Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Accord V6 meets a wall in a hit and run - 56k WARNED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Accord V6 meets a wall in a hit and run - 56k WARNED!

so yeah this car...

which has suffered a breakin, a random beating, part theft and numerous other issues since moving out here to beautiful sunny southern california, was hit from behind by some assknob in a dk teal/ green, late model ford explorer friday night on Victoria Ave near Channel Islands Blvd in Oxnard/ Port Hueneme, CA - a busy street for someone to hit and run, wouldn't you say?

dig that positive camber ^^^

He was first hit from behind, just driving, minding his own business - and then when he tried to drive forward to get the guy's license plate who apparently didnt even KNOW he hit anything, the car spun to the left, i guess the rear end gave out - and my husband, thank GOD he can drive, eBraked in a way only a reincarnated stunt driver could, and slid her back to the right, off the shoulder, and into a wall - although id much prefer a scrape with a wall than a tbone or head on if he had let the car spin around in traffic

so i wont know until the insurance company takes her and inspects her if she's totaled - if she is, well by bye headwork, custom exhaust, and all that blood sweat and swearing we put into her.

And my husband and daughter were ok, margot's got a cut on her throat from her car seat, but she's got a checkup tomorrow and im sure shell be fine -
    were hoping for another witness to come forward, but the cop spent more time telling steve not to swear around the baby then to try to help out - we know a witness called in, and we're hoping someone else may too - probably gonna post an ad in the classifieds.

because god help me, if i ever find this fucker, i will sue the socks off his or her feet. i dont care how much insurance he doesnt have, or how many mouths to feed, or how drunk he was, or that she was too busy yelling at her 14 year old daughter for getting impregnated by her half brother to notice the road - i dont give a flying fuck.

thanks for letting me rant.

this is more frustrating than anything. but im calm, and calculating... waiting for the call.
    Last edited by i'm the girl; 01-10-2006, 12:09 AM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

didnt something like this happen to you before cass?

i hate to be negative but you have the worst luck

at least every one is ok

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
      didnt something like this happen to you before cass?

i hate to be negative but you have the worst luck

at least every one is ok

its not me, HE has the worst luck - but no, this car got broken into in hollywood (thats why the steering panel is missing and why theres a new kit on the car) this past summer

and then all the new parts plus the old kit got stolen out of our carport in october, but in an ironic twist of fate, today the guy that took them admitted to doing it - so i'm also in the works of suing the socks off his feet as well -

but i digress

Comment

Originally posted by i'm the girl
        its not me, HE has the worst luck - but no, this car got broken into in hollywood (thats why the steering panel is missing and why theres a new kit on the car) this past summer

and then all the new parts plus the old kit got stolen out of our carport in october, but in an ironic twist of fate, today the guy that took them admitted to doing it - so i'm also in the works of suing the socks off his feet as well -

but i digress

wow this thing's a bad luck charm! Get your CB up and running!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I really loved living in San Diego, but the car theft, and the break-ins were really getting to me. In 2 years I had 1 car stolen, and 2 cars broken into. I see the baby, I am happy no one was hurt.
          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

good side of all this is that margo is ok...let me know if you need some more help in finding and kicking this person's ass cuz he/she messed with margo and i like the lil girl so yeah...its ass whooping time! let me know if you need any help

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I didn't know the car was red! It's a curse! Red cars are driving into walls these days!

I'm glad to hear everyone is OK for the most part. Hopefully you can strip the car before it gets totaled! Buy a seized AV6 owned by an old lady that doesn't understand what an oil change means and you'll be back in business!

Losing a car kinda feels like getting dumped, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I didn't know the car was red! It's a curse! Red cars are driving into walls these days!

I'm glad to hear everyone is OK for the most part. Hopefully you can strip the car before it gets totaled! Buy a seized AV6 owned by an old lady that doesn't understand what an oil change means and you'll be back in business!

i was waiting for you to chime in! As soon as I saw the rear end yesterday, i immediately thought of your misfortune - that crap must be contagious! and yes, it does feel like getting dumped, and i have this sinking sick feeling in my stomach pit from the assmonster who was too drunk/stupid.afraid to pull over and own up

-- if they total it, I may try to work out a deal - usaa will pay off honda (we still owe $6000 on the car) and the difference, i may push for a smaller amount plus the title to the car, otherwise i'm fighting tooth and nail for all the money- including the custom exhaust, the port/polished heads, the seats, all of it

...and from there i don't know what we'll do with it.

Oh and ramiro, if i find the guy, well go visit him with my tire iron.

ok not really. but you know what i'm saying

Comment

Just get a chain... tie it to his rear wheels, and to his front and back bumpers... When he moves, he'll modify his truck to look like your car!

Comment

im kinda confused on what happened but damn! that shit is poretty major, hope everything goes well.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Just get a chain... tie it to his rear wheels, and to his front and back bumpers... When he moves, he'll modify his truck to look like your car!
                      that's the best idea ive heard yet

Originally posted by wed3k
                      im kinda confused on what happened but damn! that shit is poretty major, hope everything goes well.
                      he was driving down the road when this suv hit him from behind and kept going - since he was still moving, he tried to keep goin to see if he could get the guy's plate number (theres no real place to pull over there anyway, i think he was in an intersection) - got a little farther down the road, not speeding or anything, and also just trying to get home - and the car's rear end gave out and started to spin to the left, which would have put him into oncoming traffic, so he thought fast, pulled the ebrake, and slid her to the right, up the curb and ran the car against a wall - which imo was a much better choice then letting it spin out and having other cars hit it.

Comment

Dude, a red civic was running me last week and lost control on the highway... (in racing forum) O.o *Glad he had his car painted Blue* (nvr was red)
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I think it might just be the 6th gen Accords that are cursed.

My mom has an '02 V6 that has had several incidents, luckily none major, that were all just random chance events that should have been statistically impossible. My dad is getting rid of it because he thinks it is VOODOO or something. Of course the allure of a brand new car that hasn't been hit 3 times helps too.

I have another friend with a 2000 EX that has had the same type of trouble. Drunk drivers careen into it, etc.

Keep us posted.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            I think it might just be the 6th gen Accords that are cursed.

My mom has an '02 V6 that has had several incidents, luckily none major, that were all just random chance events that should have been statistically impossible. My dad is getting rid of it because he thinks it is VOODOO or something. Of course the allure of a brand new car that hasn't been hit 3 times helps too.

I have another friend with a 2000 EX that has had the same type of trouble. Drunk drivers careen into it, etc.

Keep us posted.
                            maybe it is a curse. the parts that get stolen. the four trannies. the incessant idiot light when i KNOW there's nothing wrong with it.

meh i haven't heard from usaa yet - so im getting antsy, i guess ill call today and find out if theres any more word. i'm stumped, i honestly can't guess if its totalled or not. and im on the fence with whether or not i want it to be

on a humorous side note, we had to turn in our rental car (a sebring) b/c it had brake squeal and a CEL - on a 2005 car! WTF! so then they tried to downgrade us to a compact , and then they finally gave us a full-size, and its an 06 taurus in old-man-gold with a TAPE DECK

a TAPE DECK -- not a cd/ tape combo - just a TAPE DECK - i'm like "do they even MAKE tapes anymore? This is a brand new car? Im sorry? did i fall into a time warp or what?

...this is why i always request imports when i have to rent.

Comment

Working...
                            X