Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boosting the H22 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have boosted a stock h22a and now a fully built h22a. I can say that I never had problems with the engine with both motors, but I can say that I had someone with a lot of experience to tune it and I didn't cheap out on any parts. The funny thing is, although I never had any problems with the motors, it's all the other small stuff that tends to break when you boost a car that's not supposed to be boosted. So with that being said, if you want to boost a healthy stock h22a, go for it! Have it tuned well and enjoy it, but keep in mind that you will be replacing other parts, so I hope you have a second car to drive around in.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

This is what I was trying to tell alot of people on here about boosting motors that just werent meant for boost and a car to just buy a boost a car that wasnt meant to be car thats boosted in the first place.

I mean when you boost a car that wasnt meant for boost your asking for it and for the amount that you paid replacing this and that you could have brought one and rode it alot longer without having to replace alot. But with boost or juice it may cost you a little may cost you alot but its going to cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by tabaccord19 View Post
        Okay this thread is something that I was looking into seeing as I have already done a bit of work on my F22 (just bolt on's mainly). But had thought about boosting an H22. After seeing this It seems that the majority say to boost the F22 if you are looking to do a turbo build correct?

Also I know I will need forged internals and that gets expensive fast. Also Bisimoto has the engine building services and from what everyone says they are the best for the F-series. Which package would be best through them. (I am new to the whole rebuilding part. But that is all that is left really to do to go faster)
        If bisimoto headers are nearly 1k, I can only imagine how much a rebuild is x,x
        Last edited by tutsuo; 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM.
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        Originally posted by deevergote
        den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

A rebuild through them is only about $3500; pretty standard in the industry.
          Last edited by Joey GT-R; 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
            If bisimoto headers are nearly 1k, I can only imagine how much a rebuild is x,x
            Keep in mind, for the header, you're paying for considerable R&D, and a limited production (pretty much a one-off production, unless you get in on a group-buy). With a built engine, they're using parts that are available on demand from other companies. Bisimoto MAKES their headers (well, they contract out to specialty welding shops). Bisimoto does not make sleeves, rods, pistons, valvetrain components, etc... They order them to their own specs in many cases, and they will install them (though serious machine work is often contracted out), but they don't manufacture most of what they sell. They understand it fully, but they know better than to try to reinvent the wheel.

Comment

I explored both options, I plan on running way more then 8-12psi so either motor in my case will need sleeves, the problem and deciding factor for me came when I realized how few companies make forged Rods for the f22 and damn are they proud of them lol

If your running stock block then the f is nicer being pistons are cheaper for iron sleeves, if high boost and a built block/rotating assembly is in your plans then personally the h is cheaper to source parts for and you have more options

Click it.... You know you wanna
              Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

I boosted the H22A, Bone stock on 6 pounds 240HP / 200TQ. Ill post a dyno sheet soon.
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Awesome. How's it running ? How long do you think its going to last ?
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

You'll blow a ringland soon enough. Start saving for a rebuild, so you're prepared when it happens.

What turbo did you end up using?

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
                      I explored both options, I plan on running way more then 8-12psi so either motor in my case will need sleeves, the problem and deciding factor for me came when I realized how few companies make forged Rods for the f22 and damn are they proud of them lol

If your running stock block then the f is nicer being pistons are cheaper for iron sleeves, if high boost and a built block/rotating assembly is in your plans then personally the h is cheaper to source parts for and you have more options
                      I understand that sleeves are nice and all, but I doubt they will be needed.

I run 22-24psi on my MHI-16g, and its been runnning very strong for over a year now on stock sleeves. I built the motor with forged goodies, but didn't sleeve it. I don't really think itll need it either.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Stock sleeves will easily handle 12-14psi from a properly sized turbo with a good tune.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                          I boosted the H22A, Bone stock on 6 pounds 240HP / 200TQ. Ill post a dyno sheet soon.
                          Congratulations!!!!

What parts did you use? Who did your tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                            Congratulations!!!!

What parts did you use? Who did your tune?
                            Bone stock, T3/T4 (60/63) Turbo from gdoutaccord(cb7tuner member), log manifold, Top Dead Center (Nevada Ave,Norfolk) did my tune

Comment

Never heard of Top Dead Center....but then again I never went into Norfolk, only to Va Beach at the car wash. Home Depot in Newport News and the Town Center was where it was at on the Peninsula. What was your software?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply guys, I am tuned on NepTune. The car runs great. BUT ! gdoutaccord told me becarful with boost because its addictive and so it is ! i am now sleeving rod pistions the works... should be done mid Nov.

PS- Hassan from TDC tuned my car

when that turbo starts to spool and you slowly begin to get sucked into your seat, as boost increases you... i <3 turbo
                                Last edited by tutsuo; 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X