Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a4 CD5 to CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a4 CD5 to CB7

Hello everyone,

I know that this may have been covered but I have searched and couldn't bring anything up, specifically, regarding the following matter.

There is a 1994 CD5 for sale locally with an already swapped in H22a4. I want to buy it and swap everything over to my '92 Lx. The '94 is even an Ex so I can use the suspension to do my rear disc upgrade. Anyway, from what I know the '94 should be Obd1 and should have all of the wiring already done to have it work in my CB. Can I use the CD's wiring harness? If not I'll figure it out and just use the CD's wiring as a template of what to do on my CB. The swap would seem to be just like putting a CD5's stock motor in a CB, since all of the wiring for the H22a4 has already been done, right? I may not be ready for this......

There is also a 1992 Prelude with a swapped JDM H22a that is close-ish to me and would be worth the drive to snag it up. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank's people!

To convert your wire harness to support to H22a. All you have to do is add 2 wires. One to the vtec solenoid and one for the knock sensor. Not too complicated and there are a couple DIYs on how to do it. For the map sensor you can simply run your Accord stock map sensor that connects through a vacuum line and not have to require your plug to match the throttle body mounted map.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I thought 94 and up were OBDII. Still possible just more work.

Comment

I think it was 95 v6 is obd2. I believe up to 97 was obd1 if you got the 4 banger.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Obd2 began in 96, though I think you may be correct about the v6 in 95.
          The 94 EX should be obd1... IF the owner didn’t do the crazy thing and convert it to Obd2 for the h22a4 swap (because the h22a4 IS obd2).

Since the engine should’ve been converted to obd1, be sure nothing important was halfassed. Also, if it doesn’t come with an obd1 p13 ECU, it would be wise to get one. The alternative is a chipped ecu of some sort, and that can be a headache when trying to troubleshoot your swap.

Comment

Thank you all!

I just sent the seller a message asking for more details. I jumped the gun and asked questions before I have the funds but I see the potential and need to know things, dang it!

Can I link the posting here without getting into trouble?

I'll post an update when I know more.....

Comment

So, the seller "thinks" that the ECU is OBD2.... I will really have to go look at the car and see if they'll allow me to lift the carpet up and look at the ECU. If not I know that there are some other ways of telling, like the fuel injector resistor box and distributor wires, right? Any more ways to tell like sensor connectors and hints of splicing?

I am going to have to pay attention with this one, as I don't think the seller did the swap. but with the rear disc and sway bar upgrade (front and rear sway bars, actually), Enkei's, H22a4 engine and trans, Tein's, Mishimoto rad - which wont work but can make me a little money back, AEM CAI, and Mugen exhaust the $1350 asking price sounds pretty darn good not to pass up.

Comment

Post pics and is the H22 running? If you are buying and they don’t allow you to lift the carpet. They may be hiding something.
                ~Nick~

Comment

Code:
                  Post pics and is the H22 running? If you are buying and they don’t allow you to lift the carpet. They may be hiding something.
                  I am going to look at the CD5 tomorrow and I will post pics. Yes, the ad says that the car is running and I will verify that when I look it over manana. There is supposed to be a storm moving in overnight so the inspection may have to wait till another day, but I'll keep this updated.

The seller seems really reasonable and I am sure that I will get to lift the carpet. I hope there's a P13 under there!

Here's the ad:

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto...817387026.html

Comment

Honestly, if all that comes with it is in good shape, it’s probably worth getting no matter what. You could always convert the engine to obd1 if it hasn’t been, and you could dig up a p13.

Comment

H22A4 is an OBD2 engine. It should have been converted for use in a 94 Accord as the 94 is OBD1. To convert it properly you would need a distributor, injectors and resistor box, and to bypass the cam and crank sensors.
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

It took too long for this update, guys...

I finally made it and looked at the car (CD5). Unfortunately, I obtained no pictures, I know and I am sorry about that.

The car is in good shape and purrs like a kitten. There are no leaks anywhere, and no knocks but the clutch master cylinder is bad. The car moves it's just hard to shift and the pedal doesn't spring back.

The trans is a T2T4 and the ECU is a P0F.

What do you think?

Comment

That’s a good transmission. What was the asking price? You could probably make most of it back selling everything you don’t need. The shell alone should get you $200 back.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Code:
                            Grumpys93, That’s a good transmission. What was the asking price? You could probably make most of it back selling everything you don’t need. The shell alone should get you $200 back.
                            Grumpy, The asking price is a firm $1350. I'll sell the parts that won't fit (dang it that rad and upper Tanabe strut bar are beautiful though!).

Code:
                            4GAccordH22,	H22A4 is an OBD2 engine. It should have been converted for use in a 94 Accord as the 94 is OBD1. To convert it properly you would need a distributor, injectors and resistor box, and to bypass the cam and crank sensors.
                            4GAccordH22, The car is definitely OBD1 because from what I can gather the P0F, in it, is an OBD1 JDM ECU. It's not tuneable but I'll run it for a while. Prolly speed governed though?

Code:
                            deevergote, Honestly, if all that comes with it is in good shape, it’s probably worth getting no matter what. You could always convert the engine to obd1 if it hasn’t been, and you could dig up a p13.
                            Deev, I am going to pick the car up by Friday, it's mine!

Comment

Originally posted by MOGOTP View Post

Code:
                              4GAccordH22,	H22A4 is an OBD2 engine. It should have been converted for use in a 94 Accord as the 94 is OBD1. To convert it properly you would need a distributor, injectors and resistor box, and to bypass the cam and crank sensors.
                              4GAccordH22, The car is definitely OBD1 because from what I can gather the P0F, in it, is an OBD1 JDM ECU. It's not tuneable but I'll run it for a while. Prolly speed governed though?
                              The car is OBD1 and the engine is originally an OBD2 engine. Once the engine is converted to OBD1 it will run on an OBD1 ECU. You just might want to make sure it was converted properly. It can be done incorrectly and not cause any issues until much later.

I had an OBD2 H22A1 (95 Prelude) in my Accord and used the distributor and intake manifold with fuel rail and injectors from an OBD1 H22A1. The crank sensor was removed when I rebuilt it.
                              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                              X