INT : P12 Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topcop182

So, as long as it has the number "P12" on it?
    doesn't matter the rest of the number?

corolla/accord

Comment

Originally posted by dave-xrs View Post
      So, as long as it has the number "P12" on it?
      doesn't matter the rest of the number?
      Yes sir, I have a p12 now, I feel the car more peppier, she has even better low end power, I have sohc 2.0, I wouldn't pay no more than 40 bucks for a p12 tho, if anything If its more than that, jus save up for a new I'M and ecu.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Yes sir, I have a p12 now, I feel the car more peppier, she has even better low end power, I have sohc 2.0, I wouldn't pay no more than 40 bucks for a p12 tho, if anything If its more than that, jus save up for a new I'M and ecu.
        thanks.
        I'll try junk yard first.

corolla/accord

Comment

Tryin to do this right now, but having a hard time unplugging the plugs from the stock ecu lol

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
            Tryin to do this right now, but having a hard time unplugging the plugs from the stock ecu lol
            Yeah that was a pain lol.
            wat?

Comment

so how many of you guys got the CEL light on besides one person???

Comment

sooo after the whole plug in there is nothin to be changed??? just plug it in and start playing ???

Comment

Good write up. I wish I would have searched and found this yesterday. I did everything like descirbed but thought I was missing something when it came to bolting the P12 into place. I am heading to Home Depot tomorrow to get something to pad around the edges. Right now I am only getting some very minor vibrations from it just sitting under the plate. I figured it would be rattling like crazy but so far it is only when I have to get on the brakes hard or over a big bump.

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
                  so how many of you guys got the CEL light on besides one person???
                  I just installed mine yesterday. Found an Auto to go into my AUTO and no codes. I havent completely beat the piss out of it but have rode it to redline a couple times and no codes.

Originally posted by Sneakerhead28 View Post
                  sooo after the whole plug in there is nothin to be changed??? just plug it in and start playing ???
                  Correct. That is all I did to mine and it is working great.

Comment

ALRIGHT THANKS

Comment

How would the P12 react to the a6 lower plenum and H22 upper intake manifold setup? I got my setup complete with PT6 and need to know which one would be better for that.

Comment

I tried this, having a complete A6 intake manifold, and 1.) You either have to open or close your butterfly system, the p12 won't operate the IABs. If you take the pt6 out, and install the p12, when you start the car, your butterfly system will stay closed. They'll never open. Therefore, you only having 4 ports at all times, instead of the 4 ports before 4700rpms, and the 8 ports after 4700rpms. 2.) You're basically running a a1/a4 intake manifold, so probably less power than you already have, with having the option of 8 ports opening. 3.) If you take the butterflies out, so all 8 ports are open at all times, with tiny upgrades i/h/e, say goodbye to your low end.

With the IAB system closed (4 ports open at all times), I felt more of a bottom end, but nothing in top. Lost power in top end. With the butterflies out, my take off was horrible, and top end wasn't really much of a gain, being that the pt6 is set to give you more fuel after 4700rpms, which the p12 doesn't. The p12 also isn't set/tuned from the factory, to give gain from the more aggressive A6 camshaft.

The only people that will see a gain is people with an a1/a4 intake manifold, with a pt3 ecu. This coming from someone who did it, and I THOUGHT I felt more power, but I remember racing my friends Auto Saturn Ion, and pullin' away. With the p12, they were pullin' away. Stick with the pt6.
                        Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM.
                        98' Mustang 3V Swap
                        11' VW CC R36

Comment

will a p12 plug and play good with my 1993 10th Ann Ed CB7 , just wanted to know

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                            will a p12 plug and play good with my 1993 10th Ann Ed CB7 , just wanted to know
                            Do you still have the a1? Then yes.

Comment

Crap now to find one. i saw one on craigslist for 20 bucks and waiting for the email back from person .. i thnked you for answering my question

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

i just installed a p12 on my a4 and now im getting an idle surge from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm. idk should i try and reset the ecu.??

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Working...
                                X