Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay...why use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan of ebay I guess then. Never heard of ebay headers cracking either. I've heard of turbo manifolds, but not headers. My freind and I have both run ebay headers from different sellers on ebay without any problems. I guess I'm lucky.

Comment

ebay is really a great place to get just about anything! just like everyone else has said you have to know what your looking for there are alot of people on there saying they have a name brand part and its knock off you just have to be very careful in what you choose i have had nothing but good luck on ebay.

even performance parts and motors. thats right if you know how to use ebay and find the right seller you can get dang good motors off ebay. i have bought plenty of motors off ebay and they where just as described solid motors that are still running strong to this day.

i even bought a 91 twin turbo Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 off ebay. 10 grand shipped all the way from AZ to MS. it was the best 10 grand i ever spent i love doing 200MPH everywhere i go!

all in all i really dont like hearing people knock ebay! like someone else said if it wasnt for ebay ( besides a few other select places) we would have to go to japan to get our JDM parts and i know we all love the JDM parts!

just thought about the one time i almost got screwed on ebay was buying the 3000gt not the one i have but the first one i was going to buy on ebay.
      i was just about to send the woman selling the car the deposit of 5 grand when i got a call from ebay security they told me not to send this moman any money that she had already sold the car and was just going to get me for the deposit and didnt even have the car anymore. so ebay is looking out for you on big purchases. but i didnt let that one person get me down i got my 3000gt off ebay and am very happy with it.

and you do have some legal rights on ebay if you do get screwed also using paypal to buy everything off ebay is the only way to go they garranty the purchase.
      Last edited by DBCustoms; 01-24-2008, 05:30 AM.
      Dave Estes (owner of) DB Customs & Automotive Repair

http://www.automotivecustomworld.com
      Just check it out!!

free people search http://www.dbcustoms.ws

Comment

You just have to know know what is the cheap stuff and what is actually legit. for example if your looking for suspension you obviously should save the money for a decent name brand! since this is your ride your talking about compared to just buying cheap no name ebay coilovers! you'll be wasting time and money and have a bumpy ride. some stuff even though on ebay are still legit like the taillights we buy, even the amber corners. You also might fiind those rare JDM stuff one in a while if you constantly search. use ebay wisely my friend

I-SR 6

Comment

Ebay is like anything else - it's a resource, a tool. As with any kind of resource, you need to be a cautious and informed consumer. There are GOOD ebay retailers, and there are BAD ebay retailers. You've had bad experiences with ebay, and so have I> That's good, because it allows us to inform others to be cautious. To automatically steer newcomers away from a potentially valuable resource, however, is irresponsible IMO. People need to be cautious wherever they buy their merchandise. If something seems like it's too good to be true, it probably is. Keep your expectations realistic. If you're expecting to open your shipping box and find an honest-to-God G-Square grille for the meager price of $35+shipping, you're going to be sorely disappointed. If you're careful, on the other hand, and you check a seller's rating and their feedback, and you expect to buy one for $200+, you're probably going to get what you expected to find.

To whit: don't expect an audiophile-quality stereo from WalMart and don't expect an authentic Bomex body kit from ebay for $150.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end
          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

I shop on ebay for some brand name products online. jUst remember u get what u pay for.My rule of thumb is, if u cant find information on a brand they selling or and web site that has information on that product, like a off brand thing, then its prob crap.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Here's a perfect example... Apexi VAFC for under $100

There's nothing wrong with shopping on ebay. There are good parts as well as bad on there.

The question isn't "why do people still buy from ebay if all the parts are crap", it's "why do people assume that ANYTHING purchased on that auction site is crap"

If you didn't get your shitty parts from ebay, you'd be buying them from catalogs, speed shops, or other online stores. If you want a header, and have $75... your options are a.) save up another $300, or b.) buy a cheapo part that won't do a damn thing because you're ignorant of how such things work, and your buddy said you need a header.

Ebay is an auction site. They don't make parts. I buy things from ebay all the time. I've bought great name-brand stuff for cheap, like my UR crank pulley... and I've bought "ebay parts", like my front end rebuild kit (LBJs most likely will NOT be going on! )

The "bad side" of ebay is simply due to a lack of education, for most cases. Not always (such as that guitar... you couldn't have known it was bad), but in many cases... if the deal is GREAT, it might just be too good to be true. Ebay prices aren't what they used to be... you can't get gold for pennies, either buying or selling. Sometimes you get lucky, but the less you pay, the greater the risk you run of getting exactly what you pay for! The best situation is when you're looking for something that nobody else wants... it's gold to you, junk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                The question isn't "why do people still buy from ebay if all the parts are crap", it's "why do people assume that ANYTHING purchased on that auction site is crap"

If you didn't get your shitty parts from ebay, you'd be buying them from catalogs, speed shops, or other online stores. If you want a header, and have $75... your options are a.) save up another $300, or b.) buy a cheapo part that won't do a damn thing because you're ignorant of how such things work, and your buddy said you need a header.
                hahaha where do you get this shit from? crazy funny, so true hahahha
                .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

i got off ebay $67 "optionracing" 4-2-1 heads the quality ain't bad
                  back at it again

Comment

Really, the only difference is that you're dealing with a bunch of individual sellers. Since you're not buying from one company, it's hard to go based on a reputation. It has progressed to the point where people are known on ebay as reliable sellers, though (don't always go by feedback... it's not always accurate)

Comment

well I think Camurai said it pretty well.

I'm just trying to raise awareness...just in case...

doing my part to add the warning label is all
                      ____

Comment

i went by how long he was a member (racinghouse) on ebay
                        back at it again

Comment

i vote ebay is the way to go. so what if its not skunk 2 manifold. does the same job.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_accord_ex
                            i vote ebay is the way to go. so what if its not skunk 2 manifold. does the same job.
                            Actually... a product with a lot of engineering behind it differs GREATLY from one that is a cheap knockoff. Just because something looks the same on the outside doesn't mean it does the same thing... especially with things regarding airflow.

You, my friend, seem like the type to opt for "option b".

Bottom line... educate yourself. Just like when buying food. You can spend a lot of money on really good, healthy food... or you can spend a little bit of money on crap. The expensive healthy food can be found at fancy supermarkets. The cheap crap can be found at the little junky grocery stores. However, you CAN find good food for cheap at the little junky grocery stores, if you know what you're looking for. Ebay is that little junky store. Lots of crap, but if you know what to look for, you'll get a good deal. Sometimes you'll get burned... but then again, you have to know what's safe to buy and what isn't. Some things just shouldn't be bought used sight-unseen.

Comment

good words man good words
                              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                                Actually... a product with a lot of engineering behind it differs GREATLY from one that is a cheap knockoff. Just because something looks the same on the outside doesn't mean it does the same thing... especially with things regarding airflow.

You, my friend, seem like the type to opt for "option b".

Bottom line... educate yourself. Just like when buying food. You can spend a lot of money on really good, healthy food... or you can spend a little bit of money on crap. The expensive healthy food can be found at fancy supermarkets. The cheap crap can be found at the little junky grocery stores. However, you CAN find good food for cheap at the little junky grocery stores, if you know what you're looking for. Ebay is that little junky store. Lots of crap, but if you know what to look for, you'll get a good deal. Sometimes you'll get burned... but then again, you have to know what's safe to buy and what isn't. Some things just shouldn't be bought used sight-unseen.

[/thread]

____

Comment

Working...
                                X