No announcement yet.

GhostAccord : 2001 Mazda Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir. She is a white 4 Dr 5spd CD5. Up here mine is the EX, same as the US LX I think. I'll have to take some time to do up a proper MRT this afternoon.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Back to the Tribute.....

Test fit of the serpentine belt with A/C and Power Steering delete and UD Crank Pulley........

Timing belt is on it's way......... Then I have to wait for someone to shovel the 8.5' of snow off the Tribute....lol
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-17-2015, 05:08 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Fitting the SVT intake on a non SVT head is a bit of a PITA. The port openings are not a simple bolt on and go configuration. There is porting work required. With a plastic intake manifold that is not easy!

Here is the port difference between an SVT intake manifold and the stock ZETEC head.

keep in mind this head has +1mm intake and exhaust seats/valves. That is why the ports have been opened up a little bit.

I also wanted to make mention that the transition onto the port floor from the SVT intake to the non SVT head needs some attention as well.

Here you can see that the intake transition is higher than the port floor of the head. It is actually high enough that the rubber intake gasket would be inside the port..... not good!

Now for those people who can TIG weld aluminum you could build up the non SVT head port floor to match the opening for the SVT intake. There is definitely not enough material on the plastic SVT intake to port match it to the head.... if welding is not your thing there is a fairly easy fix.

Remove the steel spacers from the plastic intake bolt holes. Eventually I will be replacing them with a set with a smaller ID. I may even drill a set with an offset hole.

This will allow you the 5mm of wiggle room to allow you to match the intake with the cylinder head port floor.

There is a slight lip still visible. That small amount can be taken care of with the light sanding with a flapper wheel.

Here is a throttle plate view down the runner and into the intake valve openings.

Not much for obstructions....Just the way I like it!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X