Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seeing other CB7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing other CB7s

Are you ever out driving and seeing another CB7 and thinking if they are into their car as you are with yours?

Whenever I'm out driving around i'll see other CB7. Drive up to them and give them a wave. They either give me a weird ass look or they will smile and wave back.

Most of the time when they give me a weird look is because they got the car for $500-$1000. They don't even know the chassis code is CB7. It's a beater daily driver. They don't care, it gets them from point A to B.

Also you don't see many Riced out Accords. Well not as much as the Civic. Gotta love those Civic drivers. Snap back hat, baby faced or can barely grow a beard and vape in hand.

I get all excited when i see a clean ass Cb7 driving around. Like when a kid sees his/her favorite super hero at the mall.

I don't know why. When I first saw my 93 accord i fell in love with it. Yeah it was $500 POS But it's my POS. I've completely rebuilt the whole top end of the engine bay. The only thing i haven't done to my car is the bottom end of the engine.

I don't know about you but I get really pissed when someone calls my car a POS. But most of the time when people say that shit they know NOTHING about cars. They don't know how much blood, sweat and tears ive put in that car.

I got off topic. I love the look of the older body style accords and preludes. Well i do like the ass end look of the 01 accords.
    Newer cars are bla. They look so cookie cutter. They all look the same. Also newer cars are more computer then machine now. It kind of sucks.

I would much rather get a super clean low mileage 4th gen accord or a Prelude then a brand new 2017 car with all the bells and whistles. That's just me tho.

Everytime I see a really clean cb7 I look it up and down, quickly check to see if it has any rust in the usual spots. Then get that certain feeling.

The cb7 may be a cheap car, but it is better in most ways than most cars I see on the road today. Plus it's easy to work on and fix stuff that breaks. (Except front rotors lol)

Can't stand when people talk shit about my cb7, especially if they don't have a reliable vehicle or can't work on their own car

Comment

I completely understand what you're talking about. There are about four CB7s within a mile radius of my home. Not one is looking at modifying it or anything, it's just their reliable daily driver. A few keep it looking clean, others... well lets just say I'd take it and give it a better home if I could.

I've had several people even offer me money for my car when they're just driving by because they're looking for a commuter car. Obviously it's a used car, it has a 'blue book value' to 99% of the population, but they just don't understand that it is a bit more than that to me (and the rest of use whom feel the same way).
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

haha, i think this all the time. The brown wagon i see at the grocery store, the clean arcadian green in the industrial area. But none are tricked out, and they don' t know what cb7 was. I remember having my car for a while before I learned of this site. It's the chassis code that throws people off. I don't go around now and memorize my chassis codes haha.... but all good.

But worst is when you have to pull up beside "the worst" version of your car at a red light. Worst = it's missing one hubcap, rusted, bumper hanging, never washed, gas stains down the side, old guy in it smoking.

I use to work with a newfoundlander guy doing roofing long ago and I'd drive with him in his cb7 while mine was stored. His cb7 was.. oh my. Rusted, windows off track, hole in exhaust, fumes in the cabin, steelie rustie wheels with different wheels on the thing, ball joints gone, and heavy tools in the trunk. haha funny guy. He'd drive around all the time with the gas light on, needle on empty. I remember saying to him one day on the way back in to town (20min drive), "you may want to get some gas". He'd say "naaa fuck man, there's still tons in there". He would indeed continue to drive around.
        I had told him I had an accord too but he never seen it, we never spoke of it. At the end of the summer I brought my car out and showed it to him parked beside his car. I'll never forget his expression..., he grabbed the brim of his ball cap, turned it sideways and said "holy fack man, that's not even the same car!" Great guy...

Comment

I have a business card I made up to leave on other CB7s I see. I had a guy drive by me this spring and I could see his head turn as he went by. He pulled into a parking lot to turn around, but I got there first. He had just gotten his 91 DX back from the body shop - it looked great. We had a too long conversation then went our separate ways. I gave him a card, but haven't heard from him since (I still have a door handle he was looking for). I don't think he's on here.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I definitely know the feeling. In my area these cars are a dying breed. Most of my friends that had CB's have either moved on to other cars or crashed them. Every once in a while I'll see a fine bone stock garage kept example and I can't help but turn my head as I drive by. There's a white sedan I pass on my commute every day, but the driver seems to just use it as an A2B. I did recently see another accord my color in a parking lot, exhaust and a few stickers, but otherwise stock. I had to pull into the spot next to it and take a picture. Never did see the owner though.

