Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California drivers have officially scared me to death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aero3685
    Yeah, i like people that actually have places to be, things to do.

Thankfully a law is about to pass here in Florida.. if you are in the left lane doing anything other than passing, you get a ticket. If you are blocking the flow of traffic in left lane.. you betchya.. ticket.

For the old people, its just like a speeding ticket, the slower you go, the more points and fines. I cant wait

But thats why I like Miami driving.. everyone is in a hurry. The 55mph roads average speed is ~70-80. Cops never are radarring... they have better stuff to do. and if you are doing 80 in a 55, you can guarantee yourself that someone will pass you doing 90-100 sometime soon.

1. NC has a law now that, in so many words, you can get someone ticketed or arrested if you report them driving like an asshole

2. no one gets radared on the freeways. 5 lanes one way -- as long as it isn't rush hour... but it's like that anywhere - if you're keeping with the flow of traffic, they can't stop you

let's hope today's driving goes as smoothly as yesterdays, no incident, thank god

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

tell me about it...
      almost got hit 5 times by ppl who didnt stop at stop signs.

but the best story would have to be my co-worker's. she was getting out of her car and this biker screams for her to move even though he was like 100 ft away. so they start argueing and shit and he finally rides away.
      my co-worker goes into the restaurant and starts eating. the fucker comes back and starts like jacking off her antenna and fucking around with it. she calls her dad and tells him to get down here quick. she walks outside, pull sthe baseball bat out of her truck and starts wailing on his bike, shes going at the back and smashing it to pieces while the guy is yelling "WT are you doing!!!"

my co-worker is getting frustrated because she cant break any more pieces off the bike and is about to swing the bat at the guy's head until her dad comes and finally takes the bat away.
      all this time, the hobo's in SF are cheering and shit, lol.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        tell me about it...
        almost got hit 5 times by ppl who didnt stop at stop signs.

but the best story would have to be my co-worker's. she was getting out of her car and this biker screams for her to move even though he was like 100 ft away. so they start argueing and shit and he finally rides away.
        my co-worker goes into the restaurant and starts eating. the fucker comes back and starts like jacking off her antenna and fucking around with it. she calls her dad and tells him to get down here quick. she walks outside, pull sthe baseball bat out of her truck and starts wailing on his bike, shes going at the back and smashing it to pieces while the guy is yelling "WT are you doing!!!"

my co-worker is getting frustrated because she cant break any more pieces off the bike and is about to swing the bat at the guy's head until her dad comes and finally takes the bat away.
        all this time, the hobo's in SF are cheering and shit, lol.
        dood thats fawking hilarious!!!!! wow...i never had it that bad in the bay. but the east bay is much nicer than the city, LMAO its pretty chill out in antioch...

i do have one incident though, i was chilling on my frens porch just smoking a cigarette. we saw this 5.0 pull up and these two guys get out(this was like four houses down) well they reach in the trunk and pull out this big black plastic bag...
        i was laughin by this time just cause i knew something was bout to go down. well they ended up taking a HUGE bag full of MUD and SHIT (yes real shit) and dumping it all over this riced out cavalier...LMAO oh wow..i was cracking up on that one..

Comment

omg. i ALWAYS used to carry a sledghammer with me ... maybe i should start again

lmao

two nights in a row without incident... now im starting to worry

Comment

I hate to single out a state, but cali people, wow, the majority of them are horrible drivers. God forbid it rains, even like .001 of a milimeter of rain will cause panic and accidents. Imagine more than an inch of snow in cali, you'd have riots and widespread famine, lol. Granted there are some decent cali drivers, and each state has it's shitty drivers. However, I'd put my money on the fact that cali has the majority of bad drivers in this country.
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
              I hate to single out a state, but cali people, wow, the majority of them are horrible drivers. God forbid it rains, even like .001 of a milimeter of rain will cause panic and accidents. Imagine more than an inch of snow in cali, you'd have riots and widespread famine, lol. Granted there are some decent cali drivers, and each state has it's shitty drivers. However, I'd put my money on the fact that cali has the majority of bad drivers in this country.
              one drop. hell not even a drop..... a cloud passing over the sun and all hell breaks loose. i understand that it doesn't rain a lot, and when it does, the roads themselves can get dangerous because of the resurfacing of oil etc... but seriously. ...

