Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

advance timeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advance timeing

hey i was woundering if are cars has any type of advance timeing we car do to are cars

86 supra NA (sold)
    91 Supra turbo (drifter)
    99 prelude SH (only when i wanna hit V-attack)
    91 accord (turbo soon dead) "crashed"
    97 civic hatch GSR-T (my babys mama ride) (stolen)

not unless you have extensive engine mods and a adjustable timing gear.

what are you running currently?

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

I think he might be talking about ignition timing... Just twist the distributor.

It does nothing but shift the powerband around. I've been told no damage can be done, but Honda says that it's not safe to set the timing more than 2 degrees off of the stock setting (which is 15 degrees).

There's no point, really... no point in ignition OR cam timing adjustments, at least to a near-stock car.

Comment

hey civickiller my cars is just basic I/H/E and p12 thats all

deevergote thanks iam talkin about advance ignition timeing, so it wont do anything to my car if i advance the ignition timeing,

my friend has a sentra S-ER and i was able to hang with his car but then he advanced his timeing and now he justs pulls me everytime

86 supra NA (sold)
        91 Supra turbo (drifter)

Comment

All it does is shift the powerband. Advancing it will gain top end, lose bottom end. Retarding it will do the opposite. You SHOULDN'T do any damage even at the extremes, but Honda recommends staying at 15... no lower than 13, and no higher than 17. It's not smart to adjust your timing without a timing light (cheap... $40 or so at most autoparts stores).

If it's a B13 or B14 SE-R that your friend has, it has the 140hp SR20DE engine... and both cars weigh a good deal less than a CB7 (which has 140hp maximum). If it's a B15 SE-R, he's got 165hp, again in a lighter car (though the weight difference between the CB7 and the B15 is slight)

Comment

Originally posted by mn_cb7_boi View Post
            hey civickiller my cars is just basic I/H/E and p12 thats all

deevergote thanks iam talkin about advance ignition timeing, so it wont do anything to my car if i advance the ignition timeing,

my friend has a sentra S-ER and i was able to hang with his car but then he advanced his timeing and now he justs pulls me everytime
            yeah on those cars when you advance the timing and use higher octane fuel they respond better. I did this to my ser last summer. I've tried the same thing on my cb7 and i've noticed nothing.

Comment

yea he has a b13 sr20de wow with such a small advancement can to that much to a ser nice lol to bad it dosent work for are cars, i wounder if i advance my timeing and pump higher octane will it improve it by a few ponies

86 supra NA (sold)
              91 Supra turbo (drifter)

Comment

Originally posted by mn_cb7_boi View Post
                yea he has a b13 sr20de wow with such a small advancement can to that much to a ser nice lol to bad it dosent work for are cars, i wounder if i advance my timeing and pump higher octane will it improve it by a few ponies
                fuck it... just take out that supra you got in your sig....

then beat him sideways!

Comment

there's a red mark on the flywheel on my 92 DX accord, does that relate to the 15 degrees alignement of the distributor?? There are also three closely spaced white lines on the other side of the white timing mark.

Can someone explain what all those marks are? I've been curious about them for a while, and I though it had to do with an outer boundary on the timing (marking 15 degrees or whatever.)

Comment

My car has advancement on timing depending on what grade fuel i use. Along with another program map thats int he computer which gives it more torque and power.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      My car has advancement on timing depending on what grade fuel i use. Along with another program map thats int he computer which gives it more torque and power.
                      , Are you ever going to give up coming to this site and causing useless drama.
                      You need to grow up kid, noone gives a shit about your car or what you have to say about it.
                      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

You need to grow up kid, noone gives a shit about your car or what you have to say about it.
                        He didnt say anything offensive. He was just saying what he did to his car. Im sorry but your quote was . Please stop hating on him.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                        '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                        '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

lol yea my supra and prelude will take that B13 hands down but i wanna see what i can do with the CB first since thats my underdog car lol

sideways lol i like that Flatline lol

86 supra NA (sold)
                          91 Supra turbo (drifter)

Comment

i have always played with my timing on my cb. when u retard the it it uses way less gas and is real slow out the hole and doesn't have much power just riding around but when you get it above 4 grand it comes to life. advance it and its has WAY more torque just puttin around town and your high rpm isn't all that bad. i kept mine all the way advanced. but noticed my A6 would pull a little harder wit it retarded but not having that low rpm power

the rebuild!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

retard too much and pre-detonate..knock knock knock..advancing...eh...no hurt...have to rev a little to get the power.

However a stock f22's peak hp is at 5600 and torque is around 4400??? either way redline is 6250 or something...can't advance too much.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X