Stupid Question for you SoCal Natives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvmyGen4
    Man you kids out here are wierd.... lmao -- answer is what I figured, so thanks : )

Ok - did you also notice that you have to PAY on turnpikes? (notice they're all FREEways out here)

The turnpike, well... ... it's a big mess of shit that's always under construction, basically

But seriously: tpke's are BIG in the northeast in general - i dunno know why, but the tolls you pay are there to, (in theory), help upkeep the roads. The shittiness of Pennsylvania roads is an entirely diff. issue in and of itself (my god, is it!!!)

A Pike is just another word for "highway" -- like Rte 309 back home is also called "Bethlehem Pike" -- parts of 313 are "dublin Pike" etc... describing the town that they lead to/ come from Just like out here there's "Hollywood Freeway" and "Santa Montica Freeway" . . and So on

So, a pike is a "main road" and it comes from way back when there was only one way to get somewhere

the TURNpike... is a toll road and actually refers to back in the day when they would collect your toll and turn open the "pike" - or a big bar blocking your way - to allow access/ exit

But there's only one Turnpike for PA ... and the other's are "routes" and "expressways" ... etc...- if you were in Philly... well theres the Blue Route, the Schuykill Expressway <affectionately known as the Sure-Kill b/c there is at least one near fatal to fatal accident at am rush hour and pm rush hour every day>

...yes, i am FULL of useless trivia
    Man I feel bad for my rents on the Pike. The BIG DIG is already showed its flaws lol

Im reppin 603 though formerly 508
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

You guys got ho's in different area codes?
      Yeah we tend to call it coke if its coke/pepsi, otherwise we call it soda. We don't call it pop, it just sounds a bit queer *jk!* But here's something else you know if you live in the south, You guys ever had iced tea, or sweet tea? People up north or out west never heard of it, lol!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        You guys got ho's in different area codes?
        Yeah we tend to call it coke if its coke/pepsi, otherwise we call it soda. We don't call it pop, it just sounds a bit queer *jk!* But here's something else you know if you live in the south, You guys ever had iced tea, or sweet tea? People up north or out west never heard of it, lol!
        Uhhh... what's sad is that I make better sweet tea then my husband who was born and raised in Louisiana... whenever we run out he's like "are you making more tea?" cause he just cant get it right

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
          Maybe HIGHways went through the mountains, or it has something to do with high speed...

Yes when I drove from B-more to Bethlehem, PA the cost in tolls was more than $15!?!?! What happened to state taxes to cover road building costs?

With all due respect PA road signs are the WORST I have ever encountered. Ended up close to the NJ border when I was coming back from Lancaster one night...
          Bethlehem ... what a ::cough:: interesting town...

Trust me -- I know ... I love how the freeways are so well marked out here but i'd take philly drivers over this BS any day - people out here need to grow some balls... and some eyes and turn signals (all due respect!)

And as a bit of trivia: PA has more roads, mile for mile, than ANY state in the USA -- They can't keep up with themselves on repairs and stuff - esp with the winters tearing the shit out of the pavement --but that also means theres half a million ways to get everywhere, so you learn to avoid the pricey shit

Comment

My mom makes tea all the time, my Dad asks her the same thing. And he's tried to make it before, he usually can't get it right either I don't know the reason, I never made any myself. You know whats good though? Tea and lemonade together

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

sugar, water, tea, more sugar.... what's not to get ?!!

Comment

i think you should make some tea for tomorrows meet...im getting kinda thirsty here

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

back in the days it was the 714 but now its the 909 and we kick it a little. from san bernardino to riverside two counties o a mission. but too bad some parts are 951( so cal)
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

fuckin 661 in the house... its cuz we all know the area codes cuz someone can live 5 miles and live ina completely different area code. so i dunno its easy to me, and it sounds fuckin gansta lol.

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

626 Pasadena

California Has so many area codes shit I remeber when we were 818 back in the day now...

area codes are like zip codes but shorter...

I had hoes in diffrent area codes 652,714,323 there all with in 10-15 miles...
                      1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                      -Nava

Comment

pasadena, ur only about an hour from me

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Holy 2 year old thread batman!

Originally posted by accordaffair
                          , You guys ever had iced tea, or sweet tea? People up north or out west never heard of it, lol!
                          Thats the only tea I know. My grandparants are from Georgia/Florida and I was partially raised on southern food. Chicken and dumplings, black eyed peas, collard greens, etc etc.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                          X