No announcement yet.

Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split shot comes in 22 oz singles, but is a brew they seem to do seasonally... If you were any closer I would just invite you over for a few!

I have seen a lot of breweries sell out over the lat few years to large corporations, but I also know most of those brew masters through my parents (who have heavily invested in beer and a few local pubs) and I can tell you those people will not stop making great beer, in fact most are just using the money to start new breweries!

I alo wanted to mention a beer I WOULD drink on a regular basis, but is only made seasonally for the Festival of the Dark Arts (dark beer fest!). The beer is called Black Dynamite by Seaside brewing. Should any of you make it to Oregon during February I highly recommend checking out this beer. Also had north to Astoria and try the breweries there, especially Fort George!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Alaskan Amber is really good too.
      Usually this, Stella, or Blue Moon but since I moved here I've been trying a new local beer every chance I get... Honestly havent found anything I like yet though, lots of reds and darker stuff which I'm not a huge fan of.

RIP my last two CB7s.
      New rides:
      '82 Volvo 245 drift project
      '87 Volvo 244 daily
      Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

My favorite: Miller High Life

I don't know why, but it is always so good.

I also like Stella Artois.

A few of my buddies actually started their own brewery Saint Archer Brew (old skateboarding friends from about a decade ago). But, its a bunch of skaters and surfers that got together to make their own beer and they are starting to get really popular. Local to Southern California, but they are getting this beer out to different areas. They recently partnered with Alaskan Airlines and you can drink one of their beers while on a flight with Alaskan. Anyways, if you somehow get a chance and can get some, then I would definitely give it a try.

Comment

I like red beer Super Bock from Portugal.

And an orginal beer with sugar add from Belgium.
          light alcohol (2.5) they also do beers aromatised with some fruits (cherry, peach...)

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Not a "beer" but Angry Orchard. The original crisp apple on tap. And 23 ounces at a time.
            Oh you like the traditional drink from Britanny with Buckwheat galettes.
            The breton cider it's often quite sweet (2-5&#37
            http://www.tripadvisor.fr/LocationPh....html#97390298
            Last edited by KLIOBZH; 04-22-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

For you IPA hating people, I just tried Goose Island's Rambler IPA. It's a 6.7% red ale without many of the super strong IPA characteristics. It's a fall beer too so its gone soon.

I also tried the Dogfish. And hayzeus.. Hands down, best American IPA I've ever had. Usually with these super hopped up beers, that's all you taste. With the 90 minute, you can actually taste malted flavors! Very nice brew, thanks for the suggestion Grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                For you IPA hating people, I just tried Goose Island's Rambler IPA. It's a 6.7% red ale without many of the super strong IPA characteristics. It's a fall beer too so its gone soon.

I also tried the Dogfish. And hayzeus.. Hands down, best American IPA I've ever had. Usually with these super hopped up beers, that's all you taste. With the 90 minute, you can actually taste malted flavors! Very nice brew, thanks for the suggestion Grumpy
                best American ipa? o boy........... I LOVE BEER! many many kinds. My favorite all time beer is pliney the elder, super super super hard to find! I'm a member of world of beer for when I go to florida and need a quality beer. I also really enjoy yuengling..

No where I've been in the country has beer like the north west.

also fuck sam adams. but their rebel ipa is the only thing I can stand from them.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

my favorite varies by day, or even by the hour. Sometimes I want a Hoegarten, sometimes a dopplebock, and very occasionally I'll take an IPA.

Sour beers are my latest infatuatuation, though. It started with an overstocked bottle of Petrus that a wine bar was heavily discounting, now if a bar has anything sour, I'll order it.

Shtiegl Radler is another recent favorite of mine, even if it's just 3%. I like having a beer in my hand all night as I talk to friends, and i happen to drink fairly quickly. Lower percentage beers like Radler allow me to not black out like I did in college.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm a huge beer snob, recently made the investment to build a bar with a kegerator in my basement!

Favorite beers usually switch up quite frequently, but as far as number one beer I can't get enough of is Heady Topper by The Alchemist. If you like strong IPA flavor, and are able to get your hands on this I recommend it.

