No spark, no start... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark, no start... help!

Ok... here's the deal. I was driving down the road and the car just died, I was going down a hill so the engine was turning with out actually being on. Thought it could have been the ignition coil but it isn't. I am getting no spark before and after I swapped the coil... I am stumped, it cranks, the timing belt is not broken and there is no physically apparent damage to anything around the ignition system. Has anyone encountered this problem in the past? If so, did you find the solution? Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Main relay?

Comment

I've got a fuel supply system and vehicle speed sensor codes... my speedometer does goes in and out. Let me look into the fuel system and then re-post.
      Codes 17, 41 and 43.
      Last edited by Apexbender; 08-29-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The fuel pump is working (I can hear it) same thing with the injectors... I am missing spark... I've change the main relay in the past about 7 years ago. Could it go bad that quick?

Comment

Have you tested the igniter?
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I'm assuming you've made sure that their is fuel coming out of the injector. And that's why you're moving on to spark issue.

Last edited by Tishock; 08-29-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Just because the pump makes noise doesn't mean it works, man. Test voltage from it if you can reach it. Check the basics like plugs, corroded rotor button/cap, oil in dizzy soaking igniter, oil on plug wires ect.. And I think 41 is O2 sensor, I think it's 41 or 61..

Comment

swap out igniter in the distributor ....

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Thank you for all the info guys, it sounds like it is the igniter I am going to test it right now... thank you for the video Tishock...

Comment

Checked the wiring and it works with an external ignition coil so the igniter is not like in the video above but the wires are alike so I checked and got no signal so I swapped the distributor and it is running like a champ! I will figure out if I can fix the old one with a new igniter so I can sell it forwards. Thank you again and have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                    X