A few years ago I was driving in my girlfriend's car and saw a red cb with a cb7tuner.com sticker in the window and I was so bummed that I wasn't driving my car that day. I never did figure out who it was and I haven't seen the car again.

I remember the first time I saw a modified accord, it was a Publix employee in my area, same color as mine lowered with wheels, slotted rotors, red calipers and an exhaust. It was way before I ever knew about this website (maybe around 2005) and it was the first time it occurred to me that my car could look cool. I honestly didn't even like my car until I started frequenting here. Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever sees my car or other accords and has the same epiphany I did.
            Last edited by Mike1357; 09-15-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I used to see CB7s like crazy around my area. Now, they're few and far between... and those that I see are either in terribly neglected condition, or terribly modified condition. I can't remember the last time I saw a CB7 in great shape that wasn't owned by someone I know!

I miss mine like crazy. If I had the time, space, and money to get another one right now, I would. Having spent 15 years with my old one, I find myself wanting to try something new... but the CB7 was still the most fun I've had with a car (and I currently have a CTS-V and a Miata!)

Comment

In my town there are maybe 2-3 other coupes/sedans besides mine and a wagon, all of which seem to be daily drivers. One of the ones happens to live in my same subdivision and looks fairly well kept but the rest are raggedy. I guess for now mine looks raggedy too but at least it has a strong "heart"

Comment

So the common things are:

1. We all do the head turn, or the other person head turns. More of an animal instinct now which has been honed to see another cb7 from far great distances haha

2. In 5-10 years we will be rare. We will come to a point where the last of the daily driver 300,000+ mile cars are dying off. In time I think I may be the only one to have a cb7; i'm the only modified one I know of on eastern Canada.

I can't wait!

Comment

i live mainly in LA and for every 10 CB7s I see, about 8 out of 10 are sedans, 1 is a wagon, and 1 is a coupe. Of all the CB7s I've seen, only mine is modified. I can't help and turn "instinctively" and check out other CB7s on the road, but they're all dailys. I don't mind that at all. I like the idea of bein a rare breed of car enthusiasts rather than some common kid with a eg Honda Civic sedan or hatch. So here's to having our cars for a long time

Comment

I agree. There is a guy in my area that has a white '92 sedan which he uses as a daily & looks beautiful. No rust.(makes me jealous because I have some rust on the QPs). But, like you all said, he probably doesn't realize what an awesome car he has.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

I see a lot of them around my area but I've only seen like two others that were "modified". Plenty more modded Civs and Teggys and stuff but Preludes and Accords are rare in modded form.

Like others have said its nice to have a different approach to the Honda scene. I like pulling up in an unexpected Honda and not the same old Civic.

Love revving that big block at the sub 2.0 crowd, they return the noise in plenty lol. Was cruising behind some Civics today making noise through the city.

That's the only problem with the CB7 really, finding others to cruise with while out and about!

Comment

I know of at least 5 guys near me that mod their cars. Out of the 5 people only one I talk to on a regular basis. As for the other four?

One lives about 30 min north but I only know him from my days of living around in the same city he did and meeting him when he stopped me one day to talk about my old coupe and sedan.

The other three? We rarely see each other only because we are all so busy with our personal lives and they are about an hour away from where I reside now so the only time we really get to hang out and catch up is if we either meet up or if we hit up the local dragway for a car show.

Come to think of it the last meet we ever had was 2 summers ago, huge turn out for what it was but after that everyone just disbanded and went separate ways.

Modded CB7s are pretty rare up here at least in New England.

Couple of OGs on a FB page are putting together a meet for Oct. 14 so you should check it out.

That's the crappy part about meets now. No one posts on the forums about it because everyone has migrated to the Facebook pages for info, mods, etc.

I even had one guy tell me that the forum is out dated which is why they stick to the pages.

I still find myself browsing some OG MRs for ideas and goals.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Nothing outdated about the forum. Just easier to be spoon fed on Facebook. 99&#37; of the questions I've seen on Facebook have been answered here long ago.
                            There really aren't many noteworthy new products made for the cb7 these days anyway. Not a lot of "current" info to discuss anymore. Though everyone seems to get excited about the latest low-end coilovers or trendy knockoff wheel brand on Facebook.

Comment

I get excited when I see a few "unpopular" modded cars...CBs, Ludes, CR-Vs, Odysseys, etc.

Hell, I don't see many modded anything where I live and work although there is this very nice Alpine White E60 that I see on my commute sometimes. The tuner culture is on the north side of Atlanta and Gwinnett area. That's where I see the most rice, slammed, stanced, boosted, whatever fad.

Speaking of unpopular, I have an itch for a rotary...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X