... don't get me started on rain b/c even the weather people on the news never know what to say about it. some dumbass on the radio two months ago was like "if you're driving in the rain, you're hydroplaning"

so i guess the media doesn't help at all. (not like it really ever does, anyway)

STUPID!!!

Comment

You think that is bad, washington is the same way, and it rains everyday.
                my ride

Comment

C'mon worst driving state got to be NY.
                  The Taxi drivers in NYC dont care who you are,
                  they'll cut you off (Without blinkers), have like less
                  than an inch apart away from hitting you and just keep
                  on going with the flow of traffic like nothin just happend.

There's one thing that i do that reminds me of New York.
                  When you're at a light and are about to make a left turn.
                  You have to wait till the people comming from the other side
                  give you a chance to go.
                  -Well most people down here in Jersey are really scared to turn.
                  So i be stuck in the middle of the intersection wating for them to turn,
                  sometimes i got to turn in Red cuz i dont want to get stuck in the middle.

-But if im first in line to turn left what i like to do is this thing i call
                  "New York Style". What i do is go up to the middle, wait a little bit
                  then i slowly start moving to the left, i go little by little.
                  You be seeing people tryin to swerve out of the lane because they think im going to hit them. Then it gets to a point where im already in the other side
                  and the people comming have to let me make the left turn.
                  I say 95% of the times it always works.
                  -But thats me...i cant be waiting there in the middle of the street trying
                  to make the left turn. People will not let you, you have to wait till it turns
                  red so that you can go.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                    C'mon worst driving state got to be NY.
                    The Taxi drivers in NYC dont care who you are,
                    they'll cut you off (Without blinkers), have like less
                    than an inch apart away from hitting you and just keep
                    on going with the flow of traffic like nothin just happend.

There's one thing that i do that reminds me of New York.
                    When you're at a light and are about to make a left turn.
                    You have to wait till the people comming from the other side
                    give you a chance to go.
                    -Well most people down here in Jersey are really scared to turn.
                    So i be stuck in the middle of the intersection wating for them to turn,
                    sometimes i got to turn in Red cuz i dont want to get stuck in the middle.

-But if im first in line to turn left what i like to do is this thing i call
                    "New York Style". What i do is go up to the middle, wait a little bit
                    then i slowly start moving to the left, i go little by little.
                    You be seeing people tryin to swerve out of the lane because they think im going to hit them. Then it gets to a point where im already in the other side
                    and the people comming have to let me make the left turn.
                    I say 95% of the times it always works.
                    -But thats me...i cant be waiting there in the middle of the street trying
                    to make the left turn. People will not let you, you have to wait till it turns
                    red so that you can go.
                    but you see what i mean? I'm from philly... it's the same way... but the point is you can actually SUM UP what to expect from the drivers. back home i don't expect people to turn left until the light is red. i don't expect them to let me into the highway from the acceleration lane.

the problem is out here, people aren't assholes, they're retarded. you can't predict what they'll do. you can't sum it up.

I'd take 95 or 283 or 76 over this shit any day. at least traffic slows down for a reason... people out here just stop. i don't know why. hell i'd take my old drive down 309 in rush hour to the montgomery mall over my drive down Victoria to ventura out here any time...

i have things to do, but i won't leave the base today, it's saturday... i'd have to be stupid to go anywhere. ... i've never thought like that until i got here. i've never been so adamant to NOT drive... i hate it

Comment

That's SoCal. When it rains, stay off the streets! I found that in So Cal drivers tend to just make stupid decisions, while up here, at least in my area, people make aggressively stupid decisions behind the wheel.

If we have more bad drivers than anywhere else, its just due to having the largest population.

What's up with Massholes btw?

Comment

Okie .. LuvmyGen4 ?? Deeeeep brrreaths .. therrrre you gooo .. innnn annnd, ouuuut ..
                        K .. all together now .. ohmmm .. hahahaha .. I swear .. dont even get me started on bone-headed schmucks in the cities ..

