somewhere leading to intermittent loss of signal.
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
        X