My top five list at this moment,

1.Heady Topper
                    2.Smuttynose Finest Kinda IPA
                    3.Magic Hat #9
                    4.Rebel IPA
                    5.Otter Creek Fresh Slice

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      It's still weird to me to see FL people talking about Yuengling. That used to be exclusive to my area! Now it's in Florida, and it made its way up to New England a couple years ago as well.

Stuff like Bud Light has a place. It's not 'good beer', but it's refreshing. I was at a ballgame a couple weeks ago. After seeing all the Bud Light and Miller Lite guys walking around (as well as Stella... which was weird...), I wanted a crappy yellow beer. I wasn't paying $9 for a single bottle, so I held out until we went to Applebee's for dinner Got my crappy yellow beer.
                      I actually didn't know that! They have it on draft at almost every restaurant here; just had a few at Hooters yesterday. Miller/Bud Lite is usually reserved for minor league games and get togethers with friends.

What a good day looks like

The Facebook group

Comment

coming back from playa del carmen, im hooked on dos equis. Its cheap and goes well with tequila.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

We just had "BrewFest" here in Missoula. Unfortunately I was stuck working all day the whole weekend. Missed out on all of the free beer and a car show next to the festival.
                          Did see a lot of nice classic cars drive by my work since it's close-by where the festivities took place.

I hear many good things about the local brews, haven't found anything I'm too impressed with so far (other than some of the fancy bottles they come in).

RIP my last two CB7s.
                          New rides:
                          '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                          '87 Volvo 244 daily
                          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I was down in Charlottesville, VA this weekend, and I picked up a 6 pack of Devil's Backbone Azrael. It's a Belgian style ale. Fruity, and a little syrupy. Notes of banana. I'm not usually a fan of Belgian ales, as they're usually too floral or sticky-sweet for me... but this one was fantastic. I have one left, and I'm bummed... since they don't distribute up here. I should share it with a friend... but I'll probably just drink it tonight! I've never had a Devil's Backbone brew that I haven't liked. Even their IPA wasn't terrible. They're pretty accessible in their distribution area, so I figure anyone that can get their stuff has likely tried it... however, anyone who isn't from the VA area that visits... definitely look for some of their stuff!

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                            I'm a huge beer snob, recently made the investment to build a bar with a kegerator in my basement!

Favorite beers usually switch up quite frequently, but as far as number one beer I can't get enough of is Heady Topper by The Alchemist. If you like strong IPA flavor, and are able to get your hands on this I recommend it.

1.Heady Topper
                            3.Magic Hat #9
                            4.Rebel IPA
                            I love when people say "I'm a huge beer snob" and their list is full of mass-produced corporate swill that they believe is "craft beer" (Blue Moon, for example...)

Glad to see your list is actually good stuff! I'm not a fan of IPAs, but I know that's what all the breweries seem to be into these days.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post

1.Heady Topper
                              3.Magic Hat #9
                              4.Rebel IPA
                              Yes. Magic hat #9 is awesome. They sell a variety pack with different goodies in there. But apricot beer = win.

Comment

Slugging back a few brews today....as I do every Friday...working 4-10's is awesome! Love the 3 day weekend.

..now back to beer.

Not in order of preference this is how they are being pulled out of the fridge tonight.
                                HopCity Brewing Co. - Lawnchair (Weisse)
                                Double Trouble Brewing Co. - Fire in the Rye (Roasted Pale Ale)
                                Crazy Beard - Wild Apple Ale
                                Salzburger - Stiegl (beer)
                                2L Growler (draft) Shock Top Brewing Co. - Belgian White

Irish car bombs - 1/2 Can Guinness + 1oz O'Darby's Irish Cream + 1oz Jameson's Irish Wiskey = A Very Good Night!

I'm no beer snob..... and as far as all this hipster/lumbersexual/craft beer snobery shyte goes... I could care less if it is a craft beer or a mass produced beer. If it tastes good to me, I'll drink it! the stronger the beer and the higher the &#37; the better!

If I were a craft beer snob..... they would be a beer that you could only buy on tap in select pubs/restaurants or direct from the brewer. Anything that is sold at the store in bottles or cans is mass produced in my opinion!
                                Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-08-2015, 03:32 PM.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X