Originally posted by aero3685
                        Thankfully a law is about to pass here in Florida.. if you are in the left lane doing anything other than passing, you get a ticket. If you are blocking the flow of traffic in left lane.. you betchya.. ticket.
                        For the old people, its just like a speeding ticket, the slower you go, the more points and fines. I cant wait
                        But thats why I like Miami driving.. everyone is in a hurry. The 55mph roads average speed is ~70-80. Cops never are radarring... they have better stuff to do. and if you are doing 80 in a 55, you can guarantee yourself that someone will pass you doing 90-100 sometime soon.
                        Brandon .. I cant wait for that fawkin law to pass .. omg .. you're so right tho ..
                        Just now .. left lane .. I-95 .. I'm not even into 5th gear .. and this fawkin pea brain *younger* female,
                        kickin it .. goin 70 .. in the left laaaannne ?? Gave her look as I went by .. and just as I passed her ..
                        I slid in .. I'm sure just the foil from my cb7, rocked her *65* rusted up, Ford Gallaxy... annnd
                        mita given her the *heads up* that *others* wouldnt have otherwise .. umm nope ..
                        hahha .. look in my side mirror ... till she dissappeared .. she was still there .. left lane bandit bitching it ..

If I were a cop .. i'd be simple .. you show no care in the left lane like that.. aloha ka kou sista !!
                        People gots places to be, and peep's to do ..

As for you LuvmyGen4, they're all fawkin nuts in the city anywhere it is .. I still flash lights
                        and rev rpm's at folks who fawkitup .. One a the reasons I like the clutch so much I guess ..
                        People at lights get the idea, when they're sittin there waiting to make a right, and no one's comin
                        from like fawkin arizona, or as far as the eye can see, they get a ..FWWwwwaahhhuuup..
                        in their back seats that shakes Jethro's coke bottle glassses and *he* resorts
                        to tellin Betty Jean that's driving the pick up, that I'm a cop in disguise, and I'm darin them
                        to g'head, and make a right on a red ..

Four way stops ?? no.. ya really don wanna go there with me .. k? grrr
                        Rubber-Neckers get the *high revs* as well .. until *they* rear end someone else ..
                        and believe me .. they will .. then, guess what .. they dont runbba-neck no mo ..

LuvmyGen4.. be safe and stay sane .. and umm, did you say sledgehammer? yikes !!

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

If you guys are complaning about california drivers then u have never been to TJ (Tijuanna,mexico)
                          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Driving in So Cal is really dangerous... But try riding with these idiots. When I try to split lanes in traffic, people still try to switch lanes in front of me.... It's like even if you do switch lanes, you're still in f*ckin' traffic, so stay where you're at. And I do love how cars try to pass me/cut me off. They forget that I am faster and I can get through traffic a lot easier.

Oh and the whole rain driving here sucks too. Everyone has to slow down to 20 MPH on the freeway, even if it's not congested. Just drive slower than usual, but don't ride the brakes from San Gabriel Valley all the way into downtown LA!!!

There's my rant for the day. PLEASE watch out for bikes and cars alike, and PLEASE be more considerate drivers. Because I have been known to hit/punch/kick your car if you're too close to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
                              If you guys are complaning about california drivers then u have never been to TJ (Tijuanna,mexico)
                              your comparing a third world country to a nation that have marked its place in any histroy book in the world...offcoarse driving in thris wrold countries are a pain in the ass..2 lane streets become 3 or 4 cus people think they own the street the U.S. and Europe has the thoughest driving laws people do obey but offcoarse there are those times and moments..and we can realy do anthing but drive defensively but it is a fact that driving in LA is alot more challening than any other states because of the large asian population, i am asian and i do admit asian are the worst drivers iint he world, on top of that you have to worry about the recent freeway shootings in socal...all i gotta say is becareful...
                              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by XLR Azn
                                PLEASE watch out for bikes and cars alike, and PLEASE be more considerate drivers. Because I have been known to hit/punch/kick your car if you're too close to me.

lol. first off i can't believe this thread is still alive!!!

2nd. my husband throws things - cups and/or bottles mostly... and i usually just run people off the road

it amazing how laying on your horn for 2 minutes straight can get people out of your way

Comment

Working...
                                X