Brembo brakes for the low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brembo brakes for the low!

so im driving around Thailand and im noticing alot of cars with rims and Brembo brakes. im thinking to myself, other then the rims and some stickers most of these are very stock cars. im amazed that they would upgrade there brakes, especially with Brembo calipers. so im thinking, man they must be very inexpensive over here. maybe there is a Brembo factory in the region. so i set out to get to the bottom of this, if it was the case of inexpensive parts i was most certainly gonna come home with some new calipers.
    so i hit the first swap meet i find and hit up the " car shop" i could tell it was a car shop because of the goudy add on's they where sticking all over this truck outside.
    so im walking around and boom there they are. hanging in a lil box on a tack board? calipers can hang on a tack? nooooooooope.
    they are theses plastic covers that come in a wide variety of colors that you stick over your existing calipers........
    damn.
    so if anybody want a cheap brake upgrade, there you have it. i say they gotta add 4-5 hp and will probably really help you dig into those corners. tune on thailand

Been around for years now: http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...er-covers.html

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yup, never seen them. guess there not as hip in the states

Comment

a few shops around here got them.

it's an upgrade for the car owner that doesn't have deep pockets
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

How is it an upgrade?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It makes it seem like it brakes faster even though it probably is because it is not going very fast to begin with.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

My boys mighty car mod put a set on a car before those guys are awesome but those caliper covers are just sad....
              " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Why not just use caliper spray?

Comment

I saw some red ones on a blacked out 5 series. They look cheap.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Maybe I have seen them but could not tell the difference? I think I likely have which makes it cool in some sorts. Like the first time I saw spinning rims in person.
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